General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

To be fair, 2-0, and a player up. Well in control of the game. Don't thinking anyone is calling for Okello and Nelson to start or Schaffelburg really, Ritchie and Fraser have more of a case but the latter wasn't going to start with Bradley back.

Given he position, one might have thought that second half would be a chance to blood some youngsters and give time to the younger players. No put aging CB's on to give them some game time. Worked out well. 

23 minutes ago, RS said:

Is there some kind of rush? CPL hasn't even announced a schedule yet and all of TFC's players are currently in Florida.

That could be the reason.  We don't even know if the CPL will have a season at all this year for sure.  I would suspect there might be some reservations in loaning players if there is no guarantee the league will play

12 hours ago, Nate3322 said:

So it looks like Jakovic will be playing a lot for LAFC what do you guys think about bringing him back into the NT setup?

Sheeit I seen him run and close down Quinterro too. 

Hey for me it’s, Are you’re performing? Yes..at what playing levels? High!.... Then you should always be in contention for the NT as long as you want to be.

Edited by Shway

14 hours ago, Nate3322 said:

So it looks like Jakovic will be playing a lot for LAFC what do you guys think about bringing him back into the NT setup?

I am supportive of the idea. He is getting minutes with a good club and is playing well by all accounts. He has experience too, what's not to like about the idea?

There could be the argument we need those minutes to go to our younger center backs because they need to develop, but in my opinion you need to win today and must bring the best players regardless of age. If the younger players earn the spot, fair enough, but the older guys shouldn't NOT get a look strictly due to age.

Edited by Obinna

16 hours ago, RS said:

Is there some kind of rush? CPL hasn't even announced a schedule yet and all of TFC's players are currently in Florida.

CPL teams have been training for a month. So I dont get it. The Whitecaps player is with Ottawa training with them now not in Orlando with the Whitecaps. Any players who got on a flight to go to Orlando missed the chance to join a CPL team

Edited by SpursFlu

Jakovic has always been a strong passer and a steady defender. I always thought he was slow but after watching him play yesterday  I'm not sure about that. With the exception of one play by Albert Elis he held his own. Very cool under pressure and fundamentally sound. Hope he keeps it up.

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

Jakovic has always been a strong passer and a steady defender. I always thought he was slow but after watching him play yesterday  I'm not sure about that. With the exception of one play by Albert Elis he held his own. Very cool under pressure and fundamentally sound. Hope he keeps it up.

This whole concept of him being slow was a fallacy that took hold when him and Vitoria got roasted in the 2017 Gold Cup by Mattocks and Romario Williams, which are two exceptionally fast players. The vast majority of players will look slow going against those two.

James was later inserted to deal with that threat, because he is somewhat faster than Jakovic and incredibly more fast than Vitoria.

This was also one of those moments where James won people over. 

However, right now I think Jakovic is the better selection. I am not concerned with his speed, especially if he is paired with Cornelius. That would also give us two composed ball playing center backs. That might be a combination to look at heading into WCQ, provided both are playing well and regularly. 

Well if we are calling an ahem "older" cb into camps that might not play but should be good for the youngsters, that should be Jakovic now instead of Edgar or Straith etc.  He is still getting starts at his age on one of the stronger MLS sides..he should be in the mix, even if you ultimately go with another pairing.  

As for TFC, I dont think they would be loaning anyone who was good enough to go to Orlando.  Did guys like Dunn, Romeo, Perruza go??  They would be the kind of guys who should get a loan if CPL ever does go.   

16 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Well if we are calling an ahem "older" cb into camps that might not play but should be good for the youngsters, that should be Jakovic now instead of Edgar or Straith etc.  He is still getting starts at his age on one of the stronger MLS sides..he should be in the mix, even if you ultimately go with another pairing.  

As for TFC, I dont think they would be loaning anyone who was good enough to go to Orlando.  Did guys like Dunn, Romeo, Perruza go??  They would be the kind of guys who should get a loan if CPL ever does go.   

Dunn was at the game. Don't know about the other 2