Scott Kennedy

Well we have a camp/nations league game in March (in fifa window)... the next FIfa window is right before the Gold cup which starts in mid June.  We will barely get a look at the guys who are starters let alone trying new guys out.  Unless there is a sudden change in heart and we have some more camps etc I wouldnt expect to be seeing many new faces. Should be looking a brand new roster for camp poutine right now.  With everyones pet peeve called in for a Herdman meets "new faces" camp in Jan.  Ughh, I sound like a broken record.   

1 hour ago, Norrin Radd said:

Manjrekar James is not playing at a much higher level either. Kennedy should definitely get a look before the Gold Cup.

Stanese, Straith and Hainault play at a higher level as both James and Kennedy. It doesn't say anything, I'm all for a look a Kennedy but he could be way out of his league when it comes to the MNT. 

10 hours ago, shamrock said:

Stanese, Straith and Hainault play at a higher level as both James and Kennedy. It doesn't say anything, I'm all for a look a Kennedy but he could be way out of his league when it comes to the MNT. 

The only way to find out is to hold training camps and friendlies.  I think this is where Canada loses talent as well.  Due to lack of friendlies and training camps, players like this may never get a look with the NT.

10 hours ago, shamrock said:

Austrian B2 is probably at or below USL level.  I’d also include Kapor, Thomas, Ouimette, Attakora etc. as guys probably ahead of him (though obviously Kennedy is much younger).  He should be a call to the u23 team and take it from there - just like MAK, Cordova etc.

I mean we should have a u23 camp this year considering qualifying is in the fall.. but it seems the CSA has cut funding across the board for all men’s teams.  Once again we will have a team with the talent to qualify probably bomb out with a team of MLS/CPL favourites.

Edited by Keegan

40 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

By the time the gold cup rolls around, Montgomery, Comsia and Kamal Miller will probably all be on MLS/USL rosters and could have pushed themselves into the mix.  

Would also add TMG, same age as Miller and Montgomery and has a full season under his belt.

Many of the players mentioned have hit their ceilings. I doubt they're going to progress any further. Had hopes for Stanese a few years ago but I was under the impression that he is now a midfielder.

Hopefully between Kennedy, Meilleur-Giguère and the NCAA players at least one can establish himself above the USL level by next year.

3 hours ago, Norrin Radd said:

Many of the players mentioned have hit their ceilings. I doubt they're going to progress any further. Had hopes for Stanese a few years ago but I was under the impression that he is now a midfielder.

Hopefully between Kennedy, Meilleur-Giguère and the NCAA players at least one can establish himself above the USL level by next year.

I'd be delighted if we could have 1 sustainable option by next summer. 

On 1/6/2019 at 9:44 PM, Bison44 said:

Well we have a camp/nations league game in March (in fifa window)... the next FIfa window is right before the Gold cup which starts in mid June. We will barely get a look at the guys who are starters let alone trying new guys out.  

Have we confirmed Herdman is interested in participating in the Gold Cup? 

• 1 month later...

SK Austria Klagenfurt had a test match earlier today against SK Sturm Graz, a 1st level Austrian Bundesliga team.  Sturm Graz are currently in 4th place in the 1st league.  Klagenfurt lost 2:1.  Scott scored the only goal for Klagenfurt and played 90 minutes.  The game can be watched on You tube.  Easy access through the Sturm Graz Facebook page.

• 2 months later...

An interesting development just came across my Austrian football feed: Austria Klagenfurt have been denied an operating license by the Austrian football league for the 2019-2020 season.  If this does not get overturned, I believe they will have to drop down to the state league for Carinthia, if they still continue to exist.  I hope my German is good enough that I haven't misunderstood anything:

https://www.oefbl.at/oefbl/redaktionsbaum/news/urteil-senat-5-20190412/

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

An interesting development just came across my Austrian football feed: Austria Klagenfurt have been denied an operating license by the Austrian football league for the 2019-2020 season.  If this does not get overturned, I believe they will have to drop down to the state league for Carinthia, if they still continue to exist.  I hope my German is good enough that I haven't misunderstood anything:

https://www.oefbl.at/oefbl/redaktionsbaum/news/urteil-senat-5-20190412/

You are correct but according to the club this will be remedied. Apparently the club management has to present their criminal record from the police. Their Vice-President is new and is either German or lived in Germany and could not get the records in time for the application from the German police. They have until the 23rd to submit them and the club is confident he will have a copy of his criminal record by then. 

https://www.skaustriaklagenfurt.at/news/formales-problem-loesbar-475

• 1 month later...

Scott had a great season.  He had more playing time than any other player and scored three (3) goals.  Transfermarkt now places his market value at $250 euro.  Klagenfurt has extended his contract for two more years.  We look forward to seeing his development in the upcoming season.  Here's his progression and minutes played in the last 4 seasons (games played, goals scored, yellow cards, red cards and minutes played).

Competition              
Total : 101 10 - 5 - 1 8.772'
Landesliga Bayern Südost LL Bayern-S/O 31 2 - 2 - - 2.729'
2. Liga 2. Liga 29 3 - 1 - - 2.550'
Regionalliga West RL West 24 4 - 1 - - 2.077'
Bayernliga Nord Bayernliga Nord 11 1 - 1 - 1 821'
ÖFB-Cup ÖFB-Cup 4 - - - - - 420'
Bayerischer Toto-Pokal Bayerischer Toto-Pokal 2 - - - - - 175'

• 1 month later...

He looks like he’s a big lad with decent pace. He also appears to be tough for an attacker to beat in the air and on the dribble. Hopefully Scott continues to learn and grow as a player. Best of luck to him for the upcoming season!

He is born after Jan 1, 1997 so he is eligible for our U23 team.

A call up is exactly what is required here, it would be a perfect opportunity for Kennedy to get his foot in the door with the CMNT.  I don't think he will get too many other chances given the team has been together for a while, we have important official games coming up and no friendlies to test new players.

Not sure if his club would be keen on losing him outside a FIFA window though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spoke with Scott this morning.  What was thought to be a hamstring injury was misdiagnosed.  After further review of his MRI it has been determined that the injury is Osteitis Pubis (basically a repetitive movement injury causing inflamation).  This is the same injury Messi has been dealing with.  A leading practitioner in treating this symptom lives near Salzburg and Scott has seen him previously.  Scott continues to be focused and disciplined about recovering.  He has been fulfilling his "competition" need by honing his ping pong skills.  He went 11 for 11 against his teammates yesterday before training.

• 1 month later...

I spoke to Scott this morning.  His physical therapy and treatments (while taking longer than expected) have been successful and he's feeling strong again.  He will be back into regular training next week.  We expect to see him back on the pitch with the team, in a game situation, before the December break.  Despite missing him at CB, SK Austria Klagenfurt is performing well this season and they continue to hold onto 1st place.  We're looking forward to seeing Scott on the field helping to generate winning plays, stopping the opposing offence and scoring goals.