General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

True. Very true. However, to be fair:

21 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The V's (circa 2008-2013, starting Adrian Cann, Matt Stinson, etc…)

Build a stadium in Nunavut and freeze those CONCACAFing bastards!

Also the V's (circa 2020 forward, thinking of Phonzie’s ankles):

It may be too cold in...( insert city) & ( insert month) 🥶 

:D

As far as what Phonzie thinks of his own ankles, see SthMelbRed’s post above. 

I'm pretty excited to make the trip up to Edmonton. Getting to Toronto from out here has been tough to work out, so I'll happily go freeze my ass off and yell at some guys chasing a ball. I agree Costa Rica should see the bigger crowd. Maybe the game is so good a bunch of people are inspired to drive back for Tuesday!

On 10/2/2021 at 12:07 PM, frmr said:

Jebbison and Corbeanu both unused subs today. Some great loan spells so far...

Guys would be better off being loaned in the MLS , look what the MLS has done to a guy like Taejon  and Davies. Would love to see how those two guys would do in the MLS at their young age.

24 minutes ago, Addona said:

Not sure where this should go, but I haven’t seen it posted. Top 100 CMNT players in FIFA 22:

https://www.fifaratings.com/country/canada

15 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Criminally low rating for Tajon.  Behind St Clair?  Nyet.  

Does anyone actually think Vitoria is our 5th best CB?

Yeah there's a lot of head scratchers there, but it's game after all... an awesome game!... but still just a game.

In the build up to games, I want to read about people’s thinking on formations and lineups, whether or not  there may be a surprise commitment from a coveted dual, and always keeping an eye out for injuries.  

On game day, things are a complete write off for obvious reasons.  The fanaticism goes into overdrive, as we assess the formation and lineups and do a live play by play for the 10s of other people that read these threads.

And then after the game comes the inevitable musings about player ratings, the post mortem of anything that went wrong, and the implications for the next game for cards etc.  Then the next game comes along and you repeat the cycle.  

And then there is a short hiatus and you do it all again for the next window.  Wash, rinse, repeat until March.  

What I am saying is that I am going to be very unproductive for the next 6 months.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

In the build up to games, I want to read about people’s thinking on formations and lineups, whether or not  there may be a surprise commitment from a coveted dual, and always keeping an eye out for injuries.  

On game day, things are a complete write off for obvious reasons.  The fanaticism goes into overdrive, as we assess the formation and lineups and do a live play by play for the 10s of other people that read these threads.

And then after the game comes the inevitable musings about player ratings, the post mortem of anything that went wrong, and the implications for the next game for cards etc.  Then the next game comes along and you repeat the cycle.  

And then there is a short hiatus and you do it all again for the next window.  Wash, rinse, repeat until March.  

What I am saying is that I am going to be very unproductive for the next 6 months.  

Plus they are going to slap an Olympics in one of those hiatuses.

I'm providing this link for those posters who claim there isn't a 60 men roster. You're right. It's a 61 men roster. Herdman selects his final roster from this pool. Before the next window if your favourite player is not on this list he won't be on the team. On the other hand if before the next window a player suddenly appears on this list he has a good chance of becoming part of the final roster.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/national-teams/excel-teams/?gender=male&teamId=2068

5 minutes ago, theaub said:

I'm not one for the gatekeeping myself but had a good lol at this tweet

That's a silly tweet from Forrest. Years ago I can remember him complaining about dual nationals not joining CANMNT. Here is Drake - who may or may not be a jock sniffer - throwing the spotlight on the national team and Forrest insults him. I take that back. It's not a silly tweet. It's a stupid tweet.

32 minutes ago, theaub said:

I'm not one for the gatekeeping myself but had a good lol at this tweet

Such a bad look and disappointing tweet from someone still around the program. Drake has donated/sponsored/helped raise millions of dollars for Canada Basketball and local basketball programs and courts. Are you putting that money in to the soccer program Craig? Then STFU cause he may. No one cares you don't like his music, image, or his fandom cause all the players who matter certainly seem to.  I'm not some huge drake guy  and was very leery when the raptors partnership started, but there's zero question he has helped their image with players and if he can do that for guys like Flores, Jebbison, etc that's a huge potential win. Especially as a dual citizen himself who chooses to represent canada.

Sit down boomer