Jump to content

General Discussion on CMNT


Scorpion26
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Alex said:

 Man, I thought for sure neuker, Peggy, tgaa_star, bedbugs, etc were all the same guy. 

Robert = Binky = BedBugs = T.I.O.R. = Neuker... Banned multiple times, still comes back.

TG11 = TGAA_Star = Peggy... I think was banned in his first iteration.

Edited by BuzzAndSting
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Robert = Binky = BedBugs = Neuker... Banned multiple times, still comes back.

TG11 = TGAA_Star = Peggy... I think was banned in his first iteration.

Hmmm, I missed Bedbugs, that must have been a quick turn around time between bannings.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2020 at 12:03 AM, Kyle_The_Hill said:

Are you using a burner account on a Canada soccer forum? Really? Kevin Durant would be proud.

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.59.36 PM.png

Lol, that’s not making it obvious or anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Robert = Binky = BedBugs = Neuker... Banned multiple times, still comes back.

TG11 = TGAA_Star = Peggy... I think was banned in his first iteration.

 

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Hmmm, I missed Bedbugs, that must have been a quick turn around time between bannings.  

I can't believe I've missed one! It should read;

Robert = Binky = BedBugs = T.I.O.R.= Neuker

It's actually kind of pathetic when you string it all together and consider all the ridiculous tantrums he's had. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

A blast from the past...Lyndon Hooper was on a Zoom meeting with my son's U11 soccer club today. He gave a recap of how he started playing soccer, got onto provincial teams, went pro, made it onto the CMNT, helped with World Cup qualifiers, went to Birmingham City. Really nice to hear from a former player. One of the highlights of his career was going through the tunnel and stepping out into Azteca Stadium, hearing the crowd of 100k going wild (obviously not for him!). Still involved in the game too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On May 8, 2020 at 12:54 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

 

I can't believe I've missed one! It should read;

Robert = Binky = BedBugs = T.I.O.R.= Neuker

It's actually kind of pathetic when you string it all together and consider all the ridiculous tantrums he's had. 

One of them  is in the bigsoccer forum under the name of Ofori. And  he already despairs with the repetitiveness of his comments...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

One of them  is in the bigsoccer forum under the name of Ofori. And  he already despairs with the repetitiveness of his comments...

I think that’s TGAA Star. He mentioned a while ago that he was going over there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the last time we scored directly from a free kick was a Marcel De Jong strike vs Jamaica at BMO.  In addition to our CB position, our mediocre ability on set pieces is a deficiency that must be improved  if we are going to progress to the WC. Although Hoilett and Arfield have both scored from long range for club and country, consistency is an issue. I hope someone can emerge to address this shortcoming.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the last time we scored directly from a free kick was a Marcel De Jong strike vs Jamaica at BMO.  In addition to our CB position, our mediocre ability on set pieces is a deficiency that must be improved  if we are going to progress to the WC. Although Hoilett and Arfield have both scored from long range for club and country, consistency is an issue. I hope someone can emerge to address this shortcoming.

It is probably a pipe dream, but this is a skill I wish David or Phonzie would really hone.  Davies wouldn’t get any chances to take them with Bayern unless he became an uber threat so it is probably unrealistic to ask him to put the work in, but with David playing with less superstars (currently) it almost seems like something he could work on with the possibility that he could take a few in game situations for his club.  
 

I know none of that looks at who else in their clubs takes them and who else we have in ther positions that maybe able to step up, but these guys will be with us for so long that it would be a great weapon to add to the arsenal.  And it isn’t like anyone is currently offering much for Canada in this department currently so it may not take a ridiculous ability to secure the role. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2020 at 1:54 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

 

I can't believe I've missed one! It should read;

Robert = Binky = BedBugs = T.I.O.R.= Neuker

It's actually kind of pathetic when you string it all together and consider all the ridiculous tantrums he's had. 

Well I had to update this as there was a previous error. 
 

Robert = Binky = BedBugs = T.I.O.R. = Neuker = Peggy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Preface this by saying I was never a fan of Davies at leftback. However, after watching all the Bayern games since their return changed my mind. I also think that given our current players we should be playing the same formation as Bayern.

I realize we don't have the same CBs covering for Davies mistakes that Bayern does. However with the exception of Mexico and maybe US, he also isn't facing anywhere close to Bundesliga competition so that cancels each other out. Having 2 high level holding midfielders will also help cover any mistakes and hopefully allow us to control the game.

There was a few positions that were tough to choose from. Miller and Henry could also slot in as CB. While in the front 6 Cavallini, David and Hoilett were the only locks. Depending on fitness, form, opponent, etc we could also use Hutchinson, Eustaquio, Piette, or Millar in those midfield roles. This also gives some flexibility allowing Miller to come on as lb and move Davies up to the wing. 

Surprised how well we could lineup in this formation.

LINEUP111592223397430.png

Edited by Stryker911
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Preface this by saying I was never a fan of Davies at leftback. However, after watching all the Bayern games since their return changed my mind. I also think that given our current players we should be playing the same formation as Bayern.

I realize we don't have the same CBs covering for Davies mistakes that Bayern does. However with the exception of Mexico and maybe US, he also isn't facing anywhere close to Bundesliga competition so that cancels each other out. Having 2 high level holding midfielders will also help cover any mistakes and hopefully allow us to control the game.

There was a few positions that were tough to choose from. Miller and Henry could also slot in as CB. While in the front 6 Cavallini, David and Hoilett were the only locks. Depending on fitness, form, opponent, etc we could also use Hutchinson, Eustaquio, Piette, or Millar in those midfield roles. This also gives some flexibility allowing Miller to come on as lb and move Davies up to the wing. 

Surprised how well we could lineup in this formation.

LINEUP111592223397430.png

I like this 4-2-3-1 set up but the lineup on 4-2-3-1 that I would go with 

GK- Borjan

LB- Zorhan Bassong

CB- Derek Cornelius 

CB- Steven Vitoria

RB- Juan Cordova

CDM- Scott Arfield (captain)

CDM- Samuel Piette 

LAM- Alphonso Davies (joins the attack more or less on the wings where he is most natural)

CAM- Liam Millar

RAM- Jonathan Osorio 

CF- Jonathan David (lone striker up top)

 

 

Edited by TGAA_Star
X
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Preface this by saying I was never a fan of Davies at leftback. However, after watching all the Bayern games since their return changed my mind. I also think that given our current players we should be playing the same formation as Bayern.

I realize we don't have the same CBs covering for Davies mistakes that Bayern does. However with the exception of Mexico and maybe US, he also isn't facing anywhere close to Bundesliga competition so that cancels each other out. Having 2 high level holding midfielders will also help cover any mistakes and hopefully allow us to control the game.

There was a few positions that were tough to choose from. Miller and Henry could also slot in as CB. While in the front 6 Cavallini, David and Hoilett were the only locks. Depending on fitness, form, opponent, etc we could also use Hutchinson, Eustaquio, Piette, or Millar in those midfield roles. This also gives some flexibility allowing Miller to come on as lb and move Davies up to the wing. 

Surprised how well we could lineup in this formation.

LINEUP111592223397430.png

I'm still all in on the 3-5-2.  It gets the best out of Davies and solidifies our CB which is our main weakness.  

It gives us the most balance between Offence/Defence.  I just don't see us needing Osorio when playing vs Mexico, USA or Costa Rica.  We already have 6 strong offensive weapons on the field, no need to add Osorio in there.

Throwing in Piette also gives more support to the back line while also giving Davies more freedom to venture forward.

Need to see a little more of Eustaquio's knee before commiting to him replacing Piette.

ZBG and Laryea are interchangeable at the moment.

Hoilett/Larin play the supersub if trailing at any point.

For me, its a toss up between Cornelius, Miller, Henry, Vitoria and Hutchinson at CB at the moment.  I believe Miller has the highest ceiling and will be our leading CB in a short while, but right now, no one has really stood out.  That's why I put Hutchinson in between two regular CB's to instill some calmness and composure.  We all know Henry needs that.

-------------Cavallini - David

Davies - Kaye - Piette - Arfield - Laryea

--------Miller - Hutchinson - Vitoria 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, costarg said:

I'm still all in on the 3-5-2.  It gets the best out of Davies and solidifies our CB which is our main weakness.  

It gives us the most balance between Offence/Defence.  I just don't see us needing Osorio when playing vs Mexico, USA or Costa Rica.  We already have 6 strong offensive weapons on the field, no need to add Osorio in there.

Throwing in Piette also gives more support to the back line while also giving Davies more freedom to venture forward.

Need to see a little more of Eustaquio's knee before commiting to him replacing Piette.

ZBG and Laryea are interchangeable at the moment.

Hoilett/Larin play the supersub if trailing at any point.

For me, its a toss up between Cornelius, Miller, Henry, Vitoria and Hutchinson at CB at the moment.  I believe Miller has the highest ceiling and will be our leading CB in a short while, but right now, no one has really stood out.  That's why I put Hutchinson in between two regular CB's to instill some calmness and composure.  We all know Henry needs that.

-------------Cavallini - David

Davies - Kaye - Piette - Arfield - Laryea

--------Miller - Hutchinson - Vitoria 

Not bad....not bad at all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Preface this by saying I was never a fan of Davies at leftback. However, after watching all the Bayern games since their return changed my mind. I also think that given our current players we should be playing the same formation as Bayern.

I realize we don't have the same CBs covering for Davies mistakes that Bayern does. However with the exception of Mexico and maybe US, he also isn't facing anywhere close to Bundesliga competition so that cancels each other out. Having 2 high level holding midfielders will also help cover any mistakes and hopefully allow us to control the game.

There was a few positions that were tough to choose from. Miller and Henry could also slot in as CB. While in the front 6 Cavallini, David and Hoilett were the only locks. Depending on fitness, form, opponent, etc we could also use Hutchinson, Eustaquio, Piette, or Millar in those midfield roles. This also gives some flexibility allowing Miller to come on as lb and move Davies up to the wing. 

Surprised how well we could lineup in this formation.

LINEUP111592223397430.png

Subs: crepeau, leutwiler 

zbg, Cordova, Miller, Henry, Millar, Larin, Eustáquio, Piette, adekugbe akindele 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Preface this by saying I was never a fan of Davies at leftback. However, after watching all the Bayern games since their return changed my mind. I also think that given our current players we should be playing the same formation as Bayern.

I realize we don't have the same CBs covering for Davies mistakes that Bayern does. However with the exception of Mexico and maybe US, he also isn't facing anywhere close to Bundesliga competition so that cancels each other out. Having 2 high level holding midfielders will also help cover any mistakes and hopefully allow us to control the game.

There was a few positions that were tough to choose from. Miller and Henry could also slot in as CB. While in the front 6 Cavallini, David and Hoilett were the only locks. Depending on fitness, form, opponent, etc we could also use Hutchinson, Eustaquio, Piette, or Millar in those midfield roles. This also gives some flexibility allowing Miller to come on as lb and move Davies up to the wing. 

Surprised how well we could lineup in this formation.

LINEUP111592223397430.png

If you play Davies at LB, you need a defensive minded RB. When we lost with Davies at LB, both Laryea and Godhino were there. Would have to be Brault-Guillard.

I'd start Hutchinson over Kaye to set the pace, then sub him for someone else later

Other than that, that's a good line up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...