Tajon Buchanan

nolando

They've had Tajon switch wings it seems. Wonder if they'll sub the entire team out for 2nd half. 

BTW, they are playing with two Belgian national team players, the keeper Mignolet and the striker Vanaken, who is quite tall.

He also mentioned Jordi Figueras, who played for both Brugge and Karlsruher, and is now playing down there on a team in Andalucia.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

15 minutes ago, Thomdev said:

Belgian, taking a look around and willing to answer questions and give updates on Tajine/Brugge :)

Cool! I always try to find a forum for clubs that our players move to, but a lot of times it is hard to find an active one (many kids are on Twitter and Discord these days -- and probably most are on some platform I don't know about). I always appreciate a different perspective (possibly less biased) on our guys. For example, Lille and Canadian fans were totally split on Jonathan David last season.

4 hours ago, Ivan said:

Thanks @Thomdev.  How did he look from your perspective in his first game for Brugge?

First impression was good, although i missed a bit of the first half. But he's quick, quite technical, not afraid to take on the defender, alsof goes back when necessary,... Good first impression. Our right wing was really weak first half of the season, so he should be a starter

1 minute ago, Thomdev said:

First impression was good, although i missed a bit of the first half. But he's quick, quite technical, not afraid to take on the defender, alsof goes back when necessary,... Good first impression. Our right wing was really weak first half of the season, so he should be a starter

I've watched about 5-7 Clube Brugge games and Sowah looked disappointing to me. Is that the general consensus? I've seen Van der Brempt sub in there, but I see him listed as a defender on most web sites.

Any idea what shape the new manager will play? There are so many interesting players in this team (De Ketelaere, Vanaken, Lang).

3 hours ago, El Diego said:

Cool! I always try to find a forum for clubs that our players move to, but a lot of times it is hard to find an active one (many kids are on Twitter and Discord these days -- and probably most are on some platform I don't know about). I always appreciate a different perspective (possibly less biased) on our guys. For example, Lille and Canadian fans were totally split on Jonathan David last season.

For Brugge, the most important forum is stamnummer3.be. But i don't think i would recommend for people who don't speak the native language and know the way things are there. :)

Just now, El Diego said:

I've watched about 5-7 Clube Brugge games and Sowah looked disappointing to me. Is that the general consensus? I've seen Van der Brempt sub in there, but I see him listed as a defender on most web sites.

Any idea what shape the new manager will play? There are so many interesting players in this team (De Ketelaere, Vanaken, Lang).

Sowah had a great debut, but was really disappointing after. Tajon should take his spot quite easily. If Mata stats he alsof had a great player behind him.

VDB makes too many defensive errors atm, should be loaned out. De Ketelaere and Lang should be worth around 60m € combined, amazing prospects.

New manager should play quite offensively, with high pressure.

3 hours ago, Thomdev said:

Sowah had a great debut, but was really disappointing after. Tajon should take his spot quite easily. If Mata stats he alsof had a great player behind him.

VDB makes too many defensive errors atm, should be loaned out. De Ketelaere and Lang should be worth around 60m € combined, amazing prospects.

New manager should play quite offensively, with high pressure.

I am sorry to say that Schreuder did not express himself much under Koeman. Saying, basically, as a Barça fan, that I am not sure at all if he's any good. I think this is fair as we've had many assistants who did make a mark, like Ten Cate. 

But I do agree: will play offensively, with high pressure, wide outside players who are important, and trying to dominate pace and possession.

Schreuder they say was very personable, spoke to players, was very professional. He was given responsabilities in attacking play, especially, and is from the Dutch school favouring more of an attacking mindset. They say he uses ideas he picked up in Netherlands (he was a Feyernoord mid) and from when he was in Germany and met Nagelsmann, who many say is very original with methods.

I think having been a coach at Barça gives him a pedigree, and surely it ensures the respect of the players while also giving him experience handling quality rosters. But as I say, Koeman was no wonder on the bench, and I did not see anything I would objectively say is a virtue that came through when he was with us.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

4 hours ago, Thomdev said:

For Brugge, the most important forum is stamnummer3.be. But i don't think i would recommend for people who don't speak the native language and know the way things are there. :)

A header item on that page says that Brugge may be interested in Stefan Mitrovic. Had we heard this already?

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I am sorry to say that Schreuder did not express himself much under Koeman.

What, an assistant coach that doesn't overshadow his boss?  Assistant coaches shouldn't express themselves, it's not part of their job description.

Schreuder is an excellent trainer, he has great credentials. Time will tell if that leads to success as there are many factors involved, as you know.  

6 hours ago, shamrock said:

What, an assistant coach that doesn't overshadow his boss?  Assistant coaches shouldn't express themselves, it's not part of their job description.

Schreuder is an excellent trainer, he has great credentials. Time will tell if that leads to success as there are many factors involved, as you know.  

It is not a question of overshadowing, it is a question of making a mark. I've seen 20 trainers come through Barça, all with assistants. Some make a mark, have a clear role, show their merit and fans and press will recognise it. Ten Cate was one; so was Mourinho. Roberto Moreno, now at Granada. Tito Vilanova under Guardiola, who died tragically. Others may be more discreet, but have an influence just the same. 

Schreuder did not register for anyone, fans, club members or press, in the period he was here. Apart from being pleasant on a personal level and professional as a club employee. 

I'm encouraged by Bruges fans thinking Tajon will start as he's an upgrade.