Tajon Buchanan

nolando

1 minute ago, Addona said:

It’ll just be more fuel to drive TB forward and prove more people wrong!

I think its pretty clear that the media tried to deny  him the award.   we know Pepi is good, no question.  but we also know the TB is excellent.   Well, we are not talking like its a vote for MVP of the NBA when Michael Jordan / Lebron James were in their primes.   i doubt even they got a unanimous vote.  But thats what we are seeing here.

Barring a minor miracle, Club Brugge won’t be in the Europa League in the new year. They got spanked 0-5 at home to Leipzig today and sit last in their CL group. Their last game is away to PSG. Less opportunity for playing time.

Also I was surprised to see Brugge are scheduled to play league leaders Union St. Gilloise on January 26 - a day before Canada @ Honduras. Does Belgium not stop during the International break?

Edited by footballfreak

11 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Barring a minor miracle, Club Brugge won’t be in the Europa League in the new year. They got spanked 0-5 at home to Leipzig today and sit last in their CL group. Their last game is away to PSG. Less opportunity for playing time.

Also I was surprised to see Brugge are scheduled to play league leaders Union St. Gilloise on January 26 - a day before Canada @ Honduras. Does Belgium not stop during the International break?

I don't know, but my speculation is that since this January window isn't normally a window, but rather a COVID relief bonus window, and that Europe isn't using the January window for their qualifying, Belgium probably decided to play through it. I wonder if other leagues are playing through it as well?

11 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Woah I am even more surprised to learn that a newly promoted side is leading the league near the halfway point. Wikipedia says that previous to this season they hadn't been in the top flight in 48 years and won their most recent First Division title back in the 1930s. 

I'd love to hear from someone who keeps up with the league more, but it looks like Brighton's chairman took over the club ownership a couple of years ago, so I wondered if this sudden boost is a product of increased spending but TransferMarkt suggests they've only spent about $2million since taking over (although that is pretty much all of their revenue). They do seem to have taken a few loans from Brighton over the last two years as well.

4 hours ago, Kent said:

I don't know, but my speculation is that since this January window isn't normally a window, but rather a COVID relief bonus window, and that Europe isn't using the January window for their qualifying, Belgium probably decided to play through it. I wonder if other leagues are playing through it as well?

Concacaf, Conmebol and Asia are all playing this window. My guess is club games will get rescheduled as needed.

Checked a few leagues. Germany is off. Switzerland is playing.

50 minutes ago, narduch said:

Concacaf, Conmebol and Asia are all playing this window. My guess is club games will get rescheduled as needed.

Checked a few leagues. Germany is off. Switzerland is playing.

I don't think games will be rescheduled based on other federations playing. Leagues don't grind to a halt because teams are losing players to the African Nations Cup, and I don't seem them doing the same here.

13 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I don't think games will be rescheduled based on other federations playing. Leagues don't grind to a halt because teams are losing players to the African Nations Cup, and I don't seem them doing the same here.

England Championship and League 1 reschedule matches all the time if there are too many international call ups.

Edited by narduch

Currently Bruge have 2 games scheduled in that window Jan 25 and 28th … Europe doesn’t have an official window scheduled for Jan 

Also Tajon will be brand new to his club (joining in Jan I think) and be looking to make an impression on his new manager. It takes time for a player especially coming from overseas to settle and Tajon will be looking to get off to a good start 

be interesting to see if the club release him for theses wcq 

as for the league 1 and champ clubs they only release players during an official window(their leagues don’t stop for the windows) and you have to have 3 int call ups to reschedule your game…

Edited by spitfire

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

Currently Bruge have 2 games scheduled in that window Jan 25 and 28th … Europe doesn’t have an official window scheduled for Jan 

Also Tajon will be brand new to his club (joining in Jan I think) and be looking to make an impression on his new manager. It takes time for a player especially coming from overseas to settle and Tajon will be looking to get off to a good start 

as for the league 1 and champ clubs they only release players during an official window(their leagues don’t stop for the windows) and you have to have 3 int call ups to reschedule your game…

I noticed that Basel also has a game scheduled on January 29.

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I am hoping that matches will be rescheduled like they do in England.

3 hours ago, spitfire said:

The club doesn’t have a choice for WCQ. Similar to AFCON and Asian Cup, which are also not during windows (but are even longer).

I can’t see his club trying to influence a new player, who isn’t likely to feature substantially anyhow, to stay back. 

22 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Brugge will want Tajon and Canada to qualify for the World Cup. They'll release him and wish him well. 

Exactly, they're already in the profit when Tajon inevitably gets his next transfer. But if World Cup goal scorer is added to his resume, thats an bit of cash potentially for them

20 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don’t watch many US teams in MLS but Buchanan and the Revs are playing NYCFC in the eastern conference semi-finals right now on TSN.  Game just went into extra time.  Hopping Buchanan can break the game open and win it but they are marking him like crazy when he gets the ball.  

Forced a low % shot from distance when he needed to make the pass to his open mid who made a nice forward run down the flank.

It's been a good game to watch, from a neutral's standpoint. 

21 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don’t watch many US teams in MLS but Buchanan and the Revs are playing NYCFC in the eastern conference semi-finals right now on TSN.  Game just went into extra time.  Hopping Buchanan can break the game open and win it but they are marking him like crazy when he gets the ball.  

I’m watching as well. I find his play in this game reminds me a lot of Davies with Canada (at times)… when gets the ball he’s often trying to do a lot on his own… it’s exciting, the talent on full display but from a team perspective it feels disjointed.  I think fatigue might be setting in for everyone at this point.