WCQ: Haiti vs Canada - Saturday, June 12th, 5pm Eastern / 2pm Pacific - Stade Sylvio Cator, Port-au-Prince

Just now, Addona said:

I'll believe that Nazon is out when the line-ups are published and he's not on it ... could just be gamesmanship at this point.

The reports that he was training alone appear to be true. He still has 2 days to recover.

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

"Released on injury before the hour mark last Tuesday during the match against Nicaragua (1-0), the Haitian striker may well not participate in the match against Canada, the Duke seems to be embarrassed in his left leg and not not sent free on this footing. The collective training session of this Thursday morning open to the public did not smile on Nazon, in which he did not participate because he tripped alone, by contenting himself with jogging. The 4th top scorer in the history of the Grenadiers did not take part in the various collective workshops. Everything suggests that Nazon is very uncertain to play this first leg this Saturday afternoon at the Sylvio Cator stadium."

Love the "embarrassed in his left leg" :P

On 6/9/2021 at 7:14 AM, narduch said:

The don't let Palestine or Syria host home WCQ. There is no reason this game should be allowed to be played in Haiti after what happened to Belize.

Even more true when the Canadian bus is carrying players worth $100+ million dollars. That makes it a big target. It boggles me that this game is going ahead in Haiti and I worry for our players.

15 hours ago, Macksam said:

It was a cheap shot no doubt but the fact he played without any issues after indicates it was nothing serious. 

Allegedly.

I mean - him not responding to calls for years means it was pretty much right on the head.

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Are you in Spain, just wondering. 

I'm finding understanding the new division setup quite hard. 

No but looked at it a bit

The 2020-21 Segunda B was huge in the number of teams and in determining who would play in which tier in the upcoming season. 102 teams participated:

4 of them went up to Segunda División

36 will stay in the third tier, Primera División RFEF, joined by 4 relegated teams to form the 40 teams. 2 groups of 20 split geographically playing home and away in their group so 38 games. Winners of each group are promoted and then places 2 to 5 of each group go to playoffs for the last two promotion spots

36 will be in the fourth tier, Segunda División RFEF, which will be 90 teams, 5 groups of 18

26 drop to the fifth tier, Tercera División RFEF, which will be 324 teams, 18 groups of 18

Then the regional divisions start at tier six

1 minute ago, johnyb said:

I get why they want to spend as little time as possible in Haiti but I hope they at least get 1 practice in, on the field they will be playing on.

They should, after they arrive on Friday I believe. They may not even spend Saturday night there, and fly back right away.

They did this for the last match in San Pedro Sula.

37 minutes ago, Big_M said:

No but looked at it a bit

The 2020-21 Segunda B was huge in the number of teams and in determining who would play in which tier in the upcoming season. 102 teams participated:

4 of them went up to Segunda División

36 will stay in the third tier, Primera División RFEF, joined by 4 relegated teams to form the 40 teams. 2 groups of 20 split geographically playing home and away in their group so 38 games. Winners of each group are promoted and then places 2 to 5 of each group go to playoffs for the last two promotion spots

36 will be in the fourth tier, Segunda División RFEF, which will be 90 teams, 5 groups of 18

26 drop to the fifth tier, Tercera División RFEF, which will be 324 teams, 18 groups of 18

Then the regional divisions start at tier six

I try to follow because some years I see matches in every tier. Often a weekend meant choosing a stadium I'd never been to. You get invested in some clubs and want them to promote. You get to know these lower tier players. 

Miki was in 4th tier for a few years, so going up to 2B meant a proper pro income. With these players Haiti is playing way over their heads, I think it's a motivational thing. We really should never have let them bend us last time, they were broken. 

53 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

I was listening to a FB live from Haiti football federation.

https://fb.watch/62fBw99jWg/

@ 1:00 I could heard that Soni Mustivar left the Nicaragua game early because he was mad and that he left the team. Not sure if the media guy said that a second player will be missing Canada game. Couldn’t heard what he was saying.

Read on twitter he left the team due to injury. 

21 minutes ago, One American said:

Canada should not lose this. Not nearly as much talent as Suriname, although more time together as a team. 

The challenge is the environment more than the team.

Artificial pitch. High heat and humidity. An environment where they don't necessarily feel comfortable.

I think it’s very important for us to score in this match … even if that means taking a few risks.  I don’t want a 0-0 going back to Chicago.  It wouldn’t be the end of the world, but that away goals rule really scares me; they get a lucky one in Chicago, and all of a sudden, we need 2 and it becomes daunting.

Edited by Addona