Tajon Buchanan

nolando

He played 75. Mostly just flashes. The team looked like it was playing at 70% intensity, with a few exceptions. Totally controlled the match but did not really try to get more than their one goal (1-0). Tajon on the wide left, and for the last little bit, wide on the right, always coming back for wide defensive coverage as well. For attacking set pieces, he is placed outside the box, not in it. Little more.

Watching Brugges for the first time. Tajon showed flashes for sure getting in the box several times and putting some dangerous balls across. Brugges controlled most of the play. Lang and Mata looked good to me. De Ketalaere looks very good

Yup, they wanted him to come back and make inverted runs, and they looked off him a lot as well. #4, Nsoki? looked him off multiple times when TB had acres of space.  
It was a very slow, lethargic pace, mainly focused on feeding CDK and building something of that.   

That said, Tajon looked fine, showed flashes of being the most electric player on the pitch, and was rock solid defensively. Oh, he also megged that man and got yellows drawn. 

He will grow, and will beast. Just time…

From the official account:

Schreuder: "Ik kende Buchanan ook nog niet zo goed. Ik wist dat het een groot talent was. Fysisch maakt hij een goeie indruk, waardoor we hem meteen konden opstellen. Hij is ook tactisch gedisciplineerd en is niks voor niks Canadees international."

Which I get as the coach saying:
I didn't know Buchanan very well either. I knew he was a
great talent. Physically he makes a good impression, so we could immediately play him. He is also tactically disciplined and is a Canadian international for a reason." 

I read another tweet that said he was the player with the most distanced covered, over 11km.
Edited by Unnamed Trialist