Herdman new head coach

matty

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

That was my sense as well.   But we seem to have conflicting info here with what @Unnamed Trialist is saying.   Again,  i would find it odd that someone would buy a ticket in advance and wait for a refund knowing that there is chance that you might not get a full refund. or even when you will get a refund.

I guess it comes down to what is meant by "no deal for families".  All I know is that the family member I sat beside on the flight down didn't have a negative thing to say about the situation and the feedback after the fact was that the families thought the CSA went above and beyond in accommodating them.  That's my recollection.

Just now, El Hombre said:

I guess it comes down to what is meant by "no deal for families".  All I know is that the family member I sat beside on the flight down didn't have a negative thing to say about the situation and the feedback after the fact was that the families thought the CSA went above and beyond in accommodating them.  That's my recollection.

can confirm, as im reasonably close with a family of a player who was on the roster, CSA was very accommodating and covered a large majority of costs 

25 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I had a family member next to me on the flight as well.   I would never ask those things but yes, I agree, I got the same sence.

34 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

This is like Santa Claus.  You believe so hard as a kid, its magical and you'll run through walls for Santa Herdman.....then your stupid cousin explains its your Dad who buys the presents and Santa is fishing around for a job with NZ and the illusion is gone, the magical brotherhood just isnt the same.  You dont hate Santa or your Dad, but that special thing you had is just a boring old normal trip to walmart for presents. Its not the magical thing you thought it was and next time you sit on his lap at the mall you dont buy his phony HO HO HO routine anymore.  

Your analogy is somewhat complex but I think it might explain the spoiled milk and hard cookies that are always out around my place at the holidays. 

18 hours ago, Free kick said:

Again,  i would find it odd that someone would buy a ticket in advance and wait for a refund knowing that there is chance that you might not get a full refund. or even when you will get a refund.

There are plenty of fans on this board that aren't related to any of the players and considered the opportunity of going to Qatar to be an unmissable event. I'm sure family members with their son, brother, or husband playing in the World Cup thought it was unmissable as well, even if they had to pay their way. Doesn't sound odd at all to me, even if they would be miffed at not getting it paid by the CSA.

17 hours ago, El Hombre said:

That's how you and I differ: as soon as someone sits down next to me on a plane I turn to them and say "So tell me, how much do you make per annum?"

Yeah, well, back there in steerage we play a slightly different game.  Job, no-job.

No job.  No job.  Hospitality industry.  Construction grunt.  No job.  Pensioner.  Medical transfer.  Student.  Another medical transfer.  Be damned if that one isn't just a stow-away.

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

Yeah, well, back there in steerage we play a slightly different game.  Job, no-job.

No job.  No job.  Hospitality industry.  Construction grunt.  No job.  Pensioner.  Medical transfer.  Student.  Another medical transfer.  Be damned if that one isn't just a stow-away.

Yes, while wondering if those rich bastards will let us up to the boat deck!

The CSA made an initial offer for family tickets and travel, which wasn't accepted. The strike cited needing a "comprehensive friends and family package". But no such deal was formalized before traveling.

Most family and friends advanced everything, pending the CSA deal. Which was?

If a dad or brother or wife was the one designated to benefit from the CSA minimum and flew happily to Qatar, which is what some are saying they think maybe happened, it doesn't negate the fact that most, all except the minimum, fronted everything or close to everything.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The CSA made an initial offer for family tickets and travel, which wasn't accepted. The strike cited needing a "comprehensive friends and family package". But no such deal was formalized before traveling.

Most family and friends advanced everything, pending the CSA deal. Which was?

If a dad or brother or wife was the one designated to benefit from the CSA minimum and flew happily to Qatar, which is what some are saying they think maybe happened, it doesn't negate the fact that most, all except the minimum, fronted everything or close to everything.

Without a deal you’d have to think families paid their way, maybe hotels were more straightforward .  They had their own section in the Canada house and I assume enjoyed free access food and drinks.  

I just don’t understand the sort of hyperbolic responses to the mere idea.  Most people who mentioned Ancelotti weren’t marching in the streets to get Herdman ousted.  And it isn’t like people thought it was a given that we could ever attract him.  It was merely an idea, fueled in part by CA’s own comments, and in part by Herdman’s recent dalliance with NZ.  The concept on its face doesn’t appear entirely ludicrous - at least to me.  

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I just don’t understand the sort of hyperbolic responses to the mere idea.  Most people who mentioned Ancelotti weren’t marching in the streets to get Herdman ousted.  And it isn’t like people thought it was a given that we could ever attract him.  It was merely an idea, fueled in part by CA’s own comments, and in part by Herdman’s recent dalliance with NZ.  The concept on its face doesn’t appear entirely ludicrous - at least to me.  

Carlo would semi retire to Vancouver for a million a year and the CMNT. Retire in the sense of pulling back from club football.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...