Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, canuckgbp said:

He had a couole of the horrible passes he tends to do… but other than that he was really good. Covered a lot of ground as the #6. 

I don't know.. he did cover a lot of ground but looked like he was slow in the passes and wasn't really trying to push the offence against a weak chicago side.. i think he could have done more.  He had a couple boneheaded passes /plays but other than that was decent. 

I don't think anything i've seen from him this season to show me that he should start in the midfield on the national team.  I would bring him in for gold cup as one of the older vets in the midfield, but I don't think he should see any time in Nations League if we are making a serious run at a trophy,

He wasn't horrific last night but he did commit some of the typical Kaye sins. Dawdling on the ball after a pass reception, then going to ground to win the ball back in a poorly timed tackle. When he gives it up you've got a pretty good chance of a yellow card when he reacts.

When Kaye was an MLS all star at LAFC as a #8,  his quick release and ball progression was tops. He was playing as #6 last night, but his passing is not at the same level it was. Seems to get caught in possession a few times as well. 

On 6/3/2023 at 11:41 PM, VinceA said:

Fotmob seems to be very kind to him these days. Contrasts with what people say on this board

Most games he leads the team in passes and has a very high passing percentage. He also gets a lot of interceptions. Where he looks bad is that he has 1 or 2 really bad giveaways a game. I play a fantasy soccer game that gives point based on all of these stats and usually lines up similar to Fotmob's ratings.

3 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Most games he leads the team in passes and has a very high passing percentage. He also gets a lot of interceptions. Where he looks bad is that he has 1 or 2 really bad giveaways a game. I play a fantasy soccer game that gives point based on all of these stats and usually lines up similar to Fotmob's ratings.

He leads the league in tackles by a long shot.  There ar currently only two players with more than 30 tackles this season.  Aidan Morris at 37 tackles and MAK at 46 tackles.  Thats 17 more tackles than the 3rd most in the league.  He is also among the top for interceptions as well.  His passing completion is quite good as well (Aidan Morris again has incredible numbers in this category).  However, as I watch almost all TFC games (home games in person), it has become common for him to have a couple atrocious giveaways or bad passes every game nowadays and he doesn't seem to have his old usual attack passing capabilities as well.

6 hours ago, Corazon said:

He leads the league in tackles by a long shot.  There ar currently only two players with more than 30 tackles this season.  Aidan Morris at 37 tackles and MAK at 46 tackles.  Thats 17 more tackles than the 3rd most in the league.  He is also among the top for interceptions as well.  His passing completion is quite good as well (Aidan Morris again has incredible numbers in this category).  However, as I watch almost all TFC games (home games in person), it has become common for him to have a couple atrocious giveaways or bad passes every game nowadays and he doesn't seem to have his old usual attack passing capabilities as well.

Hmmm. Maybe I will watch him a bit closer.  I think I see the atrocious give aways and notice the lack of side splitting passes he used to have and I am missing his excellent water carrying work. 

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

Hmmm. Maybe I will watch him a bit closer.  I think I see the atrocious give aways and notice the lack of side splitting passes he used to have and I am missing his excellent water carrying work. 

I went to a few LAFC games when he played for them and he isn't the offensive player he was with them, which I believe is related to his injuries.

I think what @An Observeris seeing whenever the game is on the line, that's when Kaye gives up the ball or throws a reckless tackle. The one bad play he makes negates the good work he has done for 89 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...