WCQ: Haiti vs Canada - Saturday, June 12th, 5pm Eastern / 2pm Pacific - Stade Sylvio Cator, Port-au-Prince

5 minutes ago, jtpc said:

Some financial motivation for Haiti. Guerrier has offered $4,000 to his teammates if they defeat us tonight.

Foot - Élim CDM 2022: Donald Guerrier's promise to boost the Grenadiers! - Media Sport Haiti

Google translation: "Indeed, there will be something more to gain for the Haitian squad if they manage to topple Canada this Saturday at the Sylvio Cator Stadium. Jean-Jacques Pierre's men will have 4000 US dollars to distribute among themselves, promised the player of the Apollon Limassol, Donald Guerrier."

This is just Guerrier taking a stab at the FHF as part of his pay dispute with them, the innuendo being that the FHF do not pay their players (or if they do, they inevitably pay them late).

13 minutes ago, jtpc said:

Some financial motivation for Haiti. Guerrier has offered $4,000 to his teammates if they defeat us tonight.

Foot - Élim CDM 2022: Donald Guerrier's promise to boost the Grenadiers! - Media Sport Haiti

Google translation: "Indeed, there will be something more to gain for the Haitian squad if they manage to topple Canada this Saturday at the Sylvio Cator Stadium. Jean-Jacques Pierre's men will have 4000 US dollars to distribute among themselves, promised the player of the Apollon Limassol, Donald Guerrier."

This guy is nutty. Holding out for money and offering his teammates money to do it without him. Some things I’ve read about his time in Poland... quite the (bad) character. Apparently showed up there saying he didn’t drink and then ended up partying every night and throwing money everywhere.

Doesn’t matter whose in the lineup in my view.  We are underdogs away from home and with a loss last time playing them. Until we prove we can win difficult games with regularity we are underdogs in every match - even home ones - here on in. Next two and then hypothetically the next   14+ Games 

2 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Doesn’t matter whose in the lineup in my view.  We are underdogs away from home and with a loss last time playing them. Until we prove we can win difficult games with regularity we are underdogs in every match - even home ones - here on in. Next two and then hypothetically the next   14+ Games 

As far as I see it it wouldn't matter if the missing players were in the lineup. We are the favourite and we should act like it. Can't be scared of these teams anymore. We are a better team than the one that lost at the gold cup 2 years ago and it's time to go out and show that