Cyle Larin

shermanator

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Larin with the first and last goals for Zulte in a 6-0 win over Cercle Brugge.  The run of form continues.  Good stuff. I hope he makes it impossible for Herdman to leave him out the next time around. 

The guy cant win, stops getting starts right when the minnow massacre of 2018-2019 starts.  Now he is down a level, finding his footing and left out of a camp and guys still shit on him for wasting chances in past CMNT performances.   He needs to just keep on trucking and not worry about Herdman does or doesnt do.  

Only 2 goals behind David in the golden boot race in Belgium.  

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Larin goes the full game and bags the winner in the 93rd minute as Zulte win 2-1.

Good stuff.  I wonder if he gets the call from Herdman this time around.  

I like what he is bringing lately and I would even think of starting him up top depending on what formation we roll. David and Davies are still auto starters for me but the one thing that imo wasn't as good as it could have been was David as a target man/having to execute hold up against the US. Yeah he could have scored a couple with better finish but the overall play could have been better 

6 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

I like what he is bringing lately and I would even think of starting him up top depending on what formation we roll. David and Davies are still auto starters for me but the one thing that imo wasn't as good as it could have been was David as a target man/having to execute hold up against the US. Yeah he could have scored a couple with better finish but the overall play could have been better 

When Canada has tried to use Larin as a hold up striker it hasn't gone well.

6 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

Given his recent form, starting him is definitely worthy of discussion. But if David is dropped a bit further back id still start Cav in his place, with Larin subbed on if needed. 

15 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Given his recent form, starting him is definitely worthy of discussion. But if David is dropped a bit further back id still start Cav in his place, with Larin subbed on if needed. 

That is where I am still at as well.  But hard not to bring him into the squad at least with the way he is playing. 

18 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

6 goals, 6 assists in 15 games- 1,335 minutes.  Larin is off to a pretty hot start to the season.  

This kind of form may give him the playing time over Cavalini.

Everyone forgets his form for Canada while going off for Orlando. I wouldn’t give him the nod over Cavallini considering their past performances for Canada.

I would consider him as a good attacking option off the bench

It's amazing how quickly people just jump on the bandwagon and get ahead of themselves here..

Larin scores a couple of goals in Belgium (anyone even watching how well he performs? Just because he scored doesn't mean he's doing everything else right), people forget how poorly he performs for Canada, but sure, lets pick him over Cavallini. The guy who scored in Canada's last match, the guy who has been a consistent performer for us, unlike Larin. But sure...

I think Larin should be recalled for the match in Orlando, his old stomping grounds. He made his name at Orlando, had a controversial exit, and had haters say he wouldn't make it at Besiktas.

Fast forward 18 months and he's away from Besiktas on loan, but he's found his feet in Belgium. He's scoring and making assists, showing he has what it takes to make it in Europe.

Now would be an excellent opportunity to bring him back. He must have a chip on his shoulder and some new-found confidence. All the ingredients are there for Larin to have a big game in this one, whether from the bench or from the start.

I am curious if Larin asked to be left with the club knowing that he would likely be nailed to the bench for much of the US game.   He is doing well at the club right now and may have wanted to stay and build on that.   

Whatever it is, I hope he and Herdman are still good going forward.  Larin is still young and still could be a big contributor.