Tajon Buchanan

nolando

6 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

So you don’t want him to win a championship then ok . 

His new club has a good chance of winning the league ;)

I mostly want TFC's 2017 season to live on as the greatest season ever. New points record at the time and a treble, hopefully it won't be surpassed for a while. NE's new points record doesn't mean much if they can't win the cup.

7 minutes ago, VinceA said:

A shame for Tajon but what a terrible move giving your first seed a bye that sees them go cold for weeks without gametime. Getting 1st place is not a good thing lmao.

This has been an issue for years and MLS continues to structure itself this way. It’s ridiculous... in no sport is a prolonged break an advantage. 

They desperately want to give the supporters shield winners some sort of advantage but this isn’t the way. 

9 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This has been an issue for years and MLS continues to structure itself this way. It’s ridiculous... in no sport is a prolonged break an advantage. 

They desperately want to give the supporters shield winners some sort of advantage but this isn’t the way. 

Firstly Colorado, then NE....I call it perfect murder.

16 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

They need to return to 2 legs to reduce the margin for error.

Having the SS winner enter the semis cold in a one-game knockout is not an advantage, it's a disadvantage.

45 minutes ago, Obinna said:

They need to return to 2 legs to reduce the margin for error.

Having the SS winner enter the semis cold in a one-game knockout is not an advantage, it's a disadvantage.

Thank you.   See my comments on the Whitecaps thread in the MLS section of this forum.   

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I hope you are right with Forge travelling to Honduras for tomorrow's return leg then back home to play a Pacific side who haven't played for 2 weeks!

I also agree that the playoff format is a joke in MLS, I hope they fix it. 

At least the Supporter's Shield has been made into something of merit in MLS, makes sense, despite the schedule not being balanced. 

He should take a break, take 3-4 weeks off and properly rest. It would make sense for him to go to Bruges, get acclimatised and set up, maybe have them do a plan for his off-season, then be back right after Christmas. 

They play the week before Christmas, then they have a Boxing Day derby vs. Cercle Bruges--and then a two and a half week break and start on the 14th. That is a bit tough, as it would mean only two matches before the international call-up.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I also agree that the playoff format is a joke in MLS, I hope they fix it. 

For me, MLS reducing the playoff rounds from two-legged affairs to one-leg knockout suggests that the owners still lose money when it comes to MLS playoffs. 

Otherwise, why would the owners forego extra home dates at a time when the players' salaries have already been paid in full for the year?  (I am assuming MLS pays it's players the same way the other American leagues do: the full salary during the regular season.)

5 minutes ago, Metro said:

For me, MLS reducing the playoff rounds from two-legged affairs to one-leg knockout suggests that the owners still lose money when it comes to MLS playoffs. 

Otherwise, why would the owners forego extra home dates at a time when the players' salaries have already been paid in full for the year?  (I am assuming MLS pays it's players the same way the other American leagues do: the full salary during the regular season.)

Reducing it to two legs was necessary for allowing more playoff teams, which in turn was necessary due to increased expansion. The league also said that it was to make the regular season mean more, as higher seeding gives you home field expansion and potentially a bye.