Scott Kennedy

10 hours ago, Floortom said:

Great opportunity for him.

if he does well at that level he’s easily in contention for our starting 11.

honestly, the guy has been playing professionally since he was 18, and has been progressing well. He should be getting call ups as it is, specially if he's been playing as a CB, this move just sort of confirms it.

Edited by LeoH037

9 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Yes it's a step up from playing teams like Admira Wacker Mödling, St. Pölten or WSG Tirol but the top 4 Austrian teams are just on another level, especially Red Bull Salzburg.

The big question is will he get regular playing time?

@Ian Kennedy how often did he play left full-back vs centre back in Austria?

Did SSV Jahn Regensburg bring him in more as a centre-back or left-back to your knowledge?

We're excited to watch Scott take his game to the next level.  Throughout his career, he has played with focus and discipline, consistently improving his skills and the speed of his game.  We do not know what Regensburg's plans are for him, but we expect he will play LCB.  At Klagenfurt Scott's main position was LCB.  However, he also played RCB (if required), midfield and, when they needed extra scoring power, he was an extra striker.  As a young player, when Scott led Calgary West to winning the Provincial Championship, his coach stated some prophetic words, he said: "Scott, it is said that one's true nature (good/bad) surfaces under intense competition.  Some crumble, some shrink back, others will compromise their integrity and values to win.  I've had the pleasure of watching you, and teaching you, and have asked you many time to compete.  To compete at a higher level, a championship level, to lead us on the field.  You never flinched, you stepped up and you delivered.  Your performance on the field was matched only by the integrity you displayed, even when things got ugly.  You are a premier athlete, not just because of your abilities, but also because of your character.  Any coach would love to have you on his/her team."  I'm confident, these words will prove true again in Regensburg.

21 minutes ago, narduch said:

I'm trying to get my 3 year old into soccer but he's more into Paw Patrol and PJ Masks.

Probably doesn't help that his season was canceled 

We were lucky.  I am coaching my son’s U13 team (2nd place!) and we managed to get in a whole season and are now planning a small playoffs.  A few rule adjustments to minimize risk (kick ins not throw ins, etc) but other than that it was good.  So far over the course of the summer my 2 kids have been in multiple basketball camps, beach volleyball and soccer.  Glad we were able to get back to something like normal.  

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

We were lucky.  I am coaching my son’s U13 team (2nd place!) and we managed to get in a whole season and are now planning a small playoffs.  A few rule adjustments to minimize risk (kick ins not throw ins, etc) but other than that it was good.  So far over the course of the summer my 2 kids have been in multiple basketball camps, beach volleyball and soccer.  Glad we were able to get back to something like normal.  

I'm jealous. T-ball was also canceled 

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

My son is actually getting some traction on YT making Minecraft vids.   His handle is Elytrex.  Up to 387 subs and has a vid with 30,000+ views.  Crazy.  

“Smash that Like button”. 

Watch it Nam, dont put yourself out there, now some know it all Minecrafter will want to critic your kids crafting skills now.  Its a mean old world...

8 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Watch it Nam, dont put yourself out there, now some know it all Minecrafter will want to critic your kids crafting skills now.  Its a mean old world...

His vids are already open for comments so we have been YT desensitized for a bit now.  Mostly positive but I am sure he knows how to deal with the trolls.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

His vids are already open for comments so we have been YT desensitized for a bit now.  Mostly positive but I am sure he knows how to deal with the trolls.  

Does he provide lessons?  Asking for a friend...

6 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

My son is actually getting some traction on YT making Minecraft vids.   His handle is Elytrex.  Up to 387 subs and has a vid with 30,000+ views.  Crazy.  

“Smash that Like button”. 

I've got a video with 22 million views, I'm the biggest celebrity here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 2:56 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Here's a pretty comprehensive article (with some color commentary).

https://www.idowa.de/inhalt.ssv-jahn-regensburg-humor-und-harte-arbeit-scott-kennedy-lebt-seinen-traum.9251335f-09de-4f26-8fc9-e52ce7f3eea5.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Made the bench today in a 2-2 draw. Don't know much about the team so did a bit of research looks like they have 4 or 5 current options at CB. Today the 2 CBs were Elvedi and Nachreiner. Nachreiner has been at the club for the past decade, is 31, and was the captain today.

Elvedi compares pretty similarly to Kennedy. He is 24 (Kennedy 23), 6'1" (Kennedy 6'3"), signed on a free (paid 150k for Kennedy), from the 5th place team in Swiss 2nd Division (Kennedy 2nd place team in Austria 2nd tier).

The only other CB I could find is Marcus Palionis, who's a 33 year old Lithuanian international and came on today as a late sub.

There is a couple other players that are listed as CBs on some sites but DM on others.

It would seem that Kennedy would have a decent shot at getting some playing time this year. Again, without knowing much about the team either competing with Elvedi or possibly the team wants he and Elvedi to partner together and can both be stalwarts for the next few years. 

If he does end up playing that pretty well puts him in contention for a starting spot on the national team.

Edited by Stryker911