Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

• 2 weeks later...

Awww come on, lets be nice.  When Cavallini hadnt scored for CMNT (and scored buckets at club) it didnt make any sense.   So he is just evening things out now.  When RIcketts scores all the time for CMNT it makes no sense.  Gerba was another guy that just seemed to be there to bang them in as a international...not so much at the club level.  

David and Cavallini need to both start. David doesn't need to play as a pure forward, as he has shown, in order to have an impact on games, and Cavallini's presence and height in the box is second to none on the squad at the moment. If anything, I think playing David purely as a forward is a waste of his talents since he can do and be so much more than just that.

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Awww come on, lets be nice.  When Cavallini hadnt scored for CMNT (and scored buckets at club) it didnt make any sense.   So he is just evening things out now.  When RIcketts scores all the time for CMNT it makes no sense.  Gerba was another guy that just seemed to be there to bang them in as a international...not so much at the club level.  

Cavallini consistently scores against good, tough opponents at Club level, despite Puebla not being the best of teams in Liga MX

Cav appears to be enjoying the service he is receiving. Could have scored 4 or 5 goals vs FG. Appears to be bonding with his team mates. He is going to get better as we play more games .. Larin understandably is lacking confidence and is not match fit. Cav brings an aggressive and intimidating presence to our team. We need more of that from others. 

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

It really would be incredible to have two Canadians playing regularly at the Azteca! It would be great preparation for Nations League and WCQ.

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Has there been any solid news on which MLS clubs are in for him?

2 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think Cavallini could aim higher - La Liga. I would love to see him transferred to La Liga.  It would be fantastic for his career to be in the top flight of Spain where he would get all the exposure.

I think a move to a club like Valencia or Seville would be perfect for him.  

No offence to cavallini but I don’t think he’s good enough to be a guaranteed started with those teams. Going from the tenth place team in Mexico to a top 6 team in Spain seems unlikely. I think if he was transferred to Spain he would be more likely to go to a mid table club like betis, leganes, deportivo alaves, or Villarreal 

3 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think Cavallini could aim higher - La Liga. I would love to see him transferred to La Liga.  It would be fantastic for his career to be in the top flight of Spain where he would get all the exposure.

I think a move to a club like Valencia or Seville would be perfect for him.  

Honestly id rather he move to a better club in mexico. One reason is selfish and that is we need players not afraid of central american climates during world cup and nations league. 

The other reason is i fear if he moves to a big european club he will risk turning into a Larin(slow to adapt, poor perormance, lack playing time). 

Hes got a good thing going in mexico and its a quality league, still above MLS. Id rather he stay there. 

Edited by king1010

I agree that except at the bottom third or quarter of La Liga, he probably can't compete.

Though there are clubs with modest budgets and results that are better that might look at him, thinking that all you need out of a guy is 7-8 goals.

If he were to sign to 2nd division, with so many big clubs, he'd be fine. Like Zaragoza.

19 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

I like the idea of Cavallini and Eustaquio playing together. And I'm sure Cavallini has stated before that the only MLS team he'd join is TFC, and he would likely have to be a DP... so since TFC has no room then perhaps interest from MLS is moot?

Do we know how much he is making? I would guess he could be happy with TAM level money, which should mean there is room for him on TFC (hard to know for sure)

14 hours ago, Kent said:

Do we know how much he is making? I would guess he could be happy with TAM level money, which should mean there is room for him on TFC (hard to know for sure)

I've seen articles that say the average salary in Mexico is over 300 thousand CDN a year. Second in the Americas only to Brazil. 

If he is at average, or even slightly below, that means anyone wanting him is going to have to pay considerably more--and I am not sure MLS would. 

18 hours ago, Obinna said:

Hoping the Cruz Azul move comes to fruition. If he can prove he can score there he'll be primed for that solid European move that some are hoping for.

Honestly he’s already 26 lets say he stays at Cruz Azul for 2 years. I can’t see Europeans investing in a player who has 2 years until reaching 30

Edited by Guest