Scott Kennedy

I've got no issue with a player in the Austrian BL2 not being called for the full national team. However, I'd be upset if there wasn't constant monitoring and periodic contact between the player and the national coaches. If he achieves promotion this season, and can thrive in the 1st division next season, that'll change everything. Wishing the young guy the best of luck for the promotion push.

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

In terms of players and budget, CPL, I would think, could be better than the Austrian 3rd tier (with it's 48 teams in regions) but the 2nd tier is above CPL. If he gets promoted, that would be something amazing.

Just compared Forge salary vs Klagenfurt salary on transfermarket and Klagenfurt has $5.2 millions to Forge’s $2.64 million. Even if that’s not 100% accurate, it’s obviously accurate enough to say Klagenfurt has a larger budget. Kennedy’s $275,000 value would be 2nd highest on Forge, behind only Bekker by the way.

Based on club rankings https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/mls/ (I know, a very subjective thing) the teams in relegation position in the Austrian BL1 are ranked slightly above the bottom 3 teams of MLS.  Based on that, I think you could have a credible argument about the relative position of the top of the Austrian BL2 and the bottom of MLS. 

To claim it is below CPL seems pretty far-fetched.

Perhaps you guys are right and CPL is lower than Austrian Bundesliga 2. If so, that really should stop the discussions about any players in the CPL repping for the national team. And the argument that we have a lot of depth as clearly we don’t as if the CPL is comparable to the 3rd division of a middle ranking European country that rarely qualifies for the World Cup or Euros, we really aren’t very good. I highly doubt even a pretty mediocre side like Austria would reach into their third tier to have players on their national team. 

14 hours ago, An Observer said:

I don’t think he is being ignored. He is just playing second division in a small European country that doesn’t have a recent history as a strong footballing nation.  I wouldn’t expect that his current level is any better than CPL and possibly could be lower.  If his side gets promoted and he does well, he will definitely get a look but even still he would only be playing at a level somewhere between CPL and MLS.  

I dunno man, 2nd division in Austria or any smaller Euro nation is probably way ahead of where CPL is now.  We're just not as developed, YET.  CPL will help change this, but it will take time.

• 3 weeks later...

6 hours ago, Nate3322 said:

Scott Kennedy is not on the bench or in the starting lineup today for Klagenfurt. Maybe he is being rested for Klagenfurts game on Saturday.

Kennedy played a full game during the previous 2 matches:

https://www.2liga.at/2liga/spielbericht/bl2/20192020/25/7-52386/matchcenter/

https://www.2liga.at/2liga/spielbericht/bl2/20192020/26/3-52390/matchcenter/

Wasn't in the squad (not even the bench) for today's match (not sure why):

https://www.2liga.at/2liga/spielbericht/bl2/20192020/27/7-52590/matchcenter/

SK Austria Klagenfurt are 3 points ahead of SV Guntamatic Ried with 3 games to play. One of the most interesting races a Canadian player is currently involved in. Promotion would be huge for him and his career.

50 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Kennedy played a full game during the previous 2 matches:

https://www.2liga.at/2liga/spielbericht/bl2/20192020/25/7-52386/matchcenter/

https://www.2liga.at/2liga/spielbericht/bl2/20192020/26/3-52390/matchcenter/

Wasn't in the squad (not even the bench) for today's match (not sure why):

https://www.2liga.at/2liga/spielbericht/bl2/20192020/27/7-52590/matchcenter/

SK Austria Klagenfurt are 3 points ahead of SV Guntamatic Ried with 3 games to play. One of the most interesting races a Canadian player is currently involved in. Promotion would be huge for him and his career.

I have family in Austria that pass me info on Klagenfurt and Kennedy and supposedly he is not injured and the coach is just giving Kennedy a rest in anticipation of the final run of games. I agree that if Klagenfurt get promoted (and they are in the pole position to go up) it would be huge for him playing at that level and huge for our NT if we had a CB playing in the O-Bundesliga. 

Edited by Nate3322

https://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussball/2--liga/news/austria-klagenfurt--machtwort-in-sachen-trainer/

Article claims that :
1) That Scott Kennedy has a German passport too!
2) That he has extended his contract with Klagenfurt by two years
3) Had an offer from a 2. Bundesliga club in Germany.

(I used Google Translate, please correct me here if I've misunderstood)

Klagenfurt better get promoted because while turning down a German 2. Bundesliga club to play in the Austrian Football Bundesliga is logical, turning down a German 2. Bundesliga club to play in the Austrian 2. Liga would seem to be madness. Anybody know the details?

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

https://www.laola1.at/de/red/fussball/2--liga/news/austria-klagenfurt--machtwort-in-sachen-trainer/

Article claims that :
1) That Scott Kennedy has a German passport too!
2) That he has extended his contract with Klagenfurt by two years
3) Had an offer from a 2. Bundesliga club in Germany.

(I used Google Translate, please correct me here if I've misunderstood)

Klagenfurt better get promoted because while turning down a German 2. Bundesliga club to play in the Austrian Football Bundesliga is logical, turning down a German 2. Bundesliga club to play in the Austrian 2. Liga would seem to be madness. Anybody know the details?

From based on what I've been told it was Bavarian 2 Bundesliga team that was interested in him. So that narrows it down to the Würzburger Kickers, Nürnberg, Jahn Regensburg and Greuther Fürth. Considering he played for Traunstein and Amberg both of which are based in Bavaria, it makes sense that a Bavarian club might have been tracking his progress.  I'd assume he decided to stay with Klagenfurt cause they offer more playing time. Either way it's really awesome to have a promising CB coming up.

Edited by Nate3322

47 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

So that narrows it down to the Würzburger Kickers...

Hmmm...this offer must have been recent if you include the Würzburger Kickers, since they just got promoted from 3.Liga (but not FC Ingolstadt, since they lost the playoff to get into 2. Bundesliga ;)  )

Any news about injury? Will we see him play the last two games of the season?

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Hmmm...this offer must have been recent if you include the Würzburger Kickers, since they just got promoted from 3.Liga (but not FC Ingolstadt, since they lost the playoff to get into 2. Bundesliga ;)  )

Well I doubt that Würzburg are the team interested in him cause they just came up from the 3 Liga and I doubt they have the money but  technically they are a Bavarian 2 Bundesliga team so I included them in the list of teams. My cousin says it's a hamstring problem but I haven't seen any other sources supporting that.

Edited by Nate3322

10 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Well I figured if I were an agent/player, and I got an offer from a promoted side ... I'd sell it to my club as being from a 2.liga team!

As @Strait Red @Unnamed Trialist were saying in the other thread, crazy game for Austria Klagenfurt today. Scott played the full match (a loss) which included:

-A missed penalty by Klagenfurt
-A penalty conceaded
-8 players getting single yellow cards (including Scott)
-2 players getting double yellow (red) cards

Their rivals for promotion SV Guntamatic Ried won their match today (also a bit of a crazy game).

Going into the last match of the season on Friday, July 31st, both teams will be on 61 points.
SV Guntamatic Ried are +25 goal differential wheras Austria Klagenfurt are behind at +24 goal differential.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

As @Strait Red @Unnamed Trialist were saying in the other thread, crazy game for Austria Klagenfurt today. Scott played the full match which included:

-A missed penalty by Klagenfurt
-A penalty conceaded
-8 players getting single yellow cards (including Scott)
-2 players getting double yellow (red) cards

Their rivals for promotion SV Guntamatic Ried also won their match (also a bit of a crazy game).

Going into the last match of the season on Friday, July 31st, both teams will be on 61 points.
SV Guntamatic Ried are +25 goal differential wheras Austria Klagenfurt are behind at +24 goal differential.

Assuming 2nd tiebreaker is GF, they will need to finish ahead in GD because they are 5 goals behind on goals for.

29 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Assuming 2nd tiebreaker is GF, they will need to finish ahead in GD because they are 5 goals behind on goals for.

I'm actually not sure what the 2nd tiebreaker is; if it's GF they will be behind. If it's head-to-head then Klagenfurt are ahead 4-2.

Friday's match will be something I'm sure.

These are the tie breakers according to wiki; I have no idea what less matches awarded against is though. 

1) Points; 2) Less matches awarded against; 3) Goal difference; 4) Goals scored; 5) Matches won; 6) Away matches won; 7) Head-to-head points; Head-to-head goal difference; 9) Head-to-head goals scored.

Edited by SkuseisLoose

1 hour ago, SkuseisLoose said:

These are the tie breakers according to wiki; I have no idea what less matches awarded against is though. 

1) Points; 2) Less matches awarded against; 3) Goal difference; 4) Goals scored; 5) Matches won; 6) Away matches won; 7) Head-to-head points; Head-to-head goal difference; 9) Head-to-head goals scored.

What in the world is “less matches awarded against”