Jonathan David

Vince193

3 minutes ago, lowlander said:

Watching that half I think that David plays better with Weah, not with Ikone and Bamba. But he is making it work. Also I had the impression last year that Yilmaz regarded him as the apprentice, this year he seems to have more appreciation for David.

I think that is the intangible that a lot of people miss when they lobby for David to move ASAP.  The style of play may not be ideal but David is being forced to evolve and adapt to other styles.  And he is at the right age where that sort of evolution will be beneficial.  Most guys don’t get to be a Xavi or Iniesta who get to play in a system tailored for them their whole career - most have to play in different systems and learn to maximize their role regardless.   That is what Lille has forced David to do and I don’t think he is worse for it.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

6 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

That wasn’t the case earlier in the season, Navas still had the starting job.  Great to see he will be inactive going into the Edmonton game.

Donnarumma joined the team late I think. Was given an extended break after the Euros. 

1 minute ago, frmr said:

I've noticed that David always tries to side foot off the half-volley. I wish he would just put his laces through those.

When he misses he almost always misses over.  Seems like something he could adjust.  Even on his goal that ball went way higher than a normal side foot like that should go.