Mark-Anthony Kaye

Dub Narcotic

7 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

In fairness it's not like it was like for like. At the time MAK was primarily playing LB for TFCII. The fact that the coaching staff couldn't figure out his best position is a whole other issue entirely

Yeah, let's just be thankful Bradley Sr. recognized the diamond in the rough. Always nice to see hard working non-flashy players flourish with the right support.

Lets not give Bradley too big a clap on the back.  Kaye went to louisvlle for 2 seasons, and Zambrano got him into our program and on the field at the gold cup. After which he went on a tear in USL and won the cup there.  By that time I am sure he was on MLS radar, and Bradley had MDS at LAFC in 2018 as Kaye blossomed.  

4 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Lets not give Bradley too big a clap on the back.  Kaye went to louisvlle for 2 seasons, and Zambrano got him into our program and on the field at the gold cup. After which he went on a tear in USL and won the cup there.  By that time I am sure he was on MLS radar, and Bradley had MDS at LAFC in 2018 as Kaye blossomed.  

IIRC, Bradley saw him at the Gold Cup and that's when he was on LAFC's radar. Had Zambrano never called him, he would probably still play in USL.

Good game from Kaye. He is very brave with his forward passing.  Not afraid to make mistakes.  Very strong on the ball, does not get caught in possession, but his passes do get picked off at times.  An aerial threat on set pieces.  Very patient on the ball and excellent vision.  Great game tying assist today. 

He can play anywhere in the midfield, but asking him to play more conservatively as a defensive mid, basically covering for Oso and Arfield, would be a waste of Kaye's talents.  At this point I'd start Kaye beside Arfield, with Hutch or Piette or Teibert behind them.  Given Kaye is starting regularly for the 1st place team and Osorio is not starting regularly for a mediocre TFC, I think Kaye has won his spot for the fall fixtures.

2nd half the galaxy were burnt out, and couldn't press anymore. That afforded him a lot more time on the ball to pick passes. 

We dont need a stand alone DM, when we have guys who can collectively do the work like Arfield in a 4-3-3. 

IMO the game is shifting away from players who are solely just DMs. Box to box midfielders who can do both is the new wave. 

Edited by Shway

Kaye and Atuesta were a little lost last in the first half and got overrun by Galaxy's numbers. Kaye made a few bad decisions and tried to force forward passes a couple times when he should have just shielded the ball and recycled it. He also got stripped of the ball on a low odds run in the first half and left space for the Galaxy to run into which ultimately led to a goal.

In the second half he was much better, LAG faded and LAFC spaced themselves out and made themselves available better. MAK played a number of direct passes through thickets defenders and a few light balls over the top. He also had a great dribble on the right in tight space against two Galaxy players, nutmegging the second one and getting himself free.

Also did a good job winning 50-50s. Great at ball winning without being a bulldozer. Light touch, good close skill and patience. As he gains more experience under pressure and his panic threshold drops he should get even better. I wouldn't surprised if he had the most touches in the match for either team last night.

Should be an auto starter on CMNT. Really like this guy, reminds me of Ivan Rakitic.

Edited by Lansdude

45 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

^^^^ This.  If its Kaye, Arfield and insert name here, with davies, david and cavallini upfront, do we really need a "real" dm??  Kaye and Arfield arent slouchs and can walk and chew gum at the same time.  

I think we do, only because our back 4 are collectively weak and require constant defensive support.

However, I think this will resolve itself once Eustaquio gets healthy. He is naturally more defensive than Kaye but is also a better distributor and can cover tons of ground. 

Kaye--Eustaquio--Arfield will be an awesome midfield.

20 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

I think we do, only because our back 4 are collectively weak and require constant defensive support.

However, I think this will resolve itself once Eustaquio gets healthy. He is naturally more defensive than Kaye but is also a better distributor and can cover tons of ground. 

Kaye--Eustaquio--Arfield will be an awesome midfield.

I think/hope Eustaquio can be the Autesta of our midfield. From the little I know of both players, they are similar in terms of style, quality and even age.

Then, rather than Blessing, we have Arfield as an all-action option, Piette as a defensive option, or Osorio as more of a creative-shuttler option.

• 1 month later...

I know people might not want to hear this because we want total Canadian commitment, But my guess is he had one eye on a MLS championship. I think it is smarter for him to be subbed out and stay healthy than keep going and be out for the playoffs and possibly November. It worked out in the end, and I am hopeful he will be fine.

6 minutes ago, BFBF said:

I know people might not want to hear this because we want total Canadian commitment, But my guess is he had one eye on a MLS championship. I think it is smarter for him to be subbed out and stay healthy than keep going and be out for the playoffs and possibly November. It worked out in the end, and I am hopeful he will be fine.

Don't worry, noone minds hearing your conspiracy theories based on zero actual knowledge. post away!