WCQ: Haiti vs Canada - Saturday, June 12th, 5pm Eastern / 2pm Pacific - Stade Sylvio Cator, Port-au-Prince

1 hour ago, Addona said:

I think it’s very important for us to score in this match … even if that means taking a few risks.  I don’t want a 0-0 going back to Chicago.  It wouldn’t be the end of the world, but that away goals rule really scares me; they get a lucky one in Chicago, and all of a sudden, we need 2 and it becomes daunting.

Thank god our attack is our strength. I can't imagine us getting shutout to a team like Haiti. Even the nightmare Gold Cup lost we still scored twice haha

1 hour ago, frmr said:

Considering the weather conditions I wouldn't be expecting a high scoring match.

Yeah, me neither. And not just the weather conditions: civil unrest, the pandemic, travel.  If we can pot a goal or two, that'd be fantastic. Come away with a tie or win, and we are in excellent shape for the second leg.  

With a day out I believe it becomes a bit easier to predict weather.

Weather . com  still showing scattered T-Storms from 1pm-7pm Saturday at above 50% chance although seems to have a lower total rainfall. 

Seems to be clear skies after 7pm, I guess a decent possibility this game gets pushed back a bit. As a pre-caution I will be leaving my Saturday wide open for I don't miss a thing!

Tomorrow is match day but for me a whole agenda of games to get through like:

9am- Wales vs Switzerland 

12pm- Denmark vs Finland

3pm- Belgium vs Russia

But also have to watch my country of Ghana play tomorrow in a friendly against Ivory Coast

And then finally watch Haiti vs Canada 1st leg

A whole lot of soccer to watch especially when I'm at work tomorrow

14 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

My right one too, if I'm being honest.

Saturdays game landing in the middle of my birthday afternoon is gonna end up being some tricky waters to navigate!  Well, the afternoon will probably be fine, but that night has favourable odds of being a fun trainwreck!   😎

Hey cool, mine too.  Already warned the family that the birthday pints start early.  If I don't pass out in the cake, it'll be a win all around.

We need 2/3 players not named Davies & David to step up their game for team balance and force Haiti away from putting 2/3 defenders on our 2 Ds.  Cav, Larin, Laryea, Tajon, Millar or Theo. I am concerned with the physical treatment that Davies had to contend with v Suriname and I suspect both Ds are going to see much more of that in this series 

8 minutes ago, El Diego said:

If Mustivar and Nazon are out (maybe even Guerrier), we are getting pretty lucky.

Article from this morning confirming Nazon is still struggling with a leg injury. Believe Mustivar is confirmed out. 

https://www.ferisports.com/foot-selection-duckens-nazon-pourrait-manque-le-match-contre-le-canada/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by king1010

15 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Article from this morning confirming Nazon is still struggling with a leg injury. Believe Mustivar is confirmed out. 

https://www.ferisports.com/foot-selection-duckens-nazon-pourrait-manque-le-match-contre-le-canada/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Translation:

By Yvelande Hilaire

The Haitian team could be orphaned by Duckens Nazon this Saturday against Canada in the second round of the 2022 Qatar World Cup qualifiers. By the way, it would seem that the player does not feel fit to play after his outing on injury against Nicaragua (1-0) last Tuesday.

While the Haitian team is preparing to face Canada tomorrow at the Sylvio Cator Stadium for the first leg of the second phase of the Qatar 2022 World Cup qualifiers and should not be mistaken, if they want to qualify for the third round. Jean-Jacques Pierre is on the verge of losing an important player in his squad who could be conspicuous by his absence, it is Duckens Nazon one of the best players in the group.

Indeed, yesterday Thursday morning, the Duke trained alone and did not participate in the collective training session. Against Nicaragua, the player had remained on the ground during the second part of the match and Jean-Jacques Pierre had resorted to a change, since then his left leg no longer responds.

Hopefully, even if Duckens Nazon misses the first leg at Sylvio Stadium this Saturday, June 12, he will be fit to play the return leg on Tuesday, June 15 in Canada.

18 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Indeed, yesterday Thursday morning, the Duke trained alone and did not participate in the collective training session. Against Nicaragua, the player had remained on the ground during the second part of the match and Jean-Jacques Pierre had resorted to a change, since then his left leg no longer responds.

That is a pretty significant injury for a soccer player.

6 hours ago, El Hombre said:

Hey cool, mine too.  Already warned the family that the birthday pints start early.  If I don't pass out in the cake, it'll be a win all around.

This is a tricky one for me as well, it's my wife's birthday, I did spend her birthday in 2012 at BMO watching us draw with Honduras in a match we should have won, a couple of hours watching football at supper time shouldn't affect our long time marriage, restaurants are closed anyway! 🤣

48 minutes ago, sstackho said:

I’m making a reasonable assumption that this is today's flight, which is delayed 1.5 hours so far.  ☹️

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ881/history/20210611/1800Z/KMDW/MTPP

Thanks for the link. Interesting to see that the weather delays are increasing at Chicago Midway. We're almost at 2 and a half hours now.

I wonder if we'll see one of the usual Canada Soccer videos of the MNT arriving and training before a match, or if we just skip it this time, given that we probably want to get in and get out as quickly as possible. 😂