Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

2 minutes ago, gkhs said:

I was feeling hopeful that, with the layoff since his season ended, he might have recovered physically and be on better form. It really was a tale of two seasons, he was decent-to-good before the injury and brutal after.

But, he looked totally unplayable. No confidence on the ball, at all.

Pending Atiba's availability, Oso is going to have to play in the double pivot with SE. With Kone, if/when they go with a three man midfield.

Hopefully that's a 'when' because a two man midfield against Croatia and Belgium is going to be a pushover and is going to put an insane amount of mileage on Eustaquio.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Coming back here for another appreciation post from a guy that has vocally voiced my frustration with his play in recent years. He still shows signs of Jekyll & Hyde.  Had a poor game last weekend at home with some brutal turnovers but was incredible on Saturday vs Nashville.  His work rate, his defense, some of his dribbling and his passing were all on.  I debated if it was worth a post but saw that he made MLS Team of the Week and saw this posted about his passing performance as well.

On 4/10/2023 at 2:44 PM, Corazon said:

Coming back here for another appreciation post from a guy that has vocally voiced my frustration with his play in recent years. He still shows signs of Jekyll & Hyde.  Had a poor game last weekend at home with some brutal turnovers but was incredible on Saturday vs Nashville.  His work rate, his defense, some of his dribbling and his passing were all on.  I debated if it was worth a post but saw that he made MLS Team of the Week and saw this posted about his passing performance as well.

Team of the "matchday"?... ok seriously MLS, this is getting a little ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, An Observer said:

Kaye has just had a shocker today. I don’t know how many times he has been caught in possession or given the ball away 

He still worries me in the middle of the park for the CanMNT. Yes he does some things very well but the turnovers in vulnerable positions on the pitch can completely turn a game on its head. For me, the positives just don’t outweigh the negatives.

I don't like to be overly critical of any player who chooses to wear the Maple Leaf and represent our country however Kaye really lost me with that selfish Red Card in Costa Rica, that may have very well cost us in the WC seeding and put us in what became the Group of Death! He has his moments of quality but I think overall his game is in decline and I really don't think he can be counted on in our National Team midfield, I hope he proves me wrong!

17 hours ago, An Observer said:

Kaye has just had a shocker today. I don’t know how many times he has been caught in possession or given the ball away 

For whatever it’s worth, his “stats” were actually pretty good. Worst stat was only 80% successful passes, but the rest looks like a good match. Goes to show you can’t count on that stuff. Perhaps Kaye found a way to juice his stats regardless of what it looks like on the field. 

Did not see the match but Kaye seems like one of those players, as is sometimes said about early to mid career guys, who does not yet know what he wants to be when he grows up.

I also don't like the fact he's one of the most outspoken, often unthinkingly, about the player vs. CSA cause, suggesting he might use causes of all sorts to hide behind instead of letting his play talk. 

he was terrible...first goal he didnt cover his player who got a shot on goal and then there was the own goal which obviously wasnt his fault...fourth goal loses the ball cheaply in the midfield and they go all the way...gave away a number of other balls easily...watched every tfc game this year and he had one good game...lets push it and say two...and osorio doesnt defend properly so putting those two in a two cm formation was recipe for disaster...unfortunately ppl give way too much importance to these rating sites and take it as the definite answer of how a player did

• 1 month later...

Reading the TFC piece from the Athletic.

https://theathletic.com/4555769/2023/05/26/toronto-fc-insigne-bernardeschi-bradley-mls/

In the meeting, per multiple sources present, Bernardeschi quipped “of course, you’re his son” to Michael when the veteran midfielder spoke up to encourage Bernardeschi to air his issues out in the meeting, and “of course, you’re his papa” to Bob. At one point, when Mark-Anthony Kaye interjected, Bernardeschi referred to Kaye as Bob’s “other son.”

LMAO

Aw, snap!  Bernie preaching truth to power, what?!  With some salt no less.

(I like MAK, personally, but I think this is probably is indeed not far from the truth and it likely hasn't helped MAK keep his edge knowing that he is pencilled into the starting 11 almost as automatically as MB4 when not injured.  I think that MAK's performances haven't been as uniformly bad as his detractors make out, but they sure haven't been consistently national team quality)

7 hours ago, VinceA said:

Reading the TFC piece from the Athletic.

https://theathletic.com/4555769/2023/05/26/toronto-fc-insigne-bernardeschi-bradley-mls/

In the meeting, per multiple sources present, Bernardeschi quipped “of course, you’re his son” to Michael when the veteran midfielder spoke up to encourage Bernardeschi to air his issues out in the meeting, and “of course, you’re his papa” to Bob. At one point, when Mark-Anthony Kaye interjected, Bernardeschi referred to Kaye as Bob’s “other son.”

LMAO

That is hilarious. There’s no coming back from that and something has to give. Not a surprise that Kaye is a brown noser.