Doneil Henry

Coramoor

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

don't think I have ever seen Cornelius play central in a back 3. He is also a left footer and Henry usually plays RCB in a back 4. If Kennedy can get over his injury and is back starting for Regensburg he could be an option but as jonovision mentioned I doubt Henry get excluded from the squad

I can’t watch the goals right now, but my understanding from fotmob, which isn’t always accurate with positions, was that he played on the right side of a back 3. That could explain the shakiness. Thankfully Canada doesn’t ask him to do that.

As you say, Cornelius is definitely a Miller backup/replacement not a Henry replacement. Henry and Cornelius played pretty well together in a back 4 against Jamaica. Cornelius was fotmobs’s MOTM in that game.

Edited by footballfreak

1) The K-League season is over. Suwong's last match was on Sunday.

2)

On 12/5/2021 at 4:22 PM, Atlantic said:

Is his contract up in Janurary? 

I have no idea. Wikipedia has him listed as one of Suwong's foreign players for 2022. It's Wikipedia though...

3) Suwong didn't qualify for any AFC competitions in 2022. Sad for him and the club but that does mean less travelling throughout Asia.

4) The 2022 K-League begins on February 19th 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Ruffian said:

A post from Reddit speculating Henry is no longer with Suwon since the team is removed from his Instagram.

RDT_20211224_1737449163703127633159046.thumb.jpg.a149652e4c3e2f62a3a24d2b3f3b527e.jpg

There's a book called "Who Ate All the Squid?" that takes a look at the K-League. One the takeaways from it is that the way contracts are structured in that league, you basically have to move on from a club after 2 or 3 years. Clubs are willing to give huge bonuses to new players (especially foreign ones) but will not pay to retain you. So top foreign players end up bouncing from club to club because it's the only way to get paid. So, he might be moving on from the league but if he's enjoying his time there he might just be looking for a new club and it's no reflection on his performance. 

46 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

There's a book called "Who Ate All the Squid?" that takes a look at the K-League. One the takeaways from it is that the way contracts are structured in that league, you basically have to move on from a club after 2 or 3 years. Clubs are willing to give huge bonuses to new players (especially foreign ones) but will not pay to retain you. So top foreign players end up bouncing from club to club because it's the only way to get paid. So, he might be moving on from the league but if he's enjoying his time there he might just be looking for a new club and it's no reflection on his performance. 

Isnt the author a voyageur?

4 hours ago, Watchmen said:

That book is by Devon Rowcliffe, whose user name I am not sure of, so I won't guess (I think I know). It took him a long time to write that book, and it's quite good, good that you cite it.

We know Devon from the Southside at Swangard, as a Caps supporter and then someone who stopped watching Caps and watched more amateur leagues in Van. I think he's back east now. Fine person.

9 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

League One? I'm sure he's not going to go somewhere that could be detrimental to his chances of making the CANMNT first team 

Hey, I know all CMNT players are now world class in this cult of which I'm a card carrying member. If he wants to go back to MLS for the NT that's great. But if he wants to explore his other options, Korea doesn't seem to offer a logical step up. Look at recent transfers out:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/k-league-1/transfers/wettbewerb/RSK1?saison_id=2021

A couple guys going to Germany, but otherwise A-League and lower levels. Might have to temper expectations a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Think this means Doneil Henry is now with AC Horsens in Denmark?

That is not what it means

The article says a player from Horens is moving to the Bluewings, the tweet then mentions "Bluewings also has the former Horsens player Doneil Henry on contract."