Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

38 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Huh? He had a big grin leaving the pitch and was seen giggling with Herdman after the match and cracking jokes in the post-game interview that you can see on TSN's website.

Really? Did you see the extended interview where he said that he was upset that he had to play today because he missed part of the Argentina - Qatar match. Something too about getting to watch "real national teams".

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Maybe in the postgame interview but that’s not what I’m talking about.

After he was subbed he seemed to walk off and then after the match he was seen saying something to Herdman and he didn’t look happy... a little upset.  Herdman seemed to encourage him and then he walked to the pitch and said something to the refs.  So maybe completely unrelated but just seemed off.

Not sure we saw the same thing. I saw herdman and cav casually joking it up in that instance. Cav was cracking a smile, he definitely wasnt upset. Looked like one of them told a joke. 

Edited by king1010

14 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Not sure we saw the same thing. I saw herdman and cav casually joking it up in that instance. Cav was cracking a smile, he definitely wasnt upset. Looked like one of them told a joke. 

I didn't see anything that made him seemed the least bit of upset - maybe just a little sheepish from the botched penalty.

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Does anyone know why he took the PK from arfield? Did he think the first goal was an OG (which it was initially and it’s complete BS)?  Or did he say to Arfield “look I’m on the verge of a big move, let me pad my stats here”.

FWIW he looked upset leaving the pitch and at the end of the game he said something to Herdman.  Almost looked like he had tears. Maybe (hopefully) he felt bad about taking a PK from his captain and missing.

I think he was going for the hat trick cause it was described at first as an own goal on RDS. And looking at the body language and facial expression of Arfield and Cav it did look as if Cav and Arfield were saying about doing something cheeky with a snicker. It backfired Herdman was uneasily laughing it off. Then at the end it looked live Cav said to Herdman sorry for the missed pk which Herdman shrugged off saying it’s ok. I could be wrong. 

8 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

I think he was going for the hat trick cause it was described at first as an own goal on RDS. And looking at the body language and facial expression of Arfield and Cav it did look as if Cav and Arfield were saying about doing something cheeky with a snicker. It backfired Herdman was uneasily laughing it off. Then at the end it looked live Cav said to Herdman sorry for the missed pk which Herdman shrugged off saying it’s ok. I could be wrong. 

That is some top-shelf lip reading.

Unfortunately I missed the game last night but I was at the game in Toronto vs Dominica last fall and if you all re-watch the highlights of that game you will also clearly see Cavallini grab the ball away from Hoilett demanding to take the penalty.  Junior did not seem amused but let it go and Cavallini ended up scoring a paneka.  But if that has now happened twice in less than a year, then its very disappointing to hear.

Still currently our striker but to be taking penalties away from your teammates is unacceptable.  Perhaps Herdman can step and put a stop to it.  No one wants to stand up against Cavallini and I can't say I blame them. 😂

So I went and checked it out Cavallini is 5/7 for penalties in his career but has missed his last 2. Arfield is 6/8 but hasn’t taken a penalty since 2015 and hasn’t scored one since 2010 when he was with falkirk. Other than that most of our players haven’t taken one or scored one. Hutchison scored one against Bulgaria in a friendly in 2014 and Teibert scored one against Dominica in 2015. So from this information I can conclude we don’t have a player who is super great at penalties but Cavallini should probably be our number one.

I'm only guessing, but I bet David is good at penalties. I'd pick him for a shootout for sure. I think if I could choose 5 from our full 23 player roster I would choose, in no particular order...

Johnathan David, Atiba Hutchinson, Mark-Anthony Kaye, Scott Arfield, Junior Hoilett.

This is based on about 0 information because I don't remember seeing any of those guys take a penalty (maybe Hoilett has missed one for Canada now that I think about it a bit more). Davies would definitely be a contender to take one. I picked Kaye because I feel like he has the calm under pressure needed to do well in a shoot out scenario. Same thing with Hutch. I'm not against Cavallini taking one, but next time he should probably just hit it because there is now a trend for keepers to go off of.

3 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

So I went and checked it out Cavallini is 5/7 for penalties in his career but has missed his last 2. Arfield is 6/8 but hasn’t taken a penalty since 2015 and hasn’t scored one since 2010 when he was with falkirk. Other than that most of our players haven’t taken one or scored one. Hutchison scored one against Bulgaria in a friendly in 2014 and Teibert scored one against Dominica in 2015. So from this information I can conclude we don’t have a player who is super great at penalties but Cavallini should probably be our number one.

Thx for that... What are Hoilett's stats? He must have taken a bunch at some point?

Honestly, David will likely become our permanent #1 PK taker, just a matter of time. 

Also hard to knock Cav on that PK, goalie 2 feet off line and a Cuban running in your peripheral vision. He must have been like WTF. 

6 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Thx for that... What are Hoilett's stats? He must have taken a bunch at some point?

Honestly, David will likely become our permanent #1 PK taker, just a matter of time. 

Also hard to knock Cav on that PK, goalie 2 feet off line and a Cuban running in your peripheral vision. He must have been like WTF. 

Hoiletts 2/5 in his career but has missed his last 2.

I do know that David missed his shot in the shootout of the Belgian cup semi-final. They ended up advancing as the guy after him scored. 

I actually wonder if Cornelius would be good at them. Used to play as a forward and seems composed when given an opportunity.

Edited by Stryker911

11 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, Scotty doesn't seem like the kind of guy that intimidates easily.

LOL.  Ya think?

Scotty;

"Yeah, sure, the match is over.  You want it?  Knock yourself out, kid."

"OHHH.  YOU BASTARD!  You know, you build a thousand bridges do people say "Hey everybody, look.  There goes Cavalli the bridge builder."  No.

"But you miss one penalty..."

Reading the twitter comments was entertaining, he will be very welcomed. 

Atlas are restructuring the entire club and the new ownership group is willing to spend, think that plays a factor. 

Score a goal against Mexico's national team, followed by a hat trick the next game and every Liga MX club team fan wants you on their team. 

To be honest most Liga MX fans would already have wanted Cav on their team.

Edited by apbsmith

Reading this will never get old ... 

"May 28 2019: What is surprising, however, is that Canada Soccer may have just leaked Cavallini’s potential intra-league transfer. Today, the Canada Soccer Instagram account put the proverbial cart before the horse and congratulated Cavallini on his transfer to Atlas, with the only problem being that it hasn’t happened yet.

Fans were quick to point out that neither Pueblo or Atlas had officially recognized a transfer of any sort, and Canada Soccer quickly took down the Instagram post. Neither Canada Soccer, Puebla, or Atlas has offered an update since – but it’s highly suspect that the CSA would make a social media post like that, even by mistake, without some kind of insider knowledge."

2 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Reading this will never get old ... 

"May 28 2019: What is surprising, however, is that Canada Soccer may have just leaked Cavallini’s potential intra-league transfer. Today, the Canada Soccer Instagram account put the proverbial cart before the horse and congratulated Cavallini on his transfer to Atlas, with the only problem being that it hasn’t happened yet.

Fans were quick to point out that neither Pueblo or Atlas had officially recognized a transfer of any sort, and Canada Soccer quickly took down the Instagram post. Neither Canada Soccer, Puebla, or Atlas has offered an update since – but it’s highly suspect that the CSA would make a social media post like that, even by mistake, without some kind of insider knowledge."

Came from a misleading transfer post from one of the clubs.

Atlas and Puebla fans fought in my timeline for a full week