Scott Kennedy

Highlights from the game today. Kennedy looks like he was in fact playing at LB and he wasn't at fault for the final goal that Paderborn scored. Elvedi didn't look good at CB today and the final two goals were caused by his poor defending imo. Maybe Kennedy can get the start for Regensburg next weekend after Elvedi's poor performance today.

Edited by Nate3322

We are able to watch the games through "Jahn TV."  It was a bit of ordeal to get registered, but with some online help from the Jahn administration (and $100 cdn), we have access.  So, how did he look?  I'm biased, so bear with me.  He looked very comfortable.  He made a difference with a couple of great passes, runs up the left side, and crosses into the middle.  He defended well (nothing got by him).  Lastly, he has the ability to "throw-in" the ball from the sideline into the penalty box and this helped create a couple of late game scoring chances.  I expect the Coach may try to create some "set plays" to take advantage of this.  All in all, a strong (albeit short), confident debut.

16 minutes ago, Ian Kennedy said:

We are able to watch the games through "Jahn TV."  It was a bit of ordeal to get registered, but with some online help from the Jahn administration (and $100 cdn), we have access.  So, how did he look?  I'm biased, so bear with me.  He looked very comfortable.  He made a difference with a couple of great passes, runs up the left side, and crosses into the middle.  He defended well (nothing got by him).  Lastly, he has the ability to "throw-in" the ball from the sideline into the penalty box and this helped create a couple of late game scoring chances.  I expect the Coach may try to create some "set plays" to take advantage of this.  All in all, a strong (albeit short), confident debut.

Do you know...is he as happy playing LB as he would be at CB?

The short response is he's just happy to be playing.  The longer answer is that as much as he's very good at CB, I suspect the Jahn coaching staff want to take advantage of his speed.  You may have seen a earlier post where I shared that he was "clocked" at 35.5 kmh in training at Jahn.  I don't know how accurate the equipment is that they use to capture this data, but if it's accurate, that puts him in the top 10 fastest professional soccer players in the world (as reported by the Daily Mail and Sport Bible - see below).  This speed, and a natural left foot, probably make him more valuable as LB.

1. Kylian Mbappe - 36km/h, 2. Inaki Williams - 35.7km/h, 3. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 35.5km/h

4. Karim Bellarabi - 35.27km/h' 5. Kyle Walker - 35.21km/h, 6. Leroy Sane - 35.04km/h

7. Mohamed Salah - 35km/h, 8. Kingsley Coman - 35km/h, 9. Alvaro Odriozola - 34.99km/h

10. Nacho Fernandez - 34.62km/h

3 minutes ago, Ian Kennedy said:

The short response is he's just happy to be playing.  The longer answer is that as much as he's very good at CB, I suspect the Jahn coaching staff want to take advantage of his speed.  You may have seen a earlier post where I shared that he was "clocked" at 35.5 kmh in training at Jahn.  I don't know how accurate the equipment is that they use to capture this data, but if it's accurate, that puts him in the top 10 fastest professional soccer players in the world (as reported by the Daily Mail and Sport Bible - see below).  This speed, and a natural left foot, probably make him more valuable as LB.

1. Kylian Mbappe - 36km/h, 2. Inaki Williams - 35.7km/h, 3. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 35.5km/h

4. Karim Bellarabi - 35.27km/h' 5. Kyle Walker - 35.21km/h, 6. Leroy Sane - 35.04km/h

7. Mohamed Salah - 35km/h, 8. Kingsley Coman - 35km/h, 9. Alvaro Odriozola - 34.99km/h

Thanks so much for keeping us posted. Do you have any idea of how he's getting along with the manager?

1 hour ago, Ian Kennedy said:

But what we really want to know is where he got that speed from, mom or dad?

Seriously, I watched a few matches last season and as a CB you never really could gauge his speed, so that is quite the surprise. All the best for him.

• 3 weeks later...

When he is finally given a start at (left side Centre Back - they moved the other CB Jan Elvedi into midfield?) he gets injured.

Poor Scott, he just seems to have the worst injury luck. :( 

I think Doneil and Scott should exchange notes, poor lads.

1 hour ago, Nate3322 said:

Germany 2 bundesliga

Scott Kennedy starts for Regensburg at CB as they face Greuther Fürth. He came off in the 59th minute.

So he was visibly in pain but managed to walk off on his own. I guess the club or @Ian Kennedy will tell us how bad it is.

Their usual starting right side Centre Back, Sebastian Nachreiner, is on 4 yellows, so hopefully he doesn't get his 5th yellow until Scott has recovered (in the 2. Bundesliga, if you get 5 yellows in 5 separate games you are suspended from the next) , so that Scott can get right back into the lineup upon recovery.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

When he is finally given a start at (left side Centre Back - they moved the other CB Jan Elvedi into midfield?) he gets injured.

Poor Scott, he just seems to have the worst injury luck. :( 

I think Doneil and Scott should exchange notes, poor lads.

So he was visibly in pain but managed to walk off on his own. I guess the club or @Ian Kennedy will tell us how bad it is.

Their usual starting right side Centre Back, Sebastian Nachreiner, is on 4 yellows, so hopefully he doesn't get his 5th yellow until Scott has recovered (in the 2. Bundesliga, if you get 5 yellows in 5 separate games you are suspended from the next) , so that Scott can get right back into the lineup upon recovery.

Jahn hasn't yet posted the game highlights or the game, so I don't have much to add.  Scott did send me a note.  He was disappointed to leave the game but he said he'll be fine ... nothing serious.  Nice to see him in the starting line up!

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, bfque8 said:

• update: Scott is on after 68'.
  • FT: Scott sees the final 22' in a 2-0 win for Jahn away at Aue.

As stated by @bfque8 , he did play the last 24 minutes or so of the match.

Did anybody watch the game?

BTW, there are now 3 Jahn Regensburg players on 4 yellow cards (5 cards and you miss the next match):

https://www.bundesliga.com/de/2bundesliga/statistiken/spieler/gelbe-karten

So Kennedy did play about 24 minutes at the end of today's match.

Just to follow up on the posts by @Nate3322 , @Stryker911 & @archer21 , BOTH Sebastian Nachreiner (CB) & Erik Wekesser (who is often listed as a LB) got cards today and now both are on 5 yellows. They should therefore be suspended for the next match.

With two defenders out, basically you would think Scott has to start on Tuesday.

I also assume they would give him the start vs 3. Bundesliga side SV Wehen Wiesbaden in the DFB-Pokal later this month.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Dominant performance today, definitely made case for himself starting ahead of Nachreiner. I really liked what I saw he won all 4 aerial battles, also won all 4 tackles and he made 2 or 3 good clearances. Hell he even had a good dribble and cross which allowed a teammate to get a scoring chance. Who scored rated him 8.3 making him the best player on the field for either teams.

Also thanks @Shway for posting the link to the game, instead of studying for my exam tomorrow I watched the game.

Edited by Nate3322

14 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Played the full 90 at CB in a 0-0 draw. Both whoscored (8..3, next highest 7.7) and sofascore (7.7, next highest 7.4) gave him the highest rating of any player today.

and almost completed the trifecta with Fotmob - at an 8.0, he just marginally misses out with his teammate Alexander Meyer (the goalkeeper) on an 8.1.

Nice! The fact that he’s good in the air and is apparently fast could end up solving a lot of our problems. I feel scared having Vitoria or other slow CBs there because we give up so many counter attacks. 

I just hope Scott stays healthy, seems like he gets hurt a lot. 

1 hour ago, Bdog said:

I just hope Scott stays healthy, seems like he gets hurt a lot. 

As long has Scott and Doneil take it in turns and don't get themselves injured at the same time. ;)

2 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

He could easily emerge as a top 2/3 option at CB within a month 😁

Haha. It's one match. Let's hope he follows it up with another start either on Friday or @ Wiesbaden on Wednesday next week.