Jonathan David

Vince193

1 hour ago, frmr said:

Sucks that Lille couldn't hold on for the win, but in other news JONATHAN DAVID HYPE TRAIN CONTINUES.

I need to inject more Liverpool transfer rumours into my veins.

Lille is just an uneven team, everything came together for them last year to win the title in Jonathan's first year with the club. We all know what PSG did to load up on weapons with an eye towards Champions League success. But man is JD fun to watch. 

I love that Lille wins the league last year and we all still want him to go to a "big club". I mean, I get Lille aren't a household name like PSG, but at least Lille won the friggin league last year! David cant go much higher, maybe only a top 5 in the world club. 

Pinch me, just a few years ago while living in Europe my buddies would laugh at the idea of Canada Soccer in general. Look at us now! 

^ Lille aren't coming close to winning anything this year.  Or more accurately I'll feel surprised to the point of dizzy if they come anywhere close to winning anything this campaign.

That said from what I've seen Lille look more a team this year, they just don't have the class, harsh though that sounds.  Some of the showboats maybe got a taste of reality in the close season when the transfer offers didn't come in?  Or maybe the realization that Yilmaz isn't going to produce the sort of season he had last year.  Don't know.  But certain players I was critical of last season seem to be wearing the blinders a little less tight so far.  An overall improvement but still, isn't going to be enough.

If David sees a third season at Lille I'll eat my hat.