Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

11 hours ago, Ansem said:

There has been rumors about leaving for around 11 months. The rumors seems to have originated from an account with 300 followers as it even quotes this account in articles. Alustiva is 34,  Gonzalez is owned by Pachuca, and Torres cant score. Feels like a lazy transfer window rumor. 

Edited by jordan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sure the defender missed it.... but that header was pure class. 

Edit: re watching it, some of the reasons the defender missed it was his aggression and presence..huge fan of his style and play. 

Plz start him in every away game in Central America.

Edited by apbsmith

7 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

In a couple years? Months?  Right now give me Cavallini.  David has lots of upside but I would prefer Cav when we start playing the hex teams on a regular basis.  David has some pace and can come in a la Ricketts against tired defenders if that’s what the game calls for.

Not that it has to be one or the other, but yes I would say that Cav is a better player than David, even though his ceiling is higher, I think.

Either way, good to have in form attackers. We have regular goal scorers in the Mexican and Belgian top flights, and one in the Turkish top flight who is streaky and has the potential to catch fire at that level. All 3 are under 27 as well. I feel confident heading into Gold Cup.

Edited by Obinna

7 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

Jonathan David might have something to say about that

Soccerway had him playing on the wing, now they aren't accurate all the time but I haven't seen David play enough to judge if he really is an out and out central striker (#9) like Cav and Larin. Which would be even better 'cause we can put them both out there!

7 hours ago, shamrock said:

Soccerway had him playing on the wing, now they aren't accurate all the time but I haven't seen David play enough to judge if he really is an out and out central striker (#9) like Cav and Larin. Which would be even better 'cause we can put them both out there!

David has a better first touch than both Larin and Cav from what I can see so far based on both club and CMNT goals, not to mention he is younger and already starting on a good European league. Using him like Ricketts as someone above suggested would be a waste of his talents

In a one striker scenario I would start Cav and bring David in.  In a 4-4-2 or variation with 2 strikers they would both be on the field ahead of Larin.  Cav’s experiences in Mexico and South America right now trump David’s youthful athleticism for me in a one striker set up.  Experience is a great teacher.

2 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

In a one striker scenario I would start Cav and bring David in.  In a 4-4-2 or variation with 2 strikers they would both be on the field ahead of Larin.  Cav’s experiences in Mexico and South America right now trump David’s youthful athleticism for me in a one striker set up.  Experience is a great teacher.

I can fully assure you David has more than just "youthful athleticism"... Theres a reason why he has been asked to play as a winger or a box to box midfielder, in addition to the number 9 role. In 2 years time David will likely be playing in a more competitive league than the Belgian league (already has Bundesliga teams tracking him), and I honestly can't say the same about Cavallini.

4 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

I can fully assure you David has more than just "youthful athleticism"... Theres a reason why he has been asked to play as a winger or a box to box midfielder, in addition to the number 9 role. In 2 years time David will likely be playing in a more competitive league than the Belgian league (already has Bundesliga teams tracking him), and I honestly can't say the same about Cavallini.

Just because Cavallini isn't playing in a bigger league doesn't mean he can't.

Also, Liga MX > Jupiler Pro League

2 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Just because Cavallini isn't playing in a bigger league doesn't mean he can't.

Also, Liga MX > Jupiler Pro League

I love the idea that a neophyte David playing a few months in a league where defending is still soft and coming on usually in uncrucial moments of games or against weaker sides is somehow better than a proven striker in Mexico, with years of production and a just as encouraging developmental curve. 

I am encouraged by David but I too get tired of how frigging silly this board gets. If David is scoring for Gent next year in Europa League, or the one after that in a better league, come back and talk to me. The case of Larin has shown that some leagues are clearly harder than others, in spite of folks thinking that maybe MLS is comparable to Turkey.

For what it's worth, Transfermarkt has virtually equal player valuations for both Liga MX and the Jupiler Pro League.  In any event, I think Jupiler League probably provides a better springboard for David to a top 5 league in Europe visibility wise but also it's a more physical league with stronger, athletic players.  

16 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

Sorry I didn’t realize you were related.  

• 4 weeks later...

Puebla plays a 5-4-1 and rely on Cavallini for hold up and finishing their few created opportunities, usually set pieces. 

Hard fought game.  Monarcas had the run of play and credit to Cavallini for finishing his chance.  They definitely could have used him in the penalities tho.  You can see his foul for the red at 4:35.  He threw a punch/elbow as he was walking away.