Cyle Larin

shermanator

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Better signs, so far.  Played 90' . With Gianni Bruno in the side.   

I found some highlights but they were short and all they showed me was that his team was pretty awful at taking penalties (not him) and at keeper.

Soccerway lists Larin as missing a penalty... is that incorrect?

2 hours ago, Reign said:

He isn’t close to good enough for the German top flight. If he didn’t make it in Turkey, and went to belgium. What makes you think he was good enough for Bundesliga ?

A mid/low tier team in Germany would have been a good start for him and his play style. He would have had a better chance there in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

A mid/low tier team in Germany would have been a good start for him and his play style. He would have had a better chance there in my opinion.

You’re underestimating the level of play in the German first division. He would’ve been able to play in the German second division but I doubt the first division.

He's obviously way out if shape for barely having played the last two years.

I agree Scorpion26 though that if he had the chance, Germany would have been better, especially not too big a club. He was never going to make it at Besiktas but It was probably too good to pass on. 

On a side note I wonder if all those hours in the gym are even good for him. All this bulking up might actually make him slower on the first meter. 

10 hours ago, shamrock said:

He's obviously way out if shape for barely having played the last two years.

I agree Scorpion26 though that if he had the chance, Germany would have been better, especially not too big a club. He was never going to make it at Besiktas but It was probably too good to pass on. 

On a side note I wonder if all those hours in the gym are even good for him. All this bulking up might actually make him slower on the first meter. 

He actually looks leaner to me, not bulkier, so I doubt this is the case. 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Stoke has taken the financial hit and released Berahino. Really hope that Larin's loan club do not go back in for that drunk driver.

This is sarcasm right. Larin has a DUI

Good news in a couple ways 

1) He started with Berahino

2) Contributed with Berahino and they won away so maybe they will start together again.  

Video of the assist; decent work, though to be fair the standoff defending on both guys and the deflection helped . 

https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/jupiler-pro-league/video/24566/goal-krc-genk-0-2-sv-zulte-waregem-78-berahino

5 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Good news in a couple ways 

1) He started with Berahino

2) Contributed with Berahino and they won away so maybe they will start together again.  

Video of the assist; decent work, though to be fair the standoff defending on both guys and the deflection helped . 

https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/jupiler-pro-league/video/24566/goal-krc-genk-0-2-sv-zulte-waregem-78-berahino

Also the pass was meant for someone else lol

• 2 weeks later...