Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

I am glad Cavallini didn't join Vancouver.

At the same time I find it interesting they actually made a $5M bid. I mean, you want to get the lowest price possible if you're the Whitecaps, but weren't we hearing numbers in the double digits thrown around? I can't recall for sure, but I thought Puebla was holding out for at least $10M...

If you want a big player you must pay accordingly. Toronto paid around that for Pozuelo. 

And while Toronto can afford more than Vancouver, they should still have some Davies bucks to play with, presumably...

6 minutes ago, jordan said:

Manager sacked, will have his third manager in 2019

That's crazy, expected I guess with Puebla not wanting to get relegated. 

Did Puebla win his phantom red card appeal? 

At the same time, very difficult to leave a guy like Cav on the bench, regardless of the manager, let's hope the manager sets him up to continue his nice run of form.

1 minute ago, apbsmith said:

That's crazy, expected I guess with Puebla not wanting to get relegated. 

Did Puebla win his phantom red card appeal? 

At the same time, very difficult to leave a guy like Cav on the bench, regardless of the manager, let's hope the manager sets him up to continue his nice run of form.

He didn’t play two games in a row and then played yesterday, so perhaps he was given 1 more game, or perhaps he was sat, I was away when it all happened and didn’t have my laptop to translate Spanish articles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2019 at 1:19 PM, Obinna said:

I am glad Cavallini didn't join Vancouver.

At the same time I find it interesting they actually made a $5M bid. I mean, you want to get the lowest price possible if you're the Whitecaps, but weren't we hearing numbers in the double digits thrown around? I can't recall for sure, but I thought Puebla was holding out for at least $10M...

If you want a big player you must pay accordingly. Toronto paid around that for Pozuelo. 

And while Toronto can afford more than Vancouver, they should still have some Davies bucks to play with, presumably...

Hence it was rejected. Yeah they've got some Davies bucks kicking around, but being the cheapest team in MLS seems to be in their DNA.

Edited by A_Gagne

• 3 weeks later...