Doneil Henry

Coramoor

20 minutes ago, narduch said:

Good for him if that salary is guaranteed 

I'm not sure it is.

But I do believe the amount counts towards the team's annual "cap" limit.

Pure speculation but LAFCs strategy may be to use that international spot on Gareth Bale and they may use the money to bring an academy guy to the first team on the cheap.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

It's too bad for Henry. Can't help but feel keeping fit is an issue. When Doneil is healthy he can be quite good, but he always seems to pick up these niggles which make it hard to get a run of games. Has been the story at every level he's played. The two exceptions I can think of are Suwon samsung bluewings and the Whitecaps, where he was something of a regular. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

It's too bad for Henry. Can't help but feel keeping fit is an issue. When Doneil is healthy he can be quite good, but he always seems to pick up these niggles which make it hard to get a run of games. Has been the story at every level he's played. The two exceptions I can think of are Suwon samsung bluewings and the Whitecaps, where he was something of a regular. 

And I thought for sure he would get crocked up on the field turf, but he was like Cal Ripken Jr compared to the likes of Godoy and Gutierrez now.

I really think he'll catch on in MLS this summer.  I see plenty of dodgy back line play from sides bleeding goals.

5 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

I hope the family medical concerns are only his brain farts.  Seriously if he is leaving and we can plug a dependable CB back there or Bradley FFS, get it done. With the firepower they are going to have they only need to shore up the D a bit in order to compete.

Dependable isn't the first word that comes to mind when I think of Doneil Henry, but I suppose it's all relative...

Salcedo would be a big loss, but he is not the type of CB Toronto needs, especially on a DP deal. 

Short term pain, long term gain. Toronto can make better use of that DP spot. They can possibly use criscito to fill the gap in the meantime. And they could do worse than signing Doneil Henry to provide competition for the other spot. MacNaughton is waiting in the wings as well. 

12 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Salcedo has played good at times but I think that the CB spot remains a waste for a DP in MLS.

I think Henry could fill that spot and they could use the DP spot more effectively.

I do agree with that as a general rule. Hard to think of exceptions, though I am sure there are a few. Salcedo is not one of them, I don't think.

TAM players at CB are fine, generally speaking. And I think Salcedo is probably a TAM player in MLS. 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

How he is not signed yet is crazy. He needs to play and TFC needs something at CB.

MLS teams are likely hesitant to pick up his contract at his current salary. Maybe he isn't willing to come down enough. He is still getting paid.

2 hours ago, Ruffian said:

MLS teams are likely hesitant to pick up his contract at his current salary. Maybe he isn't willing to come down enough. He is still getting paid.

Could teams get him at half salary for this season? I’ve seen that with DPs but not sure that is possible for his situation. Teams maybe more willing to take a chance on him if so.

11 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

Could teams get him at half salary for this season? I’ve seen that with DPs but not sure that is possible for his situation. Teams maybe more willing to take a chance on him if so.

I think you are correct. Maybe teams are waiting for the date that allows them to sign him and only count half his salary on the cap.