Doneil Henry

Coramoor

1 hour ago, cronaldo7 said:

Anyone have an idea or good guess at where he'll land? 

I would think something short term in a mid-lower Euro league would make sense too. We often see players sign a 6 month contract at this tine if year. Just to get back on the field and be ready for the Canada. I am sure his style would drive some coaches nuts, so he needs to find the right fit. 

Edited by Cblake

7 minutes ago, jonovision said:

He'd better hurry if he's doing that, no? Forge's CCL season starts in 4 days and ends in 2 weeks.

He really does need to find something quick to keep himself in the mix for the CMNT. If he does not have a club for the next moth or so, can or will Herman even consider him for March? 

4 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

If he doesn’t get something in MLS, then I expect he will sign a short term deal with in the CPL from either York or Forge, more likely Forge so he can play CCL.

Seems unlikely he’d still be an option for us if he drops down to CPL. Hopefully he can find something better.

6 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

If he doesn’t get something in MLS, then I expect he will sign a short term deal with in the CPL from either York or Forge, more likely Forge so he can play CCL.

Can't envision Doniel risking injury, of which he's had many, playing for CPL money.

1 hour ago, archer21 said:

Seems unlikely he’d still be an option for us if he drops down to CPL. Hopefully he can find something better.

Figure he would automatically get a CPL max deal of 77K if he did come to the league? I wonder if teams are hesitant to do that. 

As much as he makes me nervous out there sometimes, I think he was instrumental in changing the vibe in the Panama (with the corner kick shithousery) and Mexico (with a 'this is our house' tackle) games. I could be wrong but I feel he's like the tough older brother that helps his younger siblings stand taller just by being around... So I hope his playing situation gets worked out.

Edited by Cadeau

I've said this before about him, but he is a high risk/high reward CB.  His tackles are either going to save a goal or get called for a PK.  He also has the type of aggressive play that can attract the ref's attention and cards.

If the manager wants that type of player, he's your guy but I imagine there are a significant amount of managers out there who would prefer a little bit more consistency from their CBs.

6 hours ago, costarg said:

How and why?  CFM is deeper and better than both TFC and Van on D.

It’s debatably biased.
But the argument could be solidified this year.

Not sure I’m taking Miller over Mavinga. Definitely not Camacho(our 007 agent), or Waterman over Salcedo or O’neil….

37 minutes ago, Shway said:

It’s debatably biased.
But the argument could be solidified this year.

Not sure I’m taking Miller over Mavinga. Definitely not Camacho(our 007 agent), or Waterman over Salcedo or O’neil….

I'm confident and sticking with the statement, but your point is also fair, we'll see!  Have a good day sir! 

13 hours ago, AvroArrow said:

I've said this before about him, but he is a high risk/high reward CB.  His tackles are either going to save a goal or get called for a PK.  He also has the type of aggressive play that can attract the ref's attention and cards.

If the manager wants that type of player, he's your guy but I imagine there are a significant amount of managers out there who would prefer a little bit more consistency from their CBs.

Montreal has put up with Camacho and his schizophrenic play for years.  He might have an easier time busting into TFC lineup and it would be nice to see Henry in red again.  After last season I dont trust Mavinga at all.  He looked like one of the players who gave up on the team and mailed it in.  

Prior to last season, Mavinga over Miller for sure.  After last season?  Not a chance.  Mavinga was a travesty.  Miller was quite good and highly rated.  Still think Henry would look good in red in a back 2 (with Salcedo) or back 3 adding the Mavinga of years prior to last.  Could be asking for too much money but TFC do have cap space.