Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

News reports out of Italy say that LAFC are interested in signing Daniele De Rossi. Doesn't seem to make much sense to me. But if it did come to pass, wonder might impact that might have on Kaye.

Other interested parties are said to be NYCFC and Boca Juniors.

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Awww the silly season.  I hear that BIg Soccer is looking at getting Mr Parrot.  Lord Bob, Robert, UT, Grizzly and El hombre are considering all offers and will rule out nothing.  

Yeah, I have a couple irons in the fire.  Keep an eye on this space come July 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lansdude said:

Terry Dunfield (now with TFC academy) was on MLS' Extra Time podcast talking about Canada's chances.

When MAK came up and they talked about how solid a player he's been, Dunfield said they were "still eating humble pie" about letting him go.

delighted they did let him go...

I was hopeful of Doneil Henry sneaking in.  Definitely one of if not Vancouver's best player this year and a few MLS team of the week honours.    Maybe had he played a few more games he would have snuck in.

Well deserved for MAK though.

• 2 weeks later...

^ another solid game by the lad. 

He's so good in that RM spot in LAFC's 4-3-3, find he always gives great support and an outlet to his RB as well. 

Hope Herdman plays him there instead of LB in a 4-3-3(most of the Gold Cup) or CDM in a 4-1-4-1(like that 10-15 mins vs Haiti).

4 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

I only saw one inaccurate pass, late in the game.  Otherwise, his distribution was stellar.  I really liked how he confidently dribbled out of pressure and then would make a forward pass through the lines.  There was a lot of Hutchinson in his play last night:  torch being passed?

I see him more challenging Osorio than Hucthinson. Eustaquio is more likely to take Hutchinson when he gets healthy again

10 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I see him more challenging Osorio than Hucthinson. Eustaquio is more likely to take Hutchinson when he gets healthy again

I've never seen Eustaquio play so I can't comment on his style of play but I really like Kaye's box to box range and tracking back.  Among the many things that were glaring last night was how much more athletic he and Atuesta were compared to Erice and Teibert.  Within their scheme and the players around them, they obviously were able to move the ball more quickly but in any loose ball situations they seemed seemed quicker in getting there.  As I said way back in this thread, those two make a pretty tasty midfield.  

Watched/skipped through a lot of the game. I had no idea Kaye could shoot like that from distance, he could have had a few from outside the box. The rebound from his shot also led to the 5th or 6th goal  

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

I see it the exact same as you, not to derail the thread but a Mid 3 of... 

Arfield                        Kaye 

Eustaquio

I'm speechless dreaming about it honestly, with Oso as a fireplug sub off the bench. 

Edited by apbsmith

18 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

I see it the exact same as you, not to derail the thread but a Mid 3 of... 

Arfield                        Kaye 

Eustaquio

I'm speechless dreaming about it honestly, with Oso as a fireplug sub off the bench. 

And Piette for Eustaquio if need be. Midfield definitely looking really good!

Jeepers, does anyone remember what happened to Larin??  3 good seasons in MLS, then growth completely stalled by going to a bad situation and 2 lost years in Turkey.  Kaye is in his second good year....why dont we just let him win MLS BEST 11, be one of the best on the best MLS team, or win a MLS cup etc before we all start talking about Europe.  Its so hard to get a player into a club spot where he fits, the coaches believe in them and everything just CLICKS.  

Yeeee and Bradley is my #1 choice to replace Herdman one day anyways. Not saying he ever would even take it and not saying Herdman will be let go, but ya Bradley still my top choice... Grass is not always greener on the other side. Let Kaye keep rolling at LaFc he is doing just fine!

17 hours ago, Reign said:

Does anyone think he mite be attracting some Europe interest ? He won’t be sold cheap so would probably have to be a club with money if he is.

He's definitely getting some interest and if he keeps this up for the rest of the year, wouldn't be surprised to start seeing some solid rumors coming out. He's the type of player clubs love to have and the type that goes for a lot of $$$. 

I would personally love to seem him at a club like Lyon.

Edited by Chad_Impact

16 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Kaye should definitely replace Hutch IMO.  He’s so athletic and his technical performance has come so far.

As much as Osorio has played very well for us I think a midfield of Arfield, Kaye and Piette would look super sharp going forward.

Kaye does everything Piette  does plus more. Swap Osorio for Piette.