Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

I was hoping for a bigger move like Monterrey, but if Atlas are going to start spending, it may be an interesting project for him to join.

Also, at Monterrey he may have to fight for minutes, whereas at Atlas he would probably be a starter right away, which means he can continue getting lots of minutes and goals as nations league approaches.

Monterrey was the sexier move and Cavallini could become the first Canadian to play in the Club World Cup, but a move to Atlas has it's advantages in the short term.

If he proves himself at Atlas, Monterrey or another big Mexican club can always come in for him later.

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I think he has proven himself already at Puebla. I'm sure Liga MX teams know what he's about. I don't think he would have to "prove himself" again at a similar club in the same league.

Well, it couldn't hurt him to score at another Liga MX club, right? 

Not saying this is the case with Cav, but sometimes a striker thrives at one club, but fails to replicate his form at another (for a variety of reasons). 

7 minutes ago, GlassCity said:

As much as I love watching a Canadian score in Liga MX, on the right team, he could absolutely tear it up in MLS. 

At this point in his career, I hope the man gets PAID for him and his family.  As long as it's on a team he can keep working on his clinical finishing I'm all for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I posted this on the Canucks weekly thread as well. With this match we may see interest in a transfer to Spain revived, especially since the Spanish league does not start for another month and teams with poor preseasons will be looking for firepower.

It does definitively confirm him as a Liga 1 quality player, a huge step up for him and for us as well.

--------------

Marca has a very detailed chronicle of the match Puebla played vs. Betis, winning 2-0, and praises Cavallini as the best player of the game

https://www.marca.com/futbol/betis/2019/07/28/5d3df80ae2704e67058b4575.html

He started, played all or almost all (doesn't say, but he got a very late yellow), played a pass for their third which the other Puebla player blew, says Marca, after describing Betis trying to come back after going down:

"Eso sí, sufriendo en las veloces contras de los mexicanos, con un gran Cavallini, el mejor del partido."

"All the while struggling with the Mexican's fast counter attacks, with a great Cavallini, the best player of the match"

13 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I posted this on the Canucks weekly thread as well. With this match we may see interest in a transfer to Spain revived, especially since the Spanish league does not start for another month and teams with poor preseasons will be looking for firepower.

It does definitively confirm him as a Liga 1 quality player, a huge step up for him and for us as well.

--------------

Marca has a very detailed chronicle of the match Puebla played vs. Betis, winning 2-0, and praises Cavallini as the best player of the game

https://www.marca.com/futbol/betis/2019/07/28/5d3df80ae2704e67058b4575.html

He started, played all or almost all (doesn't say, but he got a very late yellow), played a pass for their third which the other Puebla player blew, says Marca, after describing Betis trying to come back after going down:

"Eso sí, sufriendo en las veloces contras de los mexicanos, con un gran Cavallini, el mejor del partido."

"All the while struggling with the Mexican's fast counter attacks, with a great Cavallini, the best player of the match"

Would love to see him in La Liga

The goal was brought back and he was deemed to have fouled so hard to get the ball for the play before that he was red carded, after consulting VAR.

Puebla is protesting the call as it seems Cavallini did not even know the rival was there, he played the ball and hit a leg inadvertently as he turned.

Here is a decent video: the commentators think that it was not a red but could be called a foul so they were right to not allow the goal:

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 2 weeks later...