General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

On 9/28/2021 at 8:34 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I had this exact problem for about 3 weeks and then about a week ago it fixed itself. To be clear I didn't do anything; it just started working again.

Yeah I thought it must have been some sort of auto correct mess up. 

57 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

If FC Edmonton matches are any indication, I think half capacity would be a miracle.

The only similarity between FC Edmonton and the CanMNT is that they both play soccer.

I think Canada will draw extremely well there given the magnitude of the matches, the opponents, and the Davies factor. 

I think we all kind of had a hunch this was coming with the CSA needing to test out Edmonton ahead of the WC bid but does this seem a bit crazy to anyone else? 

Average daily high temperatures in Edmonton during November are 1 degree... I have no doubt this will prove an advantage but wow... 

EDIT: kind of wish these games were against those countries that always schedule mid-day peak heat matches like Cuba or Honduras. 

Edited by Yoginess

4 hours ago, RS said:

The only similarity between FC Edmonton and the CanMNT is that they both play soccer.

I think Canada will draw extremely well there given the magnitude of the matches, the opponents, and the Davies factor. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Costa Rica match out draws the Mexico match, just because of the schedule advantage, for the travelling support anyway.

A positive result against Costa Rica and some good weather Tuesday could really drive the gate for Mexico.  It goes without saying it's up to Alberta to make this into an event.

8 hours ago, narduch said:

"on a surface they won't be happy with" and did they ask their own players on this? Cause I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the Canadian players aren't thrilled they're gonna play on concrete.

It's such a dilemma. Playing away from the the typical 3 Canada cities lowers the chance have having Mexican fans take over the stadium (heck, we also have to hope the weather doesn't scare away Canada fans too), on the other hand, the playing conditions are awful and could back fire on our own players.

Edited by Colliedor

9 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

"on a surface they won't be happy with" and did they ask their own players on this? Cause I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the Canadian players aren't thrilled they're gonna play on concrete.

It's such a dilemma. Playing away from the the typical 3 Canada cities lowers the chance have having Mexican fans take over the stadium, on the other hand, the playing conditions are awful and could back fire on our own players.

I’m gonna go with yes.

28 minutes ago, TheDoon said:

Are the tickets for sale yet!?  

Edmonton will show Toronto how to fill a stadium. 

Right now it it is two very different situations that you can really compare, due to a difference is capacity levels, political climates and some of the different views towards the pandemic. We are certainly not out of the woods yet. That is not to say that Edmonton will not bring out a big crowd, but comparing one place to another right now is apples and oranges. 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Back home in Alberta for these.  Looking forward to seeing the team for the first time in years. 

That is great to hear, being away from something you love is always tough. I am sure Edmonton will do these games well. 

22 hours ago, Yoginess said:

Edmonton...but does this seem a bit crazy to anyone else? 

The V's :

Build a stadium in Nunavut and freeze those CONCACAFing bastards!

Also the V's :

It may be too cold in...( insert city) & ( insert month) 🥶 

:D

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

21 hours ago, spinrack said:

Full capacity is also allowed in Montreal.

Please not in Montreal no matter how many people we could pack in! I still haven't shaken off the 2008 qualifier vs Honduras, where me and my buddies thought we were on vacation in Central America. 80% Latin American crowd. A proper away game for the men's team that night. I'll drive to Toronto, fly to Edmonton gladly instead of risking a game here.

19 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

JH: "Phonsie, we're thinking of playing 2 matches in Edmon..."

AD19: "Fuck, yes!"

JH: "What about the weath..."

AD19: "Fuck, yes!"

JH: "How about the artific..."

AD19: "Bitch, did I stutter the first 2 times?"

Now that is fucking funny.