General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

21 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Just to clarify, it is still officially unconfirmed, I'm just not sure if it was posted that the game would be in Bordeaux.

Appreciate the clarification. I was gonna ask if it was still officially unofficial :)

France has actually confirmed the city, stadium and time, 3pm, for that day. But not the rival; at least they have not announced any other rival. 

It is a bit tight for us, less than 72 hours turnaround and travel, but in fact it is no different from what teams playing Champions League tonight are doing, in critical official matches. I am saying this as I wonder if that is the issue.

Our ideal scenario, as I see it, would be for France to pay us a charter out of Rotterdam after our match, to wake up Friday in Bordeaux. Then we could train in the afternoon Friday, train Saturday. Or any set up where we don't lose training, can take care of knocks and recovery after Netherlands. It is not ideal for us in terms of prep for Copa, but only I would say because of that lack of an extra day between matches, both very demanding.

As France starts late in the Euros, on June 17, and play Luxembourg as a soft warm-up before, for them it is an ideal date, they don't have to play starters vs. Luxembourg and can play us as their single serious prep match, then have over a week before the tournament.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It is not ideal for us in terms of prep for Copa, but only I would say because of that lack of an extra day between matches, both very demanding.

It is another "sexy" match up that all squad members would want to be starting in, but perhaps there might be some more player rotation for these matches?

This video is 3 years old, can't remember if it was posted before, but I enjoyed watching it just now. Craig Forrest, Jason DeVos, and Carlo Corrazin talking about the 2000 Gold Cup.

Hopefully you can click the link to watch it on YouTube even though it can't properly embed. It's 20 minutes long, first episode of a show called "CONCACAF Futbol Talks".

Last year's four QF bye teams were determined by Concacaf Ranking. The same should be true for this event, meaning Canada still gets a bye to the QF (along with MEX, USA, and PAN) as of the March 31 2024 ranking. I can't imagine CAN and MEX would schedule a friendly in a window where Canada would have to be playing GS games instead. 

If they changed this so that the final four from 23-24 get the byes instead then who knows. I'd rather we play MEX than Guyana or Suriname or someone.

Edited by Mihairokov

1 hour ago, Mihairokov said:

Last year's four QF bye teams were determined by Concacaf Ranking. The same should be true for this event, meaning Canada still gets a bye to the QF (along with MEX, USA, and PAN) as of the March 31 2024 ranking. I can't imagine CAN and MEX would schedule a friendly in a window where Canada would have to be playing GS games instead. 

If they changed this so that the final four from 23-24 get the byes instead then who knows. I'd rather we play MEX than Guyana or Suriname or someone.

Apparently we do get the bye

Edited by narduch