Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

I find nothing in the rumour mill from Levante on Cavallini, nothing at all. And usually in Spain the agents feed the journalists and the rumours fly. But nothing. 

It is still a great place to go, Levante  stayed up this year, and historically they have played good football. They scored a lot, but goals came from strikers, mids and even defenders, after Roger Martí with 13 their other strikers got 5 goals total--a defender like Coke scored more than any other striker. So all in all, they need a bigger striker as a target who would actually score, it would be a fine place to go.

Rumours today have him after Alan Pulido in line at Cruz Azul:

https://www.90min.com/es/posts/6378902-alan-pulido-esta-en-el-radar-de-cruz-azul-de-cara-al-apertura-2019

"Bet on Yourself" 

#CrushTheGoldCup  Version 2.0

I like Cav at Puebla but I believe a move is happening.  Will be interesting to see if a move happens pre Gold Cup. In my opinion any team that wants him and decides to wait is playing with fire. His stock/value could rise even higher with a strong showing. 

Edited by apbsmith

57 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

"Bet on Yourself" 

#CrushTheGoldCup  Version 2.0

I like Cav at Puebla but I believe a move is happening.  Will be interesting to see if a move happens pre Gold Cup. In my opinion any team that wants him and decides to wait is playing with fire. His stock/value could rise even higher with a strong showing. 

Exactly, especially for the Mexican teams. If he has a hot GC and has not been moved, the bidding war will hotten up. Puebla could try to use that for a better fee, but some club might want to circumvent it by bidding high early. 

Levante wouldn't pay any more than 2-3 million euros for him, don't think, based on their historical transfer fees (5 is like max).

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.record.com.mx/columnistas-david-medrano/puebla-espera-que-valor-de-cavallini-aumente-en-copa-oro

https://www.diariocambio.com.mx/2019/marcador-final/item/18666-quien-quiera-hacerse-con-los-servicios-de-cavallini-debera-pagar-10-millones-de-dolares

A couple articles on the Cavallini transfer situation. The first one states that Puebla are trying to wait until after the Gold Cup to sell him, hoping that he will put in a few good performances to raise his value. A few posters had predicted that this would be the case. The second article says that Puebla are asking $10 million for Cavallini, a number that his suitors are calling "exaggerated". Atlas, Monterrey, Leon and Cruz Azul are some of the teams still in the running, with the latter being the only ones to make a formal offer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 9:57 PM, Jith12 said:

https://www.record.com.mx/columnistas-david-medrano/puebla-espera-que-valor-de-cavallini-aumente-en-copa-oro

https://www.diariocambio.com.mx/2019/marcador-final/item/18666-quien-quiera-hacerse-con-los-servicios-de-cavallini-debera-pagar-10-millones-de-dolares

A couple articles on the Cavallini transfer situation. The first one states that Puebla are trying to wait until after the Gold Cup to sell him, hoping that he will put in a few good performances to raise his value. A few posters had predicted that this would be the case. The second article says that Puebla are asking $10 million for Cavallini, a number that his suitors are calling "exaggerated". Atlas, Monterrey, Leon and Cruz Azul are some of the teams still in the running, with the latter being the only ones to make a formal offer.

Well, so far so good...

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Well, so far so good...

Does anyone know why he took the PK from arfield? Did he think the first goal was an OG (which it was initially and it’s complete BS)?  Or did he say to Arfield “look I’m on the verge of a big move, let me pad my stats here”.

FWIW he looked upset leaving the pitch and at the end of the game he said something to Herdman.  Almost looked like he had tears. Maybe (hopefully) he felt bad about taking a PK from his captain and missing.

Edited by CanadaFan123

27 minutes ago, Addona said:

I love Cav, but he should not be allowed to take penalties anymore ... he’s still got a little bit of an immaturity thing where everything has to be cheeky.  Sometimes just a “boring” blast into the corner works just fine!

You have all the words I want to say. This is his personal lose today, but it would be a disaster for the team if this happens in a critical WCQ game.

Big defect with this kind of penalty shoot: 

When the goal keeper knows him  well and doesn't buy the trick, his chance of score would be zero. So, no more penalty kick for him until he change the immaturity style.

46 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Does anyone know why he took the PK from arfield? Did he think the first goal was an OG (which it was initially and it’s complete BS)?  Or did he say to Arfield “look I’m on the verge of a big move, let me pad my stats here”.

FWIW he looked upset leaving the pitch and at the end of the game he said something to Herdman.  Almost looked like he had tears. Maybe (hopefully) he felt bad about taking a PK from his captain and missing.

He probably said "You got your big contract with Rangers, let me score and get my big contract."

56 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Huh? He had a big grin leaving the pitch and was seen giggling with Herdman after the match and cracking jokes in the post-game interview that you can see on TSN's website.

14 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Huh? He had a big grin leaving the pitch and was seen giggling with Herdman after the match and cracking jokes in the post-game interview that you can see on TSN's website.

Maybe in the postgame interview but that’s not what I’m talking about.

After he was subbed he seemed to walk off and then after the match he was seen saying something to Herdman and he didn’t look happy... a little upset.  Herdman seemed to encourage him and then he walked to the pitch and said something to the refs.  So maybe completely unrelated but just seemed off.

Edited by CanadaFan123