Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

Dummy play. I thought he was going to be sent off with the VAR check.. when he wasn’t he should have known he was out of strikes. Saw him walking toward the Costa Rican and right when he touched him I said to those around me “he’s off”. Idiotic play with ZERO to gain from it and that’s the most frustrating part. The Tico was getting a yellow.

Yes he did but what was he thinking? No seriously because on a yellow card you can't be making any rash or reckless decisions especially to the point of getting a second yellow. As soon as he got that first yellow, he should have been taken off the field period.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Yes he did but what was he thinking? No seriously because on a yellow card you can't be making any rash or reckless decisions especially to the point of getting a second yellow. As soon as he got that first yellow, he should have been taken off the field period.

Those that live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones because I’m sure everyone on this board has never made a mistake or regretted something to say did. 

Now I’m not saying what he did was ok and a pro with his experience should know better but let’s look at the whole situation ..

Just before the 2nd booking he gets clattered into probably retaliation for the first foul. The ref plays advantage player maybe gets a yellow after the fact. Kaye goes down in a heap. Live  I’m thinking he needs treatment. We are going to kick it out to let the physios come on. kick it out!!

We don’t and kaye gets up and heads over the the player chirping at him. Remember a very heated and intense game. Kaye skates that line of intensity and it’s what makes him a such a good player.

Now the dark arts come into play the trap set they know he’s in a yellow because I have watched it back over and over and the CR player goes down like a sniper shot him and the ref falls for it. 

Stupid  to even go over YES. Should he have know better probably. Human YES been a beast for us YES Deserves to be banned or any of the online abuse he’s getting NEVER. 

This is another example of how differently this board and Canadian fans(Twitter ig and Reddit)  treat players differently if that was estaquio or oso would we be calling for his head? Kaye has 1 red card in 111 pro appearances not like it’s his thing.

Same with last night there were a lot of really really good chances that weren’t taken (Wide open header inside the 6 yard box keeper on the ground that doesn’t go in) and a few other but those misses seem to be OK? No one seems to be talking about missed chances…

This team is amazing the best probably Canada has ever seen we need to take a breath look  around and see what they have done and what they have accomplished and support them all. Not troll and harass them…

Some seem so quick to turn on the team  As fans we need to do what the players do  rally around and lift up  let’s help them finish the job not knock them down…

can’t wait for Sunday!! 
Go Canada GO 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

Edited by spitfire

53 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Those that live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones because I’m sure everyone on this board has never made a mistake or regretted something to say did. 

Now I’m not saying what he did was ok and a pro with his experience should know better but let’s look at the whole situation ..

Just before the 2nd booking he gets clattered into probably retaliation for the first foul. The ref plays advantage player maybe gets a yellow after the fact. Kaye goes down in a heap. Live  I’m thinking he needs treatment. We are going to kick it out to let the physios come on. kick it out!!

We don’t and kaye gets up and heads over the the player chirping at him. Remember a very heated and intense game. Kaye skates that line of intensity and it’s what makes him a such a good player.

Now the dark arts come into play the trap set they know he’s in a yellow because I have watched it back over and over and the CR player goes down like a sniper shot him and the ref falls for it. 

Stupid  to even go over YES. Should he have know better probably. Human YES been a beast for us YES Deserves to be banned or any of the online abuse he’s getting NEVER. 

This is another example of how differently this board and Canadian fans(Twitter ig and Reddit)  treat players differently if that was estaquio or oso would we be calling for his head? Kaye has 1 red card in 111 pro appearances not like it’s his thing.

Same with last night there were a lot of really really good chances that weren’t taken (Wide open header inside the 6 yard box keeper on the ground that doesn’t go in) and a few other but those misses seem to be OK? No one seems to be talking about missed chances…

This team is amazing the best probably Canada has ever seen we need to take a breath look  around and see what they have done and what they have accomplished and support them all. Not troll and harass them…

Some seem so quick to turn on the team  As fans we need to do what the players do  rally around and lift up  let’s help them finish the job not knock them down…

can’t wait for Sunday!! 

I mean yeah you bring up a lot of very good points but for me it is just venting frustration 

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

Stupid  to even go over YES. Should he have know better probably. Human YES been a beast for us YES Deserves to be banned or any of the online abuse he’s getting NEVER

Sometimes I think the internet should be harder to use.

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

can’t wait for Sunday!! 

I agree with all of this. The player chirped at Kaye after fouling him as well, it looked like he gestured at him to get up. So Kaye went back and chirped back, no big deal. He definitely needs to be smarter and not have any physical contact to allow the CR player to flop like that. It really was a disgusting flop though. I don’t like how the OneSoccer analysts just said it was deserving of a second yellow and didn’t also point out that it was insane simulation. To me, that behaviour shouldn’t just be accepted, it needs to get out of the game. 

9 hours ago, Fullback said:

The boys clearly moved on from it right after it happened. We should too

Reminds me of one of my favorite Monk stories.      Two monks are travelling from one monastery to another.   The master and his novice monk.  They come to a stream, a woman is struggling to get across, the master monk picks her up and carries her across.  As they continue on the Master notices that the novice is silently stewing, he asks him what is bothering him.  The novice says "we are not allowed to touch women".  The master responds " I put her down three hours ago, you are still carrying her"   Last night I was the the novice, now I'm the master.😎

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

6 hours ago, ECW said:

That was very stupid from Kaye but I’d never post negative stuff on a player’s IG account or even boo our own team in the stadium. That’s much more stupid. I don’t see the point of that level of disrespect. 

Not a surprise - our run has drawn in a ton of noobs and bandwagons. Obviously old school supporters wouldn’t do this but all the big fan bases have their share of these idiots. Also MAK was a whipping boy in LA and I wouldn’t be surprised if they jumped into the fray too 

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

I hate that soccer is the only sport in the world that continually rewards that type of shithousing. How often would a light shoulder bump ever result in an ejection in basketball, American football, baseball, etc? It’s maddening 

If you've been warned multiple times already within 20 minutes? 

What's maddening is not taking the warnings and dialing it back to a 7. And if you can't dial it back, tell your manager to get you off the pitch. 

If he had a regular yellow and then that? I would be angry at the ref. But it was a disgusting almost red yellow, a verbal warning, and then another yellow (that should have been a verbal and would have been for any other player) all in like 20 minutes. 

Edited by Hawkguy

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Not a surprise - our run has drawn in a ton of noobs and bandwagons. Obviously old school supporters wouldn’t do this but all the big fan bases have their share of these idiots. Also MAK was a whipping boy in LA and I wouldn’t be surprised if they jumped into the fray too 

I'm sure there are lots of old school supporters who would.

There are trash fans who get heated at every little thing, middle fans who like me get heated during the game, but then get over it, and positive fans who never get heated. And that fits in every fanbase of any size. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

I'm sure there are lots of old school supporters who would.

There are trash fans who get heated at every little thing, middle fans who like me get heated during the game, but then get over it, and positive fans who never get heated. And that fits in every fanbase of any size. 

I'm an "old school" supporter of this team and I thought Kaye allowed himself to get goaded into a bad place.  I've also seen plenty of scapegoating here that probably would have been as vehement if the same media platforms were as prevalent.

Most importantly, Herdman and the team have moved on, so let's move, too.  It's going to be a super Sunday.  Wish I was in. Toronto but I will be visiting Vancouver so a local bar will have to do

9 hours ago, ECW said:

That was very stupid from Kaye but I’d never post negative stuff on a player’s IG account or even boo our own team in the stadium. That’s much more stupid. I don’t see the point of that level of disrespect. 

Especially when we're on the greatest streak in the teams history! The internet is the worst. Hopefully in person fans show him the love. No one deserves that kindve hate over a game, no matter how dumb that yellow was

Too bad, he won't be involved on Sunday so his name will not be called out for us to show our support.

He was lucky to still be on after the first yellow and the second yellow (even with the dive) was not a smart move on his part.  But Kaye has been a relatively consistent performer for Canada in his career and throughout this campaign.  He may not be on many fan's starting lineup right now but he shouldn't be so disrespected.  He is a great human off the field as well, one the nicest people you'll meet. 

Would love to hear a chant for him late in the game if we are on our way to qualifying.

Edited by Corazon

3 hours ago, Floortom said:

I hate that soccer is the only sport in the world that continually rewards that type of shithousing. How often would a light shoulder bump ever result in an ejection in basketball, American football, baseball, etc? It’s maddening 

And this was the conversation with my dad last night who's not really a soccer guy (grew up playing basketball and football, watches basketball religiously)

image.png.2558d8d5fe4b07dd7ef9b2f9bf970f2b.png

....But he loves basketball, a non contact sport that has the biggest and most softest guys flopping and and acting.

I can't blame Venegas for his acting, he did his part in securing the victory for his team. Nobody likes to see it, but when it works in your favour there's not much complaining.