WCQ: Haiti vs Canada - Saturday, June 12th, 5pm Eastern / 2pm Pacific - Stade Sylvio Cator, Port-au-Prince

26 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

After our performance against Suriname, I feel uncharacteristically calm and confident about tomorrow. Tough to see us not getting a result and scoring goals in the process. 

Yeah, I was way more nervous about Suriname than I am even about the away leg against Haiti - which is pretty odd considering they beat us the last time we played them.  I suspect part of the reason is all the time we had to sit around stewing about Suriname whereas this has been almost immediate. 

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I was way more nervous about Suriname than I am even about the away leg against Haiti - which is pretty odd considering they beat us the last time we played them.  I suspect part of the reason is all the time we had to sit around stewing about Suriname whereas this has been almost immediate. 

Plus having two legs makes me feel better about an outlier result. 

Yeah for me it is a combination of the fact we have two leg, and the fact we played so well earlier this week. 

On the second point, I think it goes a little understated how much better David and Davies have become. They were always our two best players, but they are both way better players now than last time we played Haiti. 

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

After our performance against Suriname, I feel uncharacteristically calm and confident about tomorrow. Tough to see us not getting a result and scoring goals in the process. 

My thoughts exactly. I think Suriname is actually inferior in terms of talent, no one comes close to scaring me on Haiti like Becker did leading up to the game too. I'm going 2-0 goals by David and Larin. 

Edited by canadasoccer20

Haiti worries me in that sense that while they are not as good as Suriname talent wise, they know how to CONCACAF a lot better, and I fully expect them to resort to shithousery and the invocation of the dark arts of the sport if it means leveling the playing field, and some of our younger players have yet to experience that side of CONCACAF

Morning fellas...game day is here!

Really looking forward to this one. Less nervous than thr Suriname game, even though we will be facing a better team. Weaker on paper, but I think it was Dunfield who said their randomess makes them dangerous. I agree with that. We'll have to be sharp again and put away our chances. 

Going with the same scoreline I had us beating Suriname by, 2-0.

4 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

Haiti worries me in that sense that while they are not as good as Suriname talent wise, they know how to CONCACAF a lot better, and I fully expect them to resort to shithousery and the invocation of the dark arts of the sport if it means leveling the playing field, and some of our younger players have yet to experience that side of CONCACAF

I agree, we may see some real crazy things going on on the pitch, our team will need to be very disciplined because I can guarantee this is going to be ugly, hopefully we don't get anyone sent off and don't give up any phantom penalties!

30 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Comeon! offering

Haiti 5.00

Draw 3.70

Canada 1.62

I don't know how confident I feel especially after Suriname because Haiti is a much different opponent and Haiti they are set up probably more than what Suriname was especially offensively but defensively they seem pretty sound too. Which is why I'm expecting a tight game. It will be a draw in this first leg.

6 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I don't know how confident I feel especially after Suriname because Haiti is a much different opponent and Haiti they are set up probably more than what Suriname was especially offensively but defensively they seem pretty sound too. Which is why I'm expecting a tight game. It will be a draw in this first leg.

There’s value in a draw at 3.70!