General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

41 minutes ago, Mattd97 said:

you should probably keep your awesome jokes to yourself when you have the canada soccer logo in your profile picture. Roll your eyes as much as you like while you bite your lip. 

We shouldn't, he shouldn't, really be mocking anyone for getting excited about cheering for Canada.

While we still have free speech he is entitled to express what he thinks about the direction of the program.  He above most people has earned it.

I used to respect him, but old age and not giving a fly fig has caught up to him and Shannon.  They don't have two clues anymore, I watched a show about a year ago and he had someone on he had on several times in the years before and kept saying his name wrong until the commercial where someone must have corrected him.

Drake is still in his prime, or at worst slightly outside of his prime.

In other words he's Scott Arfield in the fall of 2019 😁

Eminem and Jay-Z are more like Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore. Way past it and should have retired a long time ago.

Atiba is like Nas. Timeless legend. Half man half amazing :)

9 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

While we still have free speech he is entitled to express what he thinks about the direction of the program.  He above most people has earned it.

How on earth is this a free speech issue, and if it is why don't I have free speech to express my opinion on what he thinks? It's almost as if you, along with me, are not the government and have literally zero to so with someone's right to free speech, and me criticizing someone's decision on what and where to say it is not the same as somehow legally stopping him from being able to say it

He can do or say whatever the Hell he wants, my point is that it would be wise not to unless he's suddenly flushing cash in to the CSA cauffers

Edited by Mattd97

3 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

It's not a matter of free speech, he can say whatever he wants but not when he has Canada Soccer as his logo. Tbh, if he didn't have logo on his profile I probably would not have cared as much, but because he has that there, he is representing Canada Soccer and many who may see it and not know who Craig Forrest could see him as speaking for Canada Soccer... so all in all not a great look

6 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I never get the idea that free speech = say whatever dumb shit you want. 

The issue isn’t whether not he is entitled to say it if he chooses.  The issue is that it is a dumb thing to say.  

5 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

It's not a matter of free speech, he can say whatever he wants but not when he has Canada Soccer as his logo. Tbh, if he didn't have logo on his profile I probably would not have cared as much, but because he has that there, he is representing Canada Soccer and many who may see it and not know who Craig Forrest could see him as speaking for Canada Soccer... so all in all not a great look

Logo doesn't matter, unless he has an agreement with the CSA he can say what the hell he wants.  And alternatively, they have the freedom to get rid of him if he is an employee (I can't remember if he is)

15 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Nobody on this board has tried to stop him from expressing what he thinks. So stop with this free speech canard. Some of us just expressed what we thought of him insulting a fan of the team. You do want more fans for this team, don't you? Or is fandom just for a select few? 

3 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

That would be something, who's first?

Hoping we might see Eustaquio to Prem and maybe one or two of Johnston, Kaye, Laryea to the Championship... maybe wishful thinking...

could someone repost that tweet showing which players are eligible for the work visa? Not sure if it was on another topic or buried a few pages up on this one

5 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Logo doesn't matter, unless he has an agreement with the CSA he can say what the hell he wants.  And alternatively, they have the freedom to get rid of him if he is an employee (I can't remember if he is)

Well I guess we'll agree to disagree, my friend

7 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Nobody on this board has tried to stop him from expressing what he thinks. So stop with this free speech canard. Some of us just expressed what we thought of him insulting a fan of the team. You do want more fans for this team, don't you? Or is fandom just for a select few? 

Maybe some of us have a little more experience to this situation than others, all I'm saying is I'm a little more sympatico with what Craig said than some here.   I'll leave it at that.  Shouldn't you be arguing your 60 man roster canard/conspiracy?

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

I never get the idea that free speech = say whatever dumb shit you want. 

The issue isn’t whether not he is entitled to say it if he chooses.  The issue is that it is a dumb thing to say.  

People use their free speech to say "dumb things" all the time, which is actually a good thing. Free speech allows society to collectively evaluate ideas and determine whether they are "good" or "bad", which helps to bring bad ideas out from the shadows and into the light.

But you're right that this particular conversation has nothing to do with Free Speech.

@Joe MacCarthy is right that Free speech is under attack in our society, that's why he says "while we have free" speech, implying that it will soon disappear. 

Off topic though in the context of what we are talking about. Nobody is throttling Craig Forrest on Twitter. 

5 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Maybe some of us have a little more experience to this situation than others, all I'm saying is I'm a little more sympatico with what Craig said than some here.   I'll leave it at that.  Shouldn't you be arguing you 60 man roster canard/conspiracy?

I thought you were a staunch defender of free speech and here you are trying to curtail what I speak about.

Edited by Sal333

1 minute ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Nope, have at 'er.  I just don't want to get in trouble with what I say.

That's a ridiculous comment. Who on this board is going make trouble for you? The worst that will happen is they may insult you and they'll get banned.

2 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

4 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

That's a ridiculous comment. Who on this board is going make trouble for you? The worst that will happen is they may insult you and they'll get banned.

You say that living in today's society where everyone and anyone can make trouble for you by retweeting, posting video etc.  Ok

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

SOOO ANYWAYS....does anyone think the CSA will be on the ball enough to use all this exposure and excitement to do anything positive??  What can we objectively turn this into.....corp sponsors. tim hortons commercials where Doniel Henry refuses to move and let someone in line??  We have to turn this into something, my 20ish nephews are asking me about who davies is, where does Bayern play and when the world cup is.  

4 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

SOOO ANYWAYS....does anyone think the CSA will be on the ball enough to use all this exposure and excitement to do anything positive??  What can we objectively turn this into.....corp sponsors. tim hortons commercials where Doniel Henry refuses to move and let someone in line??  We have to turn this into something, my 20ish nephews are asking me about who davies is, where does Bayern play and when the world cup is.  

They should have had the Edmonton tickets on sale already. Heck maybe even for January in Vancouver