General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

^^^ Also Tabla, Habibullah, Nelsen, Bair, Fraser....you cant overlook that the MLS academies are helping lots of those kids become the top prospects.  Not all kids are like David and develop completely outside the CDN MLS academies and jump straight to europe.  Eventually the logjam trying to make the MLS roster for 17-20 year olds is inevitable and that might stall some kids out, but thats where CPL can step in and let kids like Campbell get the playing time they need to take it up a notch.  There is more than one way to skin a cat, but I'm glad those CDN MLS youth teams are pumping out a lot of pro players.  

I think its fine if they get minutes in MLS which is a decent league for a young player. It depends on the team though. TFC turned down a 6 figure transfer fee from Wolfsburg for Okello and I don't think he got any minutes with the first team last year. Would he have been better off playing for Wolfsburg's 2nd team and ahead in his development with the superior coaching of a Bundesliga set up?

Just now, Kadenge said:

I think its fine if they get minutes in MLS which is a decent league for a young player. It depends on the team though. TFC turned down a 6 figure transfer fee from Wolfsburg for Okello and I don't think he got any minutes with the first team last year. Would he have been better off playing for Wolfsburg's 2nd team and ahead in his development with the superior coaching of a Bundesliga set up?

Yeah, it depends on the individual players. I think TFC might have held Fraser back a bit but he's going to get his chance this year. Would Kaye, who worked his way into a prominent position at LAFC and is now being rumored to go to Europe have fallen through the cracks? Seems certain - he had trouble gaining a foothold at his current level but the system eventually plucked him out of obscurity.

MLS has visions of EPL 2.0 in their head and are throwing money around like they already are.  That isn't the best environment for turning out national team players, especially with so few clubs.  Yes, the cream of the crop like Davies will get through regardless but most players like Okello, Fraser, Shaff etc. need to be playing at the highest level they can.  You can't doubt that the MLS academies have excellent coaching and have brought players up to the level of MLS but once you make that jump sitting on the bench for 3 years doesn't do your career any good.  Remember how much people thought of Jordan Hamilton when he first cracked the TFC first team?  He only played 900 minutes over his first three seasons.  That'll stagnate or kill almost any career. 

If outgoing transfers from the CPL continue to be a regular thing I think we'll see more young Canadians go through the MLS academies but then bet on themselves getting playing time in CPL than sit on an MLS bench for a few years.  The national team will be better for it too.

51 minutes ago, Stouffvillain said:

MLS has visions of EPL 2.0 in their head and are throwing money around like they already are.  That isn't the best environment for turning out national team players, especially with so few clubs.  Yes, the cream of the crop like Davies will get through regardless but most players like Okello, Fraser, Shaff etc. need to be playing at the highest level they can.  You can't doubt that the MLS academies have excellent coaching and have brought players up to the level of MLS but once you make that jump sitting on the bench for 3 years doesn't do your career any good.  Remember how much people thought of Jordan Hamilton when he first cracked the TFC first team?  He only played 900 minutes over his first three seasons.  That'll stagnate or kill almost any career. 

If outgoing transfers from the CPL continue to be a regular thing I think we'll see more young Canadians go through the MLS academies but then bet on themselves getting playing time in CPL than sit on an MLS bench for a few years.  The national team will be better for it too.

More like Russia or Turkey 2.0 since they're signing Tier B players. 

So, what is our "best 23" #CanMNT squad if you can't call anybody listed here:

http://mcusercontent.com/78d3589fb61466b549ff752e5/files/92e7a32f-796e-42b9-af2b-f0d7166d4246/20_MOQ_Rosters_Provisional_Lists.pdf

So pretty much, David and Davies are included but all other '97s or younger can't be called.

Who do we go with vs T&T x 2?

• 2 weeks later...

I figured I would start this chart again for Canadians in MLS 2020.  The list of Canadians in MLS this year moves up to 50 players.  This includes HG youth players who have yet to play an MLS game and a few players already loaned out.  So far 20 Canadians have seen action through the first 2 games of the season.

Player Team Position GP GS MP G A
Joel Waterman Montreal Impact CB 2 2 180 0 1
Samuel Piette Montreal Impact CDM 2 2 180 0 0
Jonathan Osorio Toronto FC CM 2 2 180 0 0
Russell Teibert Vancouver Whitecaps CM 2 2 180 0 0
Lucas Cavallini Vancouver Whitecaps ST 2 2 180 0 0
Zach Brault-Guillard Montreal Impact RB 2 2 179 0 0
Tesho Akindele Orlando City ST/W 2 2 174 0 0
Dejan Jakovic Los Angeles FC CB 2 2 163 0 0
Mark Anthony Kaye Los Angeles FC CM/LB 2 2 128 0 1
Tosaint Ricketts Vancouver Whitecaps ST 2 1 99 1 0
Derek Cornelious Vancouver Whitecaps CB 1 1 90 0 0
Richie Laryea Toronto FC RB/RWB/CM 2 0 78 1 0
Jacob Shaffelburg Toronto FC LW 1 1 75 0 0
Anthony Jackson-Hamel Montreal Impact ST 1 1 58 0 0
Ryan Raposo Vancouver Whitecaps CM/W 1 0 23 0 0
Tajon Buchanan New England Revolution ST 2 0 18 0 0
Liam Fraser Toronto FC CDM 1 0 14 0 0
Shamit Shome Montreal Impact CM 2 0 7 0 0
Raheem Edwards Minnesota United LWB/LB 1 0 2 0 0
Jordan Hamilton Columbus Crew ST 0 0 0 0 0
Callum Montgomery FC Dallas (Loan) CB 0 0 0 0 0
Jay Chapman Inter Miami CF CM/CAM 0 0 0 0 0
David Norman Jr. Inter Miami CF CM 0 0 0 0 0
Mathieu Choiniere Montreal Impact CM 0 0 0 0 0
Clement Bayiha Montreal Impact RB/RWB 0 0 0 0 0
Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla Montreal Impact ST/W 0 0 0 0 0
Karifa Yao Montreal Impact CB 0 0 0 0 0
Alistair Johnston Nashville SC RB 0 0 0 0 0
Kamal Miller Orlando City CB 0 0 0 0 0
Ashtone Morgan Real Salt Lake LB 0 0 0 0 0
Ayo Akinola Toronto FC ST 0 0 0 0 0
Julian Dunn-Johnson Toronto FC CB 0 0 0 0 0
Noble Okello Toronto FC CDM 0 0 0 0 0
Rocco Romeo Toronto FC CB 0 0 0 0 0
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty Toronto FC CAM 0 0 0 0 0
Jayden Nelson Toronto FC ST/W 0 0 0 0 0
Patrick Metcalfe Vancouver Whitecaps CM 0 0 0 0 0
Theo Bair Vancouver Whitecaps ST 0 0 0 0 0
Georges Mukumbilwa Vancouver Whitecaps CM 0 0 0 0 0
Simon Colyn Vancouver Whitecaps CAM 0 0 0 0 0
Gianfranco Facchineri Vancouver Whitecaps CB 0 0 0 0 0
Michael Baldisimo Vancouver Whitecaps CDM 0 0 0 0 0
Damiano Pelice Vancouver Whitecaps CM 0 0 0 0 0
Cristian Gutierrez Vancouver Whitecaps RB 0 0 0 0 0

Player Team Position GP GS MP S GA
Maxime Crepeau Vancouver Whitecaps GK 2 2 180 2 3
Greg Ranjitsingh Minnesota United FC GK 0 0 0 0 0
Dayne St Clair Minnesota United FC (Loan) GK 0 0 0 0 0
James Pantemis Montreal Impact (Loan) GK 0 0 0 0 0
Jonathan Sirois Montreal Impact GK 0 0 0 0 0
Thomas Hasel Vancouver Whitecaps GK 0 0 0 0 0
Edited by Corazon

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

I figured I would start this chart again for Canadians in MLS 2020.  The list of Canadians in MLS this year moves up to 50 players.  This includes HG youth players who have yet to play an MLS game and a few players already loaned out.  So far 20 Canadians have seen action through the first 2 games of the season.

Player Team Position GP GS MP G A
Joel Waterman Montreal Impact CB 2 2 180 0 1
Samuel Piette Montreal Impact CDM 2 2 180 0 0
Jonathan Osorio Toronto FC CM 2 2 180 0 0
Russell Teibert Vancouver Whitecaps CM 2 2 180 0 0
Lucas Cavallini Vancouver Whitecaps ST 2 2 180 0 0
Zach Brault-Guillard Montreal Impact RB 2 2 179 0 0
Tesho Akindele Orlando City ST/W 2 2 174 0 0
Dejan Jakovic Los Angeles FC CB 2 2 163 0 0
Mark Anthony Kaye Los Angeles FC CM/LB 2 2 128 0 1
Tosaint Ricketts Vancouver Whitecaps ST 2 1 99 1 0
Derek Cornelious Vancouver Whitecaps CB 1 1 90 0 0
Richie Laryea Toronto FC RB/RWB/CM 2 0 78 0 0
Jacob Shaffelburg Toronto FC LW 1 1 75 0 0
Anthony Jackson-Hamel Montreal Impact ST 1 1 58 0 0
Ryan Raposo Vancouver Whitecaps CM/W 1 0 23 0 0
Tajon Buchanan New England Revolution ST 2 0 18 0 0
Liam Fraser Toronto FC CDM 1 0 14 0 0
Shamit Shome Montreal Impact CM 2 0 7 0 0
Raheem Edwards Minnesota United LWB/LB 1 0 2 0 0
Jordan Hamilton Columbus Crew ST 0 0 0 0 0
Callum Montgomery FC Dallas (Loan) CB 0 0 0 0 0
Jay Chapman Inter Miami CF CM/CAM 0 0 0 0 0
David Norman Jr. Inter Miami CF CM 0 0 0 0 0
Mathieu Choiniere Montreal Impact CM 0 0 0 0 0
Clement Bayiha Montreal Impact RB/RWB 0 0 0 0 0
Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla Montreal Impact ST/W 0 0 0 0 0
Karifa Yao Montreal Impact CB 0 0 0 0 0
Alistair Johnston Nashville SC RB 0 0 0 0 0
Kamal Miller Orlando City CB 0 0 0 0 0
Ashtone Morgan Real Salt Lake LB 0 0 0 0 0
Ayo Akinola Toronto FC ST 0 0 0 0 0
Julian Dunn-Johnson Toronto FC CB 0 0 0 0 0
Noble Okello Toronto FC CDM 0 0 0 0 0
Rocco Romeo Toronto FC CB 0 0 0 0 0
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty Toronto FC CAM 0 0 0 0 0
Jayden Nelson Toronto FC ST/W 0 0 0 0 0
Patrick Metcalfe Vancouver Whitecaps CM 0 0 0 0 0
Theo Bair Vancouver Whitecaps ST 0 0 0 0 0
Georges Mukumbilwa Vancouver Whitecaps CM 0 0 0 0 0
Simon Colyn Vancouver Whitecaps CAM 0 0 0 0 0
Gianfranco Facchineri Vancouver Whitecaps CB 0 0 0 0 0
Michael Baldisimo Vancouver Whitecaps CDM 0 0 0 0 0
Damiano Pelice Vancouver Whitecaps CM 0 0 0 0 0
Cristian Gutierrez Vancouver Whitecaps RB 0 0 0 0 0

Player Team Position GP GS MP S GA
Maxime Crepeau Vancouver Whitecaps GK 2 2 180 2 3
Greg Ranjitsingh Minnesota United FC GK 0 0 0 0 0
Dayne St Clair Minnesota United FC (Loan) GK 0 0 0 0 0
James Pantemis Montreal Impact (Loan) GK 0 0 0 0 0
Jonathan Sirois Montreal Impact GK 0 0 0 0 0
Thomas Hasel Vancouver Whitecaps GK 0 0 0 0 0

Richie scored in TFC's first game

59 minutes ago, El Diego said:

You could probably give him the assist on Achara's goal as well, but it is your list and of course it is your decision. Either way, an impressive start in limited minutes.

I actually wanted to give him the goal on it since it appeared to be going in anyways.

I usually stick to official MLS statistics.  Either way, very impressive in both games.

8 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Also IIRC, in his last match in charge vs El Salvador we had to resort to calling guys like Elva, Bekker, Aleman and Schweitzer. Did it not clue into him .. “hey, how about they guy in Serie A I convinced?” 

Hindsight is 20/20 but it's amazing how devastating that loss was in the context of this current WCQ ranking nightmare

As imagined, the CSA is being panned by people on Twitter because of Zombrano's comments. Which is so unfair.

Octavio is right to be pissed about how he was dismissed and if I remember correctly, he's already tweeted negative things about the CSA.

I find it hard to believe he actually got a solid confirmation about Cristante, and I find it especially hard to believe his agent was pushing his client to take up Canada at that age (as if agent's words means anything).

1 hour ago, zeelaw said:

As imagined, the CSA is being panned by people on Twitter because of Zombrano's comments. Which is so unfair.

Octavio is right to be pissed about how he was dismissed and if I remember correctly, he's already tweeted negative things about the CSA.

I find it hard to believe he actually got a solid confirmation about Cristante, and I find it especially hard to believe his agent was pushing his client to take up Canada at that age (as if agent's words means anything).

At the same time, would Zambrano go out on that ledge if all it takes is a tweet from Cristante to deny the whole thing to make him look like a liar?

25 minutes ago, costarg said:

At the same time, would Zambrano go out on that ledge if all it takes is a tweet from Cristante to deny the whole thing to make him look like a liar?

Why would Cristante talk about this? Even if it happens, I doubt that we would hear about it until he retires. 

11 hours ago, costarg said:

It's possible Zambrano actually believes he got him to commit while Cristante  doesn't feel the same way. 

I also believe Cristante can't give two shits about this tweet.