Scott Kennedy

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@Ian Kennedy :

1) Biggest game of Scott's career so far?

2) Has anybody from Canada Soccer actually spoken to him yet ? (please say yes!)

---

The draw for the next round will be on Sunday, February 7th, and the match on March 2nd or 3rd. 

In the last 8, there are 5 Bundesliga teams, one other 2. Bundesliga team (Holstein, the team that knocked out Bayern Munich) and one 4th tier team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020–21_DFB-Pokal

I think Scott may be the only Canadian to ever score in the DFB Pokal?  (I checked, Alphonso has never scored).  Yes, there has been contact.  Exciting day!  When we spoke with Scott on the weekend, he was very focused/committed on taking his game to the next level.  Good timing!  This is the 1st time Jahn has ever made it to the 1/4 finals of the Pokal.  

On 12/29/2019 at 4:18 PM, Shway said:

This is completely embarrassing if true.... 

Not heard from the CSA at all? Not even for U23? Nothing???? 

There's absolutely no excuse for the CSA to keep the littlest in touch with all Canucks abroad. 

Well, 13 months later...

1 hour ago, Ian Kennedy said:

Yes, there has been contact.

Glad to get confirmation that the CSA has been in touch with him, thanks for sharing that Ian. I'm sure @Shway won't be the only one relieved to hear that. 

If the CONCACAF OQ tournament goes ahead, and Jahn allow him to go, he would be a shoe-in for our U24 Olympic Qualifying squad I'd suspect. Certainly on the new 50-man provisional roster.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 minute ago, Shway said:

@Olympique_de_MarseilleHe confirmed that awhile ago my brother. It was for the “NoVeMbeR CaMp”  where Ian said sit tight news coming ...I believe.

If so, my bad; I missed that post. Either way, glad Scott is doing well and that his play is turning heads, not just from us fans but the CSA too.

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

If so, my bad; I missed that post. Either way, glad Scott is doing well and that his play is turning heads, not just from us fans but the CSA too.

I get it, you can never be too certain. Exciting times!!

1 hour ago, Ian Kennedy said:

I think Scott may be the only Canadian to ever score in the DFB Pokal?  (I checked, Alphonso has never scored).  Yes, there has been contact.  Exciting day!  When we spoke with Scott on the weekend, he was very focused/committed on taking his game to the next level.  Good timing!  This is the 1st time Jahn has ever made it to the 1/4 finals of the Pokal.  

He’s the 6th at least. Wassey, Stalteri, Occean, Edwini Bonsu and Friend have all scored. That’s all I found so far though. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

9 hours ago, narduch said:

Surely Rob Friend has scored in the Cup?

Edit: According to Transfermarket Friend did indeed score in the Cup.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/rob-friend/profil/spieler/37176

Still an amazing feat for Scott.

Just checked for McKenna--he didn't. 

Also looked at Nsaliwa--nope.

Thought maybe Kianz Froese had in the Saarbrucken cup run last year, but he did not. He is, however, playing and scoring in B3 this season, scored last week.

46 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

More complete highlights here:

How is that 3rd Koln goal offside? The ball is played into the box at which point a Koln player is off at the corner flag, Kennedy clears the ball wide and the player who was offside comes back and collects the ball...

I could understand if the ball was played toward that offside player initially but that wasn't the case. The offside player was actually at a disadvantage in being offside as he had to travel a longer distance to recover the clearance. 

6 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

How is that 3rd Koln goal offside? The ball is played into the box at which point a Koln player is off at the corner flag, Kennedy clears the ball wide and the player who was offside comes back and collects the ball...

I could understand if the ball was played toward that offside player initially but that wasn't the case. The offside player was actually at a disadvantage in being offside as he had to travel a longer distance to recover the clearance. 

I'm not sure. Was the clearing of the ball considered a "save"?

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

Scott wasn't sure what happened with that "offside" goal either: "I don't know exactly what happened," Kennedy admitted after the final whistle on "Sky", "to be honest, I thought it was a goal. We were ready to fight our way back two goals."

https://www.kicker.de/wirbel-um-koelns-aberkannten-treffer-dachte-es-war-ein-tor-796499/artikel

In that article it says the ref classified Kennedy's touch as not creating a new game situation and as a "Torabwehrreaktion" which is German for either "defense reaction" or "save" I think(?).

Same thing in this article:

https://www.ksta.de/sport/1-fc-koeln/aberkanntes-tor-gisdol-irritiert-ueber-var-entscheidung---fc-bangt-um-einsatz-von-wolf-38016460

The ref saw the action as a block/save whereas the whole 1. FC Köln bench and their coach Markus Gisdol (obviously) say that it was a deliberate clearance by Kennedy and therefore there shouldn't have been any offside ruling.

7 minutes ago, One American said:

Oh, come now. There's at least one more Canadian who scored in the Pokal. And deep down, you know who it is. 

Come on. Say it. 

For that level of trolling, I think this is the better opportunity to bring out @Ansem 's Exorcist GIF.

possessed the exorcist GIF

Begone! That other man from Calgary shall not be spoken of!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

11 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Sadly not sure if this is referring to De Guzman or Hargreaves...

Are people ever going to let go of those two? Seems silly to get that irritated over them after all these years, especially when we have Davies and David now.

Guys, you do not need to like Hargreaves or JDG2 or anything, but try a little harder not to get triggered into responding. 

Or if you want to hold on to your hatred of them for the rest of your life, you can do that too I guess.

19 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Are people ever going to let go of those two? Seems silly to get that irritated over them after all these years, especially when we have Davies and David now.

Guys, you do not need to like Hargreaves or JDG2 or anything, but try a little harder not to get triggered into responding. 

Or if you want to hold on to your hatred of them for the rest of your life, you can do that too I guess.

I feel like there reaction is less about the mention of the players and more about the obvious troll attempt he is making. Getting pretty tiresome tbh.