Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 10:15 AM, Jahinho Guerro said:

It'll will be great if he's committed to the program, but it's also crazy that we can say we got options. 

It’s nice to have options but really let’s be realistic here, with our past history of failure after failure since 1986 we need all hands on deck and not having a guy like Cavallini not with us will be a big miss I don’t care how many options we may have.

13 minutes ago, 1996 said:

We need this guy with us not having him will be a huge loss who are we kidding, we are not Brazil or even Costa Rica for heaven sake!!

He's on board bro, been 100% since the gold cup.....his CMNT performances  was one of the many reasons that led to his original transfer to LIGA Mx... followed by a 4 yr contract to pay the bills for his family. He's a smart guy, he knows this and appreciates this.

He's coming to the camp and I wish him safe travels and best of luck banging in his first goals for the CMNT. 

It appears since OZ and now with Herdman a new Identity is finally being formed (about time).  If I remember correctly one of his Complaints was he felt the squad and/or certain players lacked that passion, desire, determination.

I have no reason to believe the CONCACAF bulldog/pitbull is not committed (hope he doesn't take my nickname personal).

Cheers, and 100% agree with you, we need him on the squad.

Edited by apbsmith

Great to see him get another one.

With the USVI squad announcement, I was just as excited to see Cav's name as the young guys we want committed to the program like David and co.  Coming to a game against USVI - when we actually have other options for a change - should be taken as a  strong signal of commitment.  

Thumbs up.

On 9/1/2018 at 8:44 AM, 1996 said:

We need this guy with us not having him will be a huge loss who are we kidding, we are not Brazil or even Costa Rica for heaven sake!!

I agree with you but if there’s nobody capable of giving him the ball then it will be frustrating. I think sometimes that’s part of the reason why Larin has trouble finding the net when wearing the leaf. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else impressed with the way Cavallini charged in for that rebound off the crossbar for his first goal? The dude is a bull and there was no way any keeper was going to win that battle. He brings a "take no prisoner" attitude to the CMNT which we  need...may come with a few cards ? His second goal was also a beauty.

9 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Anyone else impressed with the way Cavallini charged in for that rebound off the crossbar for his first goal? The dude is a bull and there was no way any keeper was going to win that battle. He brings a "take no prisoner" attitude to the CMNT which we  need...may come with a few cards ? His second goal was also a beauty.

His last goal for Puebla - that 90+min game winner I think - was the same way. He went all in to get that shot off, keeper or defender be dammed lol

24 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Anyone else impressed with the way Cavallini charged in for that rebound off the crossbar for his first goal? 

Sure was!

14 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Yeah that's close, but probably stayed out. Cavallini pounced on that rebound though and beat the keepers outstretched arms to it!

I think Cavalini has some Blaz Pérez to him.  He works and grinds all night and doesn’t necessarily out talent the other team but he seems to always be around the ball and out works the other teams.  It’s not always about scoring pretty goals but it’s about scoring opportunistically.

I’m glad that he’s part of the program and he offers a dimension that our other forwards don’t offer.

2 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think Cavalini has some Blaz Pérez to him.  He works and grinds all night and doesn’t necessarily out talent the other team but he seems to always be around the ball and out works the other teams.  It’s not always about scoring pretty goals but it’s about scoring opportunistically.

I’m glad that he’s part of the program and he offers a dimension that our other forwards don’t offer.

His first goal vs USVI was text book this. He came flying in out of nowhere and beat everybody to the ball. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...