WCQ: Haiti vs Canada - Saturday, June 12th, 5pm Eastern / 2pm Pacific - Stade Sylvio Cator, Port-au-Prince

17 minutes ago, Shway said:

I'm not against Arfield...but stop treating him like he's the messiah..."the team would be A LOT better with him in it".
The team would be better with a fully fit Osorio - let's start there.

We have quality, quality players in the midfield with each player bringing in individual skillsets. I don't think we would see a massive difference, as last night each of those guys played their role. 

Let's respect the guys who are here and committed to the job of getting us to the Ocho.

With 3 game windows, we'll need a big squad anyways.

Thank you

56 minutes ago, Razcal said:

No thanks, he doesn't want to be here for the most important games to canada in what... 8 years?

Thank you for your services, they will not be required in the future.

Stupid... why would you even want him here when he's fucking injured? 

He was out for over 2 months with a sprained ankle. Came back, played a couple weeks, sprained his ankle again and was out the rest of the season aside from coming on in the championship game when the game was over and jogged around leisurely. 

Why would we want someone who's not 100% to accept the call? And then get butthurt when he prefers to rest? Boggles my mind. 

Edited by Hawkguy

17 minutes ago, Kent said:

From the starting 11's of the 2019 game, the following players aren't in the current camp.

Canada - Arfield, Hutch, Cornelius, Godinho

Haiti - Jean-Baptiste, Saba

All the goal scorers from that game are in the current camps.

I just saw on Reddit that Guerrier ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilde-Donald_Guerrier ) will not be there. There is some dispute about being paid by the football association.

He was the one who scored the winning goal against us!

Edit: In fact he wasn't in the line-up for last night's game.

Edited by Ruffian

29 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I just saw on Reddit that Guerrier ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilde-Donald_Guerrier ) will not be there. There is some dispute about being paid by the football association.

He was the one who scored the winning goal against us!

Edit: In fact he wasn't in the line-up for last night's game.

Wild. He's an important player for them.

Would you mind sharing the Reddit link?

Edited by CanadaFan123

2 hours ago, MtlMario said:

I hope I don't have to read too many comments of how dangerous it's going to be going to Haiti, covid, flights to Haiti and back to Chicago blah blah blah. We are going to crush them these 2 games. It's time to stop with the excuses and play like we're a top 3 team. As we get closer to game time I'll take out the crystal ball.

YOU GO!  @MtlMario

Overall Haiti has...

3 Players from Ligue 2 (French 2nd Tier)

3 Players from the Cypriot 1st Division (1st Tier)

2 Players from Championat National (French 3rd Tier)

1 Player from the Belgian Jupiler League (1st Tier)

1 Player from Romanian Liga I (1st Tier)

1 Player from MLS (1st Tier)

1 Player from the Segunda Division B (Spanish 3rd Tier but relegated BUT also are moving to 5th Tier because of a new 3rd Tier league) 

1 Player from the Kazakhstan Premier League (1st Tier) 

1 Player from Danish SuperLiga (1st Tier)

1 Player from the NISA (American 3rd Tier) 

1 Player from the Canadian Premier League (1st Tier)

1 Player from Ecuadorian Seria A (1st Tier)

1 Player from Ligue Haïtienne (1st Tier)

1 Player from the Campeonato de Portugal (3rd Tier but 4th tier next year due to new 3rd Tier League)

1 Player from Parva Liga (Bulgarian 1st Tier)

Edited by Atlantic

We have to be thankful for the experience in playing Suriname just before this series. We needed to get our feet wet in a match against a team of pros and we did. Suriname is a better squad on paper vs. Haiti but this will be a step up given the away factor and experience of Haiti. 

I think Haiti will be a little disadvantaged having not played a real solid national team in the lead up.

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

We have to be thankful for the experience in playing Suriname just before this series. We needed to get our feet wet in a match against a team of pros and we did. Suriname is a better squad on paper vs. Haiti but this will be a step up given the away factor and experience of Haiti. 

I think Haiti will be a little disadvantaged having not played a real solid national team in the lead up.

I said it a few weeks back, but we had the perfect schedule in this part of the qualification process.  We initially faced the group minnow in Cayman Islands, then the slightly stronger Aruba. We had a more challenging but entirely beatable test in Suriname and now we face a Haitian team that will be even tougher (especially given the home and away setup) but which we should ultimately win.  You couldn’t ask for a gentler, more progressive path to the Ocho.

And all of this after we were collectively freaking out about the changes that were announced months back re using the CONCACAF rankings and how things never go our way.  Well chin up lads because the tide is turning. 

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Why? Because with that front 3...you actually have a potent attack...they utilize it practically all the time with other national teams and it manages to work so why shouldn't Canada do it?

So with Davies in the front 3 we don't have a potent attack?  Even though he has a yellow card you still have to start your best player in the first game. And it allows you to bring in Cav or Larin in the 2nd half for fresh legs against a tired defence.

On paper they’re a big step down from Suriname, based off  clubs they play for. I know everyone is bringing up the 3-2 game but I remember us dominating at the start, I forget if we took our foot off the pedal but I think we straight up dominated the first half. I know Godinho was coming off an injury and was put in a tough spot, this time at RB we have the option of three in form players. 

I think we’ll look much less nervy this time around since it’s 2 legs, I don’t see why we can’t dominate them in the midfield and create even more chances than we did against Suriname. I also like how we play the first leg in Haiti, given everything going on there it helps getting the away game out of the way first.

5 minutes ago, shamrock said:

In a two game series, victory should be ours unless something really unfortunate happens like an early red card in the second leg or something. I'd put us down for least 70%. 

Do I dare say the "C" word??  I would hate to see a Jon Rahm moment happen for our guys.

5 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Do I dare say the "C" word??  I would hate to see a Jon Rahm moment happen for our guys.

Yeah this part scares me a little bit too, Haiti’s cases have been rising again the last couple weeks and they recently just had one of the highest days of new cases since the pandemic started. Like someone said above, fly them in the day of the game and go straight to the stadium and stay there and then immediately fly out after the game. 

1 minute ago, Atlantic said:

Yeah this part scares me a little bit too, Haiti’s cases have been rising again the last couple weeks and they recently just had one of the highest days of new cases since the pandemic started. Like someone said above, fly them in the day of the game and go straight to the stadium and stay there and then immediately fly out after the game. 

That's a 6.5 hour flight. Probably better to fly in the day before and fly out right after the game.

4 hours ago, Ruffian said:

If the main-stream media does pick up these Canada-Haiti games I hope they find the bus hold up scene and use it. It is a great narrative along with the revenge story.

In my experience, if the mainstream media does pick it up, they will completely ignore the match and blame the incident on soccer.