Scott Kennedy

11 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

23 year old CB getting good playing time in a competitive 2. Bundesliga club? Oh man, I like it.

Quite the climb for Scott. Played at some pretty low levels in Germany/Austria but the hard work looks to be paying off. Have never seen him play to be honest, but if he’s as fast as they say at his size, he could be a great player for us in the future.

On 12/15/2020 at 12:36 PM, bfque8 said:

and almost completed the trifecta with Fotmob - at an 8.0, he just marginally misses out with his teammate Alexander Meyer (the goalkeeper) on an 8.1.

I double checked Whoscored, Sofascore and Fotmob tonight.  All list Scott as Player of the Match (the algorithms must keep evaluating?).  It was a big day for Scott.  Excited to see what he's able to do on Friday.

5 hours ago, Ian Kennedy said:

I double checked Whoscored, Sofascore and Fotmob tonight.  All list Scott as Player of the Match (the algorithms must keep evaluating?).  It was a big day for Scott.  Excited to see what he's able to do on Friday.

That it seems to be - I've could've sworn he was on an 8.0 post-match, so he must've been bumped up by them after they saw the ratings from Whoscored/Sofascore... either that, or they were still adjusting when I checked (as you suggested).

In any case, that's my bad. Still very excited for Scott on Friday, nonetheless.

Edited by bfque8

On 12/15/2020 at 4:53 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

As long has Scott and Doneil take it in turns and don't get themselves injured at the same time. ;)

Haha. It's one match. Let's hope he follows it up with another start either on Friday or @ Wiesbaden on Wednesday next week.

Since Scott didn't play on Friday, I thought it certain that he would get the start today, but it seems that is not the case 

https://twitter.com/SSVJAHN/status/1341823672550629376

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Since Scott didn't play on Friday, I thought it certain that he would get the start today, but it seems that is not the case 

https://twitter.com/SSVJAHN/status/1341823672550629376

welp, Scott's in for the final 19' of extras with the game at a 0-0 draw after 101 minutes on the clock.

Edited by bfque8

3 minutes ago, bfque8 said:

4-2 on penalties - with no need for Scott to take! the RO16 draw is scheduled to take place on Jan 3rd.

The matches for the next round, of 16, are to be played in early February. I see 4 teams not from B1 in there, and one, Rot Weiss Essen, I think is in fourth tier. So very likely Jahn Regensberg will draw a top flight team.

A few games have to be played still in the new year, including Bayern Munich's match vs. B2 leader Holstein Kiel, on 13 January.

• 2 weeks later...

A few things:

4 hours ago, bfque8 said:

78': Scott is in...saw out the final 12' of a 3-1 loss to HSV.

@bfque8 I guess you don't count stoppage time?, Kennedy played at least 15 minutes. Just to be clear this isn't a criticism but a question; you do great work tracking everybody btw! Really helpful. :)

Also, Albion Vrenezi got his 5th yellow card and will be suspended for the next match. He plays higher up the pitch and on the right side so I don't suppose that will help Kennedy start the next one but who knows.

On 12/23/2020 at 5:44 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

So very likely Jahn Regensberg will draw a top flight team.

Indeed, Jahn Regensburg will host 1. FC Köln, so they will play a top flight Bundesliga team.

https://twitter.com/DFB_Pokal/status/1345775355307700227

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@bfque8 I guess you don't count stoppage time?, Kennedy played at least 15 minutes. Just to be clear this isn't a criticism but a question; you do great work tracking everybody btw! Really helpful. :)

heh, yeah, barring certain circumstances like a stoppage time subbing on, I tend not to count stoppage time - partially because that info is sometimes hard to find and partially because from a data perspective, the standard (as far as I've found) is that usually only minutes in regulation count in reference to minutes played... though yeah, I probably could be more clear there.

all that being said, much thanks for the words! 😄

Edited by bfque8

3 hours ago, bfque8 said:

the lineup

based on the players on the pitch, seems Jahn might have put Scott in as a holding midfielder in a 4231 this morning.

nvm, as pointed out below, it's Gimber that's been pushed forward into the holding mid role with Elvedi-Kennedy the CB partnership and Nachreiner at RB.

Edited by bfque8

1 hour ago, Nate3322 said:

According to whoscored he's playing as a CB with Nachreiner moving out to RB. 

yeah, on second look, seems that's what they've actually decided to do - Nachreiner out to RB and Gimber in to the midfield as that holding midfielder role - my bad.

- but also in my defense, but doesn't help that Fupa (stat tracker specializing in German football) still have him down in the midfield, therefore making it look like they had 4 CBs out there this morning ;)

Edited by bfque8

11 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Finished with the highest rating on his team on whoscored. His team lost 2-0.

I am really interested to see this guy with the Nats in the future.  In limited action, he has done quite well in B2 and here's hoping he can establish himself as a regular starter there in the second half.  If he can, would be a great addition to our side.

Looking at his WhoScored, his 6.57 average ranks him about 160 out of 270, if he had enough playing time to be in the main group. OTOH, his average in his last 2 starts is through the roof good. 

His off-the-bench performance get weak ratings, though. Not sure what that means. 

Edited by One American

I think one of the keys for Scott is that Jahn stays above relegation, that their season pans out with him playing a role. As is, they are just above, they need to get points. As a new player in B2 he needs to be back next year at Jahn to uphold his status as a B2 quality player, relegation would really hurt him, regardless of how well he's considered.

I'm going to try to watch him soon, he and Eustaquio are the ones I really have to catch some weekend.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist