WCQ: Haiti vs Canada - Saturday, June 12th, 5pm Eastern / 2pm Pacific - Stade Sylvio Cator, Port-au-Prince

1 hour ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Eriksen collapsed on the field mid game. Chest compressions and he got shocked. 

Good grief! I slept in and am still watching Wales ... first I've heard about it.

Wow ... though I guess if you heart is going to stop, having paramedics watching you when it happens is probably the best situation.

Just now, scullion44 said:

I didn't mean to hijack the thread with my initial comment, sorry. I just felt like I needed to say something.

With that being said now that it seems Eriksen is doing well, I feel better about tonights game.

absolutely. the guys on espn are making it out that the whole tournament should be cancelled, the denmark players: "we're finishing this game tonight!".

back to haiti now....

Some financial motivation for Haiti. Guerrier has offered $4,000 to his teammates if they defeat us tonight.

Foot - Élim CDM 2022: Donald Guerrier's promise to boost the Grenadiers! - Media Sport Haiti

Google translation: "Indeed, there will be something more to gain for the Haitian squad if they manage to topple Canada this Saturday at the Sylvio Cator Stadium. Jean-Jacques Pierre's men will have 4000 US dollars to distribute among themselves, promised the player of the Apollon Limassol, Donald Guerrier."