Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

7 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

It may not be a “play the kids” situation, but for the CMNT - having Osorio and Kaye play CM every week together will really get them gelling and it can only be good for our program.

Priso and Okello need some PT but our 2 best MLS CM’s starting together can only be a good thing.

This would benefit us for the wc. Same for Johnston and Miller.

Also, if this happens, one of those young kids will be traded as per the rumors. They want young talent in return. So Priso or Okello might continue the tradition of tfc prospects flourishing once they leave TFC. 😁

1 hour ago, Vasi said:

This would benefit us for the wc. Same for Johnston and Miller.

Also, if this happens, one of those young kids will be traded as per the rumors. They want young talent in return. So Priso or Okello might continue the tradition of tfc prospects flourishing once they leave TFC. 😁

I think Priso/Okello going the other way is best case scenario from a Canada perspective. 

Yeah I am definitely a die-hard advocate for the “play the kids” movement at TFC, but having Kaye and Oso playing together this season and developing chemistry in the buildup to Qatar (with other quality attacking players that can anticipate good ball movement) would be a net win for me.  As others have said, it may mean some moves or loans for some of the most promising kids but overall I wouldn’t mind it.  

For everyone saying how good it eill be for Osorio and Kaye to get chemistry together they only shared the field 3 times for about 150 minutes through qualifying. They frequently came on one for thr other. 

Eustaquio and Hutch are likely midfield starters with space for one more. 

All this just to say their chemistry is irrelevant because they won't be playing together.

Edited by Stryker911

2 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Priso will get some minutes even if MAK comes , Okello I would love to see be converted to a CB 

Okello doesn't seem to have the testosterone overload that great CBs usually have.  However, maybe he was masking it in the midfield.  I'd be delighted to see him show a new side of himself in the back line.

7 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

No!!! This would just block Priso, Okello, etc  from getting playing time. Let the Canadians playing for US teams stay there. The same thing happened with Johnston, now ZBG hardly sees the field.

And Montreal are having a pretty good season. ZBG is one of only a couple of Montreal players to make every lineup. Can we stop coddling our players and raise expectations. 

Kaye has probably been the most unreliable player in our mix over the past few matches. He needs a wake-up call, but I get the sense sometimes he is unable to give himself that call. 

I would not play him given the choice, with a midfield of Oso, Eustaquio, one of Atiba or Piette; or with Laryea as a 4th mid or Davies or Tajon in the middle on the side, we are better served. 

If Wotherspoon gets healthy that would push Kaye further down. If Arfield were in the mix I am not sure I'd even take him to Qatar.

I feel like maybe Kaye needs a new challenge, and by new challenge I mean new league. He's always seemed to be at his best when he has something to prove. Leaving TFC and going to Louisville, getting signed by LAFC... we know the move to Colorado is (probably) not what he wanted, it's possible he's bored in a sense and stagnating.

I always like to point out that Matt Doyle, a guy who watches more MLS than anyone and is a pretty decent thinker, literally called him the best MC in the league not too long ago. This guy's potential is really high.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Kaye has probably been the most unreliable player in our mix over the past few matches. He needs a wake-up call, but I get the sense sometimes he is unable to give himself that call. 

I would not play him given the choice, with a midfield of Oso, Eustaquio, one of Atiba or Piette; or with Laryea as a 4th mid or Davies or Tajon in the middle on the side, we are better served. 

If Wotherspoon gets healthy that would push Kaye further down. If Arfield were in the mix I am not sure I'd even take him to Qatar.

For me Kaye is a bit of a high risk, high reward type of midfielder.

He routinely looks for line splitting passes with that left foot of his, and when they come off it's magic (pass to David in 2019 CNL vs Cuba). However, from that list he's most likely to lose the ball in a dangerous position. It's not that he doesn't have the technical ability, it's a concentration thing I believe. I am not sure whether he can correct that by playing at a higher level, or whether a higher level would expose him and make him struggle, hard to say.

Overall though, I believe Kaye is a good player to have in the pool by Canadian NT standards. I am happy he is ours. He's a very up and down player, so maybe he's best suited to be a substitute in the WC, playing limited minutes towards the end of the match if and when need a goal. He has the quality to hit a game changing pass to set us up for an equalizer, and you can somewhat forgive any turnovers if you are down late in a match, if you know what I mean.

Just now, Kadenge said:

@Obinnawhat about the MAK pass to Tajon in the 2021 GC where he scored v Mexico? But agree that he has been inconsistent since his MLS all star season. If he can get back to playing at that level he would for sure be a factor for club/country

Absolutely. It felt like I was missing a more recent one, but I was too lazy to think what it was. 

10 hours ago, Aird25 said:

And Montreal are having a pretty good season. ZBG is one of only a couple of Montreal players to make every lineup. Can we stop coddling our players and raise expectations. 

Not saying our guys suck but if ZBG can’t get off the Montreal bench, I really don’t think he has a future with the CANMNT program. I know there are rumours of him going back to France which would be cool, but if you’re not good enough to get solid playing time in the MLS, not saying you could never help the national team out, but you’re clearly not a star in hiding…

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Not saying our guys suck but if ZBG can’t get off the Montreal bench, I really don’t think he has a future with the CANMNT program. I know there are rumours of him going back to France which would be cool, but if you’re not good enough to get solid playing time in the MLS, not saying you could never help the national team out, but you’re clearly not a star in hiding…

What do you mean can't get off the Montreal bench? ZBG has been coming off the bench, for one of the top teams in MLS, and has been absolutely killing it. Few goals already and probably a few assists as well. 

Ideally he'd be starting so that he gets more overall minutes, but he's clearly a starting level player who's being used from the bench. He's definitely a big contributor to the team this year, which is why the Ligue 1 rumours are not surprising. 

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

What do you mean can't get off the Montreal bench? ZBG has been coming off the bench, for one of the top teams in MLS, and has been absolutely killing it. Few goals already and probably a few assists as well. 

Ideally he'd be starting so that he gets more overall minutes, but he's clearly a starting level player who's being used from the bench. He's definitely a big contributor to the team this year, which is why the Ligue 1 rumours are not surprising. 

I know that, i phrased it poorly, what I meant was that if Johnston is preventing ZBG from getting more minutes, or if anyone is blocking any other young kid from getting minutes, either he goes to another team or he stays as a bench player, but there won’t be a scenario where we’re saying like “ZBG could’ve been a star for Canada if only he got more minutes at Montreal that one year”.

said it over and over...brault should have asked for a move as soon as he saw all those defenders in montreal and nancy not really counting on him...now he is likely to miss the world cup unless something changes

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

I'd take him for the Caps in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Would be an upgrade on Godinho and would start for the majority of MLS teams in my opinion. 

Godinho has had a good run recently but I agree, I'd have ZBG over him consistently.  Throw in Raposo plus some Garber bucks and you've got a deal 😉

12 hours ago, Kadenge said:

@Obinnawhat about the MAK pass to Tajon in the 2021 GC where he scored v Mexico? But agree that he has been inconsistent since his MLS all star season. If he can get back to playing at that level he would for sure be a factor for club/country

Fairly desperately needed at TFC at the moment. Not sure I see Akinola or Shaff starting often for Bradley. It would make sense for Toronto to trade them to Colorado for MAK. 

Edited by ECW

MAK was amazing three years ago during that breakout all star season but has been very hit and miss since the  (for club and country. ) I don’t think that’s going to change at this point - what you see is what you get. I still think he would be a good addition for TFC though.