Cyle Larin

shermanator

His club has been in the upper half of the table all season. They are sitting in 6th at the moment. Cyle Larin is statistically their best attacker, with 6 G and 5 A in 15 Belgian First Division games. He also scored a goal in the Belgian Cup. 

Remember in Belgium the top 6 will play in the Championship round. David and Gent were involved in this last season. If ZW can sneak in this year, Larin could do some damage on the big clubs and perhaps attract some suitors.

The path back to Besiktas will be tough. The Turkish player who came in for the CF role is a Super Lig vet and a 50-time capped Turkish international with over 20 goals. He has nearly scored a goal every other game for Besiktas and has worn the armband on occasion this season. 

Considering all of that, yes I wouldn't be mad if Larin's loan became permanent. Even better if a bigger club in Belgium buy him...

Edited by Obinna

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/canada-usmnt-preview-nations-league-john-herdman-interview/ 

Herdman states Larin was picked for the squad but has genuine personal reasons why he can’t be there. Also, Hutchinson has been in regular contact with Herdman and he hasn’t closed the door on Canada yet but he’s no spring chicken so his minutes have to be managed. 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/mls/canada-usmnt-preview-nations-league-john-herdman-interview/ 

Herdman states Larin was picked for the squad but has genuine personal reasons why he can’t be there. Also, Hutchinson has been in regular contact with Herdman and he hasn’t closed the door on Canada yet but he’s no spring chicken so his minutes have to be managed. 

With regards to Hutch, he’ll be 37 in February. It appears his body is telling him he cant handle the punishment of international duty.

At what point do Hutch and Herdman mutually agree that its time to move to the next chapter and allow for the younger guys who have been in camp to take the torch. I mean technically they already have but you can only “leave the door open” for so long at his age. 

Also glad to hear Larin was picked, hope to see him in the new year. 

Edited by king1010

24 minutes ago, king1010 said:

With regards to Hutch, he’ll be 37 in February. It appears his body is telling him he cant handle the punishment of international duty.

At what point do Hutch and Herdman mutually agree that its time to move to the next chapter and allow for the younger guys who have been in camp to take the torch. I mean technically they already have but you can only “leave the door open” for so long at his age. 

I confidently believe that once we get to see what Estaquio is really capable of the “will Hutch accept the call” anxiety ahead of each camp will dissipate. 

31 minutes ago, king1010 said:

I think we will see the return of Hutch if he signs with a club in Canada. A lot less travel than from Turkey.

1 hour ago, soccer.shocker said:

I confidently believe that once we get to see what Estaquio is really capable of the “will Hutch accept the call” anxiety ahead of each camp will dissipate. 

I think it has already gone. The supporters understand we have a 37yo legend, still playing in a top European league. If he's there he's there. But we have Arfield, Piette, Osorio, Kaye all worthy of playing now. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Larin bangs in the insurance goal in the 92nd minute as Zulte beat Mechelen 2-0.  

Coolly slotted home between the keepers legs

After the penalty miss, when he first got to Belgium, he has picked himself up and gradually has grown into a very confident and useful player for them.  Always a handful and normally works hard. 

Would like to see him get some games for Canada, if only he played in defence. 

1 hour ago, gator said:

With the marathon vs minnows awaiting us I am sure Larin will get the call, hopefully his good form continues because he may be well needed with injuries and other availability issues bound to happen with our forwards!

With the way Cav played last game and if we insist on having a traditional 9 Larin is my choice to start. Cavallini off the bench is a much better option 

29 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

With the way Cav played last game and if we insist on having a traditional 9 Larin is my choice to start. Cavallini off the bench is a much better option 

It's funny how quickly things change in a couple of months, Larin was out of the MNT picture and we were all singing the praises of Cavallini, Larin's form in Belgium has changed all that! Cav struggled vs the US, so did David, that was a combination of the Americans playing well and our tactical set up being very poor, it will be nice to have 2 good options at #9!