Herdman new head coach

matty

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

What Brinks truck. Isn't the CSA's revenue largely capped because of the CSB deal? We don't play enough games in Canada and there's only so much you can raise from player registration fees

Maybe this Brinks truck. Could probably fit a couple loonies in it lol

Patch_Card_The_Heavies_Funny_Money_Gray_Hong_Kong_7621.jpg

Edited by rydermike

9 minutes ago, Califax said:

I mean... who else could leave that would matter? No offence, but as long as it's not a player, who cares?

Girlfriend: I'm leaving you, but that's not all
me: Okay...
Girlfriend: I'm taking my cat
me: O-Okay?

If Ottawafan’s info is legit and Herdman is staying, it’s more like your girlfriend teaching you a lesson by not breaking up with you, but cutting ties with her most annoying friends that you hate. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

The possibility of Herdman leaving is strong regardless of what Canada Soccer does; there are always club and national team jobs around the corner.  As others have said, what contingencies do they have if it happens.  We are in the (semi) big time, is Canada Soccer able to make the important decisions and does it even have the money to make them?  I'm quietly confident but it is based on hope rather than anything else.

Well,  you're not that quiet about it. You told everyone on this message board.

In terms of national football federation shit shows, there aren't many that can top the CSA.  NZF, however, is one of them.

Reading through all these recent posts, there was no way NZF could offer Herdman more money.  If there was any truth to the story, it would have been about wanting to be in NZ specifically, not for a pay raise or more opportunities.

Glad to see the mini crisis is over.  I'm keen to hear about the other offers - NZ, Andorra, Cambodia, Torquay United, Pacific FC?  I guess they are opportunities.

Frankly the only thing that I was worried about was the immediate impact on the players if Herdman left Canada for NZ. But if I take out that aspect, there is otherwise a slight bit of disappointment (even though the article originally quoted had me a bit suspicious from the get go) that it wasn't true, because I do think that we need to up our tactical game for 2026 based on the highly questionable coaching tactics and mistakes we saw at the World Cup. If Herdman can do this (raise his own tactical game to a higher level), then great, but that remains to be seen.

34 minutes ago, Kent said:

This has aged terribly.

I can’t speak to what has happened over the last little while, but do know his intention going back six months was to move on from the men’s national team. Things change tho. 
Find it curious things got to the point that the NZ people were commenting publicly on him. And that KJ was confirming it. Wonder what type of convos were had today at the CSA offices. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

The Athetic just posted an article about it. Apparently the offer came through an intermediary (?), and that both Herdman and Canada were shocked by the news when it came out. Also, New Zealand would've fucked themselves hard if they gave an under contract coach an offer.

Hmmm ...potential for litigation...and the CSA walks away with some cash