General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

As for TFC, I dont think they would be loaning anyone who was good enough to go to Orlando.  Did guys like Dunn, Romeo, Perruza go??  They would be the kind of guys who should get a loan if CPL ever does go.   

I believe Dunn and Romeo was there, but weren't at the bench during the first match. He said he was going to call up everybody on the first squad.

Pretty sure Perruzza isn't there.

Agreed that they should be given loans. I have absolutely no idea what happened to Dunn last year. Just stopped getting called up after the start of the season with tfc2. I can't imagine it being performance reasons personally so I'm not sure why he was dropped. He desperately needs games.

4 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

CPL teams have been training for a month. So I dont get it. The Whitecaps player is with Ottawa training with them now not in Orlando with the Whitecaps. Any players who got on a flight to go to Orlando missed the chance to join a CPL team

The MLS teams have also been training that long, but they knew exactly when and where their tournament was taking place. Given that info, it makes more sense for the younger players to train at the higher level.

I guess I don't really understand singling out certain teams for scorn on this issue and praising others when all three MLS teams have already engaged in loans with the CPL (Telfer, Pantemis, Boskovic and Facchineri) and will certainly do so again in the future when everything gets back to normal. There may even be more loans this year, whenever CPL gets underway.

I'm just singling out Toronto because I watched their game yesterday and they rolled out 1 American bum after another. The only reason I watched is because they have some exciting young Canadians in the fold and I was hoping to see them play. Add to the fact they had a total collapse once they went to their bench, add to that you would think this tournament is a great way to get some young players that you may actually do some business off of in the mix, add to that you had an opportunity to loan them out to get some minutes but instead you flew them in to COVIDland just to get a tan, add to that I hate TFC anyways, add to that TFC fans still try and pass off some reality in which the Whitecaps have something against Canadian players, add to that TSN riding TFCs nuts is super annoying, add to that MLSE has more invested in American properties and institutions and have actively tried to undermine the CPL in turn trying to rob Canadians from enjoying professional football and giving Canadians and opportunity to pursue professional football in Canada. So yah, next time should do the right thing and loan out some players

Edited by SpursFlu

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm just singling out Toronto because I watched their game yesterday and they rolled out 1 American bum after another. The only reason I watched is because they have some exciting young Canadians in the fold and I was hoping to see them play. Add to the fact they had a total collapse once they went to their bench, add to that you would think this tournament is a great way to get some young players that you may actually do some business off of in the mix, add to that you had an opportunity to loan them out to get some minutes but instead you flew them in to COVIDland just to get a tan, add to that I hate TFC anyways, add to that TFC fans still try and pass off some reality in which the Whitecaps have something against Canadian players, add to that TSN riding TFCs nuts is super annoying, add to that MLSE has more invested in American properties and institutions and have actively tried to undermine the CPL in turn trying to rob Canadians from enjoying professional football and giving Canadians and opportunity to pursue professional football in Canada, add to that....

Add to that the Whitecaps are an absolute shitshow who tried to screw our best player in a generation (possibly ever) out of a deserved payday while still coming out $22 million richer. Oh wait, wrong reality...

Bringing club rivalries into this part of the forum is dumb and boring. Especially when none of the three MLS teams really stand out above one another in terms of CPL loans (your original point).

7 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm just singling out Toronto because I watched their game yesterday and they rolled out 1 American bum after another. The only reason I watched is because they have some exciting young Canadians in the fold and I was hoping to see them play. Add to the fact they had a total collapse once they went to their bench, add to that you would think this tournament is a great way to get some young players that you may actually do some business off of in the mix, add to that you had an opportunity to loan them out to get some minutes but instead you flew them in to COVIDland just to get a tan, add to that I hate TFC anyways, add to that TFC fans still try and pass off some reality in which the Whitecaps have something against Canadian players, add to that TSN riding TFCs nuts is super annoying, add to that MLSE has more invested in American properties and institutions and have actively tried to undermine the CPL in turn trying to rob Canadians from enjoying professional football and giving Canadians and opportunity to pursue professional football in Canada. So yah, next time should do the right thing and loan out some players

I consider myself a TFC fan, but sadly I find myself agreeing with much of this sentiment. 

On 7/14/2020 at 6:14 PM, Bison44 said:

I consider myself a huge TFC fan, but sadly I find myself agreeing with much of Obinna's sentiment. 

Bump.  Monday’s game prove the importance of DP’s to success in MLS... when Pozuelo and Piatti were removed the team was just a bunch of “American bums”, perhaps Bradley excluded.  Don’t get me started on Delgado...#FreeFraser.