Tajon Buchanan

nolando

3 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Club Brugge have been impressive so far in CL. I'm looking forward to seeing Tajon play with a group of very talented young players on that team

When we see him play it won't be against CL competition. It'll hopefully be Europa, 2-3 Europa level teams in the league and then the rest will be MLS level.

1 hour ago, sebdeserio said:

When we see him play it won't be against CL competition. It'll hopefully be Europa, 2-3 Europa level teams in the league and then the rest will be MLS level.

This year. But Brugge will be in the mix to qualify for CL again next year.

4 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

They may be in the CL knockouts. Personally I’d prefer they go to Europa as they may actually win a round or two but they could be in CL.

Continue to grow and impress.   This kid is really special and will be an absolute force for us in the years to come.  Adding another element within our attack means that defences can’t cheat to one side to cover Davies - we will just punish you down the other side. And having Davies pushing the envelope in terms of what wing play can look like for us will only spur Tajon on.  

To quote Herdman: “Brilliant” 

Brugge must be so pleased with the timing of their purchase of Tajon. He looks like he keeps going from strength to strength, and he would already command a significant increase on his price.
From the stands, it looked like he really provided a great balance to our attack on our right wing. He also found space well and that was a great leap and back post header for his goal. so excited to see where his development takes him. 

2 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

Brugge must be so pleased with the timing of their purchase of Tajon. He looks like he keeps going from strength to strength, and he would already command a significant increase on his price.
From the stands, it looked like he really provided a great balance to our attack on our right wing. He also found space well and that was a great leap and back post header for his goal. so excited to see where his development takes him. 

I know this will seem completely over the top but that jump and header kind of reminded me of Ronaldo.  

2 minutes ago, Cblake said:

This is what I love about this game, giving kids experiences they will remember for a lifetime. Things like this can only grow the game. Cheers to Tajon !!

That is friggin awesome.  

I would have tackled the kid to the ground and taken the jersey.  But it is a beautiful moment.  

46 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

There is a CMNT fan for life right there.   Thats why we need more games in at home in Canada, and why we need games across the country.  How many little kids in Edmonton are going to form the next gen of hardcore V's after seeing the boys beat Costa Rica in the cold???  

Or at least a Tajon fan for life.

12 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

My money is on future TFC Academy reject and 100-page dual national thread

Spoken like a true dejected long suffering Canada fan.  May you and I become a endangered species soon as we are replaced with kids that only have memories of Canada scoring in bunches, seeing our guys in champions league every year, and having pro teams/playing opportunities all across the country!!  

The more I think about it, the more I am starting to wonder if Tajon may really be our second most important player.  It is a crazy thing to think about given David’s undeniable production over the last year and the absolute class Staq shows in midfield, but the impact Tajon is now consistently having is putting him into that discussion.   Davies is and will be the obvious top talent for quite a while.  But Buchanan’s rise has been ridiculous.  And he has been extremely close to having an almost similar level of impact in big moments.  Remember - he served up a back post ball that would have secure the immense away win in Jamaica had Davies not mishit the ball.   His header last night.  The goal against ES (and assisting David’s in the same game).  This kid has had an impact in the campaign that is undeniable.  

7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Spoken like a true dejected long suffering Canada fan.  May you and I become a endangered species soon as we are replaced with kids that only have memories of Canada scoring in bunches, seeing our guys in champions league every year, and having pro teams/playing opportunities all across the country!!  

Let future generations have fun watching Canada??

lionel hutz simpsons GIF

lionel hutz.png

Edited by Watchmen