Tajon Buchanan

nolando

9 hours ago, El Diego said:

Reducing it to two legs was necessary for allowing more playoff teams, which in turn was necessary due to increased expansion. The league also said that it was to make the regular season mean more, as higher seeding gives you home field expansion and potentially a bye.

At least MLS doesn’t seem to mind tinkering.  They will figure it out.  It’s a disaster format now

The format I would like to see is a two game total points series rather than a two game away goals rule series. The reason I like the total points two game series is that it keeps both teams in it right to the end of the second game . If a team has a bad game in the first game and is blown out 4-0 for example your still in it in the second game in a total points series , in a away goals rule series you lose 4-0 or more and the probability of coming back are pretty rare , yes it happens once in a while where a team comes back but very rarely. In a total points series you win the second game and force extra time and then penalties and you always have a chance no matter how bad the first game went .

Edited by SoccMan

14 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

The format I would like to see is a two game total points series rather than a two game away goals rule series. The reason I like the total points two game series is that it keeps both teams in it right to the end of the second game . If a team has a bad game in the first game and is blown out 4-0 for example your still in it in the second game in a total points series , in a away goals rule series you lose 4-0 or more and the probability of coming back are pretty rare , yes it happens once in a while where a team comes back but very rarely. In a total points series you win the second game and force extra time and then penalties and you always have a chance no matter how bad the first game went .

That’s a horrible idea. A team gets up 4-0 and both teams might as well park the bus and just save energy for the next game. Playoffs need drama. KO games are fine just add in an 8th team, fix the scheduling so 4 QF games aren’t spread out over 6 days, and then reseed after each round if they really want to give the top seeds an advantage.

On 12/2/2021 at 12:08 PM, Metro said:

Where's Pepi? 😄

Just shows the bullshit.

I said “so Tajon is good enough to be in the best XI, but not good enough to win the YPotY award. Shows the inconsistencies.

Americans will say “overall the quality of the forward position is high” 🙄

Edited by Shway

• 3 weeks later...

https://myprivacy.dpgmedia.be/consent?siteKey=Uqxf9TXhjmaG4pbQ&callbackUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hln.be%2Fprivacy-gate%2Faccept-tcf2%3FredirectUri%3D%2Fdossier-club-brugge-anderlecht%2Fkompany-ik-ben-gedegouteerd-we-zijn-de-hele-wedstrijd-uitgescholden-voor-bruine-apen~a0db0e6a%2F

He's joining a team where the supporters have regularly been horrendous. Latest is calling all the black players with Anderlecht monkeys the whole match.

Some highlights from Reddit:

• Beating an old man into a coma
  • Making monkey noises
  • Racially abusing staff and players
  • Antisemitist chants

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

https://myprivacy.dpgmedia.be/consent?siteKey=Uqxf9TXhjmaG4pbQ&callbackUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hln.be%2Fprivacy-gate%2Faccept-tcf2%3FredirectUri%3D%2Fdossier-club-brugge-anderlecht%2Fkompany-ik-ben-gedegouteerd-we-zijn-de-hele-wedstrijd-uitgescholden-voor-bruine-apen~a0db0e6a%2F

He's joining a team where the supporters have regularly been horrendous. Latest is calling all the black players with Anderlecht monkeys the whole match.

Some highlights from Reddit:

• Beating an old man into a coma
  • Making monkey noises
  • Racially abusing staff and players
  • Antisemitist chants

What the ? Wow !

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Brugge are playing two friendlies against Karlsruher and Feyenoord in the coming week.  manager Clement just left the club to apparently replace Kovac at Monaco

And the news on that same website is that they've hired Koeman's former assistant at Barça, Alfred Schreuder. I can't say much about him, sorry to say. Has top flight Dutch experience. 

20 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

In a way, having him come in right when a new manager turns up and with a winter camp + friendlies could be a big opportunity for Tajon to cement himself in the squad earlier than expected. All players start from ground zero as the new boss can evaluate them during the camp.

I think it is excellent that he gets two friendlies to integrate before meaningful results are on the line.  A bit more ambiguous about the new manager but it could def be an opportunity.