Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I've seen articles that say the average salary in Mexico is over 300 thousand CDN a year. Second in the Americas only to Brazil. 

If he is at average, or even slightly below, that means anyone wanting him is going to have to pay considerably more--and I am not sure MLS would. 

If TFC are paying Zav 260 american a year (350 CDN) for a back up CB.  MX is better than MLS, and Cav is scoring a dozen goals a season there, so lets say with playing time he'll bag 10-12 in MLS.  300/350 US for 12 goals sounds pretty good to me.

4 hours ago, canta15 said:

Honestly he’s already 26 lets say he stays at Cruz Azul for 2 years. I can’t see Europeans investing in a player who has 2 years until reaching 30

Depends on the club and the situation and how he plays at Cruz Azul. If he bangs in goals there and a team in La Liga needs immediate help without breaking the bank, it could certainly happen. Not every transfer is a long term project.

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I've seen articles that say the average salary in Mexico is over 300 thousand CDN a year. Second in the Americas only to Brazil. 

If he is at average, or even slightly below, that means anyone wanting him is going to have to pay considerably more--and I am not sure MLS would. 

Monterrey are not average, so this may be the exception, but during the CCL Peter Vermes (I think it was) described them as having 8 DP players and 10 TAM players (or something to that effect). 

That is way, way, way over $300,000 Canadian per year.

Edited by Obinna

35 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Depends on the club and the situation and how he plays at Cruz Azul. If he bangs in goals there and a team in La Liga needs immediate help without breaking the bank, it could certainly happen. Not every transfer is a long term project.

I love the idea, being in Spain, but I am just not seeing a lot of Mexicans in La Liga lately, or even in 2nd division.  There are tons of Argentines, and even from Uruguay though.

Just checking transfermarkt, there are only 5 in all La Liga, none a striker (Lainez is the newest), and all came young except Néstor Araujo who was bought by Celta last year from Santos Laguna, when about to turn 27 years old.

I think Cavallini has to think about natural career curves. First to a top Mexican side. His goal production may increase as bigger clubs have more chances on goal, score more in general. Then see what offers may arise. If he is making the money we are talking about upwards of 400,000, he is probably very well set professionally.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I love the idea, being in Spain, but I am just not seeing a lot of Mexicans in La Liga lately, or even in 2nd division.  There are tons of Argentines, and even from Uruguay though.

Just checking transfermarkt, there are only 5 in all La Liga, none a striker (Lainez is the newest), and all came young except Néstor Araujo who was bought by Celta last year from Santos Laguna, when about to turn 27 years old.

I think Cavallini has to think about natural career curves. First to a top Mexican side. His goal production may increase as bigger clubs have more chances on goal, score more in general. Then see what offers may arise. If he is making the money we are talking about upwards of 400,000, he is probably very well set professionally.

Of course, Cavallini is not Mexican, so it would be more accurate to look at how many players transferred from Liga MX, regardless of their nationality. To my surprise, there was actually only 4 (3 Mexicans and a Peruvian).

That said, there were players transferring from the Serbian League, Danish League, Kazakhstan League, Uruguayan League, all levels which are similar or below Liga MX. So while it’s true there is no big pipeline at the moment from Mexico to Spain, it shows that clubs will go anywhere to find a player of interest, whether that is Puebla or Boston River. The modest club from Uruguay transferred a player to Getafe, who went on to make 33 appearances this season, if I recall correctly. 

Edited by Obinna

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If he is making the money we are talking about upwards of 400,000, he is probably very well set professionally.

His good buddy Osorio is making much more than that right now at TFC.

11 hours ago, RS said:

His good buddy Osorio is making much more than that right now at TFC.

I cited the Liga MX average. Do you think a striker scoring in Liga MX, even on a mid-table team, is on average salary?

The real difference is that Cavallini (or via his club) has real offers, confirmed over a long period of time, openly public, with the team names known. So he is clearly on an upward curve he can take advantage of

Osorio does not have a single confirmed offer, just rumours, all unsubstantiated. Many overblown and exagerrated last season by TFC fans (I think probably by his agents).

For Osorio to sign a renovation of contract at TFC and continue there makes sense. For CAvallini to move on to a bigger team, makes sense for him, but they are totally different situations.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I cited the Liga MX average. Do you think a striker scoring in Liga MX, even on a mid-table team, is on average salary?

The real difference is that Cavallini (or via his club) has real offers, confirmed over a long period of time, openly public, with the team names known. So he is clearly on an upward curve he can take advantage of

Osorio does not have a single confirmed offer, just rumours, all unsubstantiated. Many overblown and exagerrated last season by TFC fans (I think probably by his agents).

For Osorio to sign a renovation of contract at TFC and continue there makes sense. For CAvallini to move on to a bigger team, makes sense for him, but they are totally different situations.

I think the offer to play in Colombia was real, but that was on loan and after he signed the TAM deal, I believe.

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

My intention wasn't to compare the two players or their situations, but to show that MLS clubs (even those without open DP spots) can easily give Cavallini a huge raise if your estimates are even close to what he's currently making.

Regardless, what Cavallini is earning at Puebla isn't dictated by his current form as he signed the contract prior to joining the team. Unless Puebla renegotiated after he started lighting up the league, which is possible but I don't recall that being reported anywhere.

And, as @Obinna pointed out, OZ publicly pursued Osorio so there was at least one confirmed offer that had nothing to do with fans exaggerating anything.

45 minutes ago, RS said:

My intention wasn't to compare the two players or their situations, but to show that MLS clubs (even those without open DP spots) can easily give Cavallini a huge raise if your estimates are even close to what he's currently making.

Regardless, what Cavallini is earning at Puebla isn't dictated by his current form as he signed the contract prior to joining the team. Unless Puebla renegotiated after he started lighting up the league, which is possible but I don't recall that being reported anywhere.

And, as @Obinna pointed out, OZ publicly pursued Osorio so there was at least one confirmed offer that had nothing to do with fans exaggerating anything.

Yes, he was on loan but he signed a new four year agreement with Puebla in June of this year. Don't know any details.

4 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

Feels like it’s going to be a big Gold Cup for some of our boys. Bunch of guys in their primes/entering their primes and all at reasonable clubs in good leagues. 

If someone like Cavallini has a big Gold Cup, the sky’s the limit (ie. La Liga)

Exactly what happened after the 2017 GC...when a number of our players moved up to a higher level and bigger clubs...Borjan, Cav, MAK and I am sure it helped Davies' eventual move to Bayern as well.

6 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

Feels like it’s going to be a big Gold Cup for some of our boys. Bunch of guys in their primes/entering their primes and all at reasonable clubs in good leagues. 

If someone like Cavallini has a big Gold Cup, the sky’s the limit (ie. La Liga)

Not to be a downer but most of our guys are not entering their prime yet and makes for an exciting side that can out perform but as easily flame out in the group stage. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We are a very young side with a lot of potential but quarter final is really an expected level with this group which would be a good launching pad for 2022

5 hours ago, An Observer said:

Not to be a downer but most of our guys are not entering their prime yet and makes for an exciting side that can out perform but as easily flame out in the group stage. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We are a very young side with a lot of potential but quarter final is really an expected level with this group which would be a good launching pad for 2022

Very true, as discussed in the other thread, I think we see a very heavy veteran lineup in match 1 to ensure a Win.

1st priority - 3 points game 1

6 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Atlas could use his help but a sideways move at best.

You're right, if Atlas was historically more important, nowadays the level is similar.

As I would also imagine budgets are similar too, I wonder how Atlas justify moving for him and, logically, paying him more.

2 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

I’ve heard rumours of Cruz Azul and Monterrey, but not Atlas. Seems like he’s a wanted man in Liga MX

He’s been linked at the end of each season somewhere else. Likely to happen eventually

One thing is for sure he's getting sold this summer, the director of sporting in Puebla confirmed that the negotiations are well underway and that he will reinforce other positions with the sale. 

Would love to see him with Cruz Azul, having Eustaquio there already; although Monterrey, Tijuana wouldn't be bad options either. There is even interest north of the border - Now to Cavallini's stand on MLS - he said there's only one club he would play for: TFC

There's been numbers thrown around about how much Puebla is looking to get for him. This article says they're looking for around 6 million. I have no idea if this is a credible source or not, but would that not put him among the top transfer fees for a Canadian?

https://www.futboltotal.com.mx/futbol-mexicano/liga-mx/cuanto-piden-por-lucas-cavallini-de-puebla/2019/05

1 hour ago, The Real Marc said:

I saw Barcelona of Guayaquil in that article. I know they're a really big club but is it common for Mexican teams to sell successful players into other South American leagues that aren't Brazil or Argentina?

He was based out of Uruguay for multiple teams, Nacional, Juventud, Fenix & Penarol and his family is Argentinean.  Maybe there is some familiarity from his history.